It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

My Big Bang Theory..

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   
No i'm not a scientist, physist, astronomer, or religous freak.. so if i make any part of my theory asinine, well please enlighten me.. and thank you...

So as i understand the "Big Bang", everything/nothing was so compressed into something so small, the pressure had to be released... thus a "really big bang".. a question... how does everything/nothing get so compressed?... if there is nothing, how can anything exist?..ok... been thinking awhile on this... how would the universe "get" nothing ?

black holes...would it be possible that eventually all black holes in the universe merged as 1 ? a universal black hole? if it could, it then would be so massive it would collapse on itself to the point of "everything/nothing" and then eventually " a really big bang".. do i dare say a black hole super nova??? spewing out everything from nothing... if this could happen, how many times have there been a new universe..the universe has to come to an end sometime, as i dont see stars and planets fornicating..

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:20 AM
link   
i had the same thoughts and came to the conclusion of: 1. Anything and Everything was created by God
2. Everything was just here somehow...
3. Particles, dust ice, ect. compacted together
i saw a post somewhere saying that dust and particles etc. don't compact together ↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑↑

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:23 AM
link   
Are you sure there is only one universe?
Could this just be one, possibly even a smaller less significant one, compared to the others, in an even larger multiverse?
just a thought. just a question...... nothing more

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:30 AM
link   
reply to post by snowman9364

So as i understand the "Big Bang", everything/nothing was so compressed into something so small, the pressure had to be released... thus a "really big bang".. a question... how does everything/nothing get so compressed?...

Well, it depends on what particular theory of creation you look at. I think there's one called the "Big Bounce", meaning the big bang is a cyclic thing, our Universe will expand out to a certain point but eventually collapse back in on it's self. This implosion would create like a singularity that contains the mass of the entire Universe, and it would explode again, creating the next big bang.

if there is nothing, how can anything exist?..ok... been thinking awhile on this... how would the universe "get" nothing ?

Well how can the universe get something? Where did all this stuff come from? Is it rational to assume "it just was" always here? I think it'd be more rational if there was just nothing at all. But I do have a theory. We aren't really "real" per se. What I mean is, we are projections of virtual/borrowed energy. When you stretch a rubber band you create potential energy. In a neutral position the rubber band has no energy, nothing. I believe the fabric of reality naturally fluctuates and thus potential/virtual/holographic energy will manifest. You might say, we exist, but don't exist at the same time. The sum total of all energy in the Universe is 0.

PS - i'm using the term Universe very loosely here in most cases.

edit on 23-1-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
reply to post by Disemboweled

id say im sorry,but im not.. I dont believe in "god"., or any other "god like character".. no offense Disembowleled... peace

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:55 AM
link   
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Not sure there is only 1 universe, but it seems to me there would eventually only be 1, then none then "bang"... what sort of "barrier" would seperate universes?.. i would think a (if possible) universal black hole would "devour" everything.. including time, space and everything that has mass or energy...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:10 AM
link   

I really have no idea what kind of barrier there would be, or even if they would be connected at all.
Lately I have just found myself thinking alot more about how insignificant my life and I really am. Also, that I could even be less significant than i even realize. With so much out there that is somewhat known, and then the mass amounts of what is unknown. I feel that I personally am insignificant within my own small space that i live. Yet alone in this country, on this planet, in this galaxy, within this giant universe, and beyond the universe. Thus leading me to wonder more about what is beyond our universe, and not so much about what is within it. Nothing more than a speck of dust.
I will stop now. too far off subject. sorry. That's just the ramblings and thoughts of my lunatic mind. Keeps me curious and slightly entertained.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:20 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhizPhiz

So as i understand the "Big Bang", everything/nothing was so compressed into something so small, the pressure had to be released... thus a "really big bang".. a question... how does everything/nothing get so compressed?...

Well, it depends on what particular theory of creation you look at. I think there's one called the "Big Bounce", meaning the big bang is a cyclic thing, our Universe will expand out to a certain point but eventually collapse back in on it's self. This implosion would create like a singularity that contains the mass of the entire Universe, and it would explode again, creating the next big bang.

if there is nothing, how can anything exist?..ok... been thinking awhile on this... how would the universe "get" nothing ?

Well how can the universe get something? Where did all this stuff come from? Is it rational to assume "it just was" always here? I think it'd be more rational if there was just nothing at all. But I do have a theory. We aren't really "real" per se. What I mean is, we are projections of virtual/borrowed energy. When you stretch a rubber band you create potential energy. In a neutral position the rubber band has no energy, nothing. I believe the fabric of reality naturally fluctuates and thus potential/virtual/holographic energy will manifest. You might say, we exist, but don't exist at the same time. The sum total of all energy in the Universe is 0.

PS - i'm using the term Universe very loosely here in most cases.

edit on 23-1-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

as the old saying goes "which came first? the chicken or the egg?"

quote "We aren't really "real" per se. What I mean is, we are projections of virtual/borrowed energy. "

who projected us? , but more important how did the projectionist get here(before nothing?), wherever here is???
... please help my 2 brain cells understand a little more...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowman9364
reply to post by BrokenCircles

Not sure there is only 1 universe, but it seems to me there would eventually only be 1, then none then "bang"... what sort of "barrier" would seperate universes?.. i would think a (if possible) universal black hole would "devour" everything.. including time, space and everything that has mass or energy...

