It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ron Paul, Ralph Nader agree on 'progressive-libertarian alliance'

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:26 AM
link   
If these two could get together and win, then accomplish just what they agree on as outline in the article. It would be the most positive accomplishments in the USA in my life (I'm in my 50s).

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:38 AM
link   
IMO if any of these guys get near to being elected president I fear for their safety.
Think about it rationally.

Both are against the Military Industrial Complex; the Federal Reserve’s present status; and for diminishing the corporate stranglehold on the economy.

Does anyone really think that those powers would let any of them or both 1000 miles near the white house?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheWalkingFox
reply to post by ExPostFacto

Problem is, most of the similarities are superficial. Some aren't even similar.

I agree with this part of your post. While "progressives" have far-left ideologies and libertarians have some far-right ideologies, I don't see how a successful alliance could be achieved.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:40 AM
link   
Two men who continuously exhibit upstanding moral character and an opposition to corrupt tyrannical force, could we ever have a better alliance? I mean just wow, finally bridging the divide between two groups which on the left/right paradigm are near polar opposites uniting to take on the middle.

I believe this sort of thing is happening all over the world, the left and right are rising up against the phony center. The two major parties of each country have been shown to have no real differences and when push-comes-to-shove they are each-others closest allies.

Hopefully people have not forgotten who had predicted this alliance, although it seems to me he was a little early in his forecast.

Maybe they can take over an entire party within the decade? I wouldn’t mind seeing the real Republican Party of Calvin Coolidge and Theodore Roosevelt make a comeback.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:13 AM
link   
OK, what would the Rothschilds and Bilderburger group (AKA: PTB) think of this union? If the Federal Reserve is threatened they would not be happy. As they control the media they would exert every bit of influence they have to convince the American public that these two guys joining forces is ridiculously bad news.

You can bet on that. Do they have enough resources between them to fight back?? Unfortunately I highly doubt it. Maybe they could get some kind of internet grass roots funding thing going, but even that might not be enough. It is the very "PTB" that they are fighting after all.

EDIT: Sorry for being negative. This is a good thing that we should be thinking positive about to help make it happen. This "coalition" would be a great thing for America. I am really rooting for this to amount to something even though I am not American.
edit on 1/23/2011 by wayno because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:23 PM
link   
I just don't buy it. The fed is one of the biggest dangers to this nation. Seems that ending the wars and getting the corporations fingers off of our government are the only things we have in common.

Another poster said "the enemy of my enemy is my friend". We tried that in WWII. We "allied" with the soviets against the nazis, look how that turned out. Right is right, left is wrong.

<< 1   >>

join