Have you read about M-Theory and the "Brane Collision" alternative to the big bang? It's quite fascinating. It accounts for a lot of the weird stuff with other theories, but presents its own challenges, of course. It's one of the big "wars" in science right now, a la the Black Hole War.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:31 AM
link   

who projected us? , but more important how did the projectionist get here(before nothing?), wherever here is??? ... please help my 2 brain cells understand a little more...

No one literally projected us. I mean to say we aren't entirely "solid". Similar to holograms, we are virtual projections produced by the warping/fluctuating of the fabric of reality, nothing. The fabric of reality in it's neutral form is "nothing", the total amount of energy in a neutral space would be equal to 0. But no part of space-time is completely neutral, energy is always appearing and disappearing even in a vacuum containing not a single particle. But is that energy really "real"? Even I hardly understand what I'm trying to say.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:41 AM
link   
reply to post by 00nunya00

havent heard of it.. count on it, ill be reading it soon... thanks... sounds interesting

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:50 AM
link   

Originally posted by snowman9364

havent heard of it.. count on it, ill be reading it soon... thanks... sounds interesting

Oh man.....you're gonna love it. If you can get your hands on a copy (not sure if they stream it anywhere?) watch the whole Elegant Universe series from Nova. They eventually get around to Brane Collision, but give you a background and fundamental understanding of String Theory (genesis of M-Theory) first, which really helps to grasp the collision concept.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:51 AM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

... im happy to hear you dont understand what your saying, cuz i sure dont... trying to make some kinda sense of that just fried 1 of my 2 remaning brain cells...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   
This universe could be cyclical. A big bang, followed by billions of year of expansion until expansion slowed and gravity overcame resulting in a big crunch. But then you have the problem of what created that first big bang

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:54 AM
link   

Awe yes "string theory"... ringing bells now.. ill soon "refesh"...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:51 AM
link   
My own theory of the Big Bang. Once upon a time there was a very large, very intelligent Energy Force. This Force became Aware, and realized that it was Sentient, and blew up into millions of small parts, each part landing on a planetary world that would support a type of life, and became what we know today as our Human Souls. We are God. That is my theory.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:05 AM
link   
I was thinking about this subject yesterday, and came up with a theory of my own (at least i never heard or read about it) to me it is somewhat plausible (i don't want to say i 100% believe or stand by this, but i like comming up with theory's). Not everything has to have a hard or tough explanation, sometimes the simplest theory is the correct one (or the most correct one), still i'm not saying or claiming this to be true, its all my own opinion/fantasy/mindset..

But what if: Once upon a time, very very very long ago (and i mean very very very very long like a billion years ago), there was a civilization (it does not have to be human, just intelligent enough to make up/invent stuff). They where technically very advanced, maybe they could clone things with ease, maybe they had a posion that would make you immortal, that kind of advancement. Now lets say that this civilization was trying some new experiments,(i keep the scale of the experiment out on purpose) But lets think together that they could do massive experiments, and that one of their experiments went inseanly wrong exploded the heck out of them and ended up in a BIG BANG, maybe we could have originated from all of this.

Just read the above with a sence of everything is possible, could be a nice explanation for the big bang wouldn't it?

(Edit to add)
So in one line, the BIG BANG was a lab-experiment that went so wrong it created the BIG BANG, and all we see/don't see today.
edit on 23/1/2011 by Bauwser because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 28 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   

Ah shi, i just made a topic about this.... You beat me.

posted on Mar, 12 2011 @ 07:00 AM
link   

The Big Bang Theory.
It is accepted without question that the big bang happened a very, very long time ago, millions of years ago.
My theory turns it all around.

Before the big bang there was nothing, no time, no space, no gravity, nothing.
In deep sleep, there is nothing, no time, no space, no gravity, nothing.
From nothing came everything.
In the dreaming state and in the waking state, from nothing came everything.

Now, this is not just a fanciful theory as quantum mechanics are saying this, but not quite the way i'm saying it.
Quantum Experiments are showing that all things are just waves of possibilities until someone looks at it. There really is no solid physical world out there. Particles, which make up all so called matter, are waves not solid until it is viewed.

So what i am suggesting is that each moment there is something like a chemical reaction; conscious observer + waves of possibility = this life experience. This equation is the big bang.
edit on 12-3-2011 by Itisnowagain because: (no reason given)

posted on Mar, 16 2012 @ 03:56 AM
link   

I completely agree with your theory. I've spent many nights running the scenario through my head, even tried to get an e-mail through to Dr. Michio Kaku. I think of it like the creation of a black hole. A star is compressed unto itself crushing everything into a single point and then exploding out. If all of another universe was sucked into a black hole, consequently all the matter would be broken down to its absolute base. Build up enough to reach critical mass and I can't see how a black hole could contain it. Thus ejecting all of this mass back into the empty space created by the black hole. Then when the new universe expands to its maximum size, it could retrack back to its origin to start the process over again. Thus answering where the universe came from, how it will end, and how it will be reborn. Time is relative, so this cycle has probably been going on for an unfathomable amount of time. But, I am like you; I am not a theoretical physicist or anything of the sort. It all makes sense in perspective.

new topics

top topics

join