It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Speculation on the Tree of Life

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
So among some the strange stuff I have encountered in my life, one connection I have made was with the Tree of Life. A few weeks ago a name kept ringing in my head, saying, "Moriche, Moriche, Moriche." So I decided to look up what it was. Here is what I gathered. The Moriche is the name of a palm, called Mauritia flexuosa. The palm grows in North-eastern South America, and the Amazon, and bears a fruit called "Buriti".
Source - www.pacsoa.org.au...

Here is what the Buriti fruit looks like...

So lets go back to Ancient Sumeria and look at the gods with the tree of life.
Source - www.crystalinks.com...

Scroll down and look at what the God's are holding in their hands. It should be a bucket, and a pinecone thingy.
From my understanding the pinecone is to represent the "seed" or "fruit" to nourish the tree of life. It also is understood that it could be the pineal gland, which is apparently your "Third eye".

Here the same image is seen at the Vatican.

Here is some other interesting ones.

Looks kinda similar right?

So compare the Buriti fruit with the fruit the Sumerian Gods are holding.

Here

and Here

Interesting right? Is this fruit indeed connected to a tree which holds the key to our immortality? Or perhaps it holds the cures for most, if not all of our illnesses. Maybe we are a representation of the Tree of Life, and the Buriti fruit the Sumerian gods' are holding is a key component to nourish us? What are your guys thoughts on the matter?
edit on 22-1-2011 by siak91188 because: link didn't work

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   
Good Post their realy interesting.

My thoughts on it is that it could be as you say a key. but i think as a key you need to eat it to open up the door to be have another state of mind, that will allow you to have a greater understanding.

Just a thought

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
This is very interesting research you've done on the Tree of Life. I've wondered about what it could be myself. I find Genesis 3:22 interesting in it's wording. 'And the Lord God said, "Behold , the man is become as one of us, to know good and evil: and now, lest he put forth his hand, and take also of the tree of life, and eat, and live forever" I can't help but wonder about who "us" could be. I imagine God and the angels he created, but I still consider ET's sometimes. I'm sure I'm considered a bad Christian for even thinking it. The Bible also says God placed Cherubims at the East of the Garden of Eden and a flaming sword which turned every which way, to keep the way of the tree of life. I wonder about those too. I saw something on the internet about Cherubim a while back, but I can't remember what site. It had to do with how they are not the chubby little babies depicted in art. I believe the site had to do with the Ark of the Covenant.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Wow, very interesting post! This tree (Maurita flexuosa) has a lot of useful qualities such as a high vitamin c count, is used to make many foods/beverages, plus a whole lot more! I think the ancients were well ahead of us in terms of using nature to their advantage, and they knew what they needed, and from were they needed it. If this tree is the sumerian tree of life, it makes sense, as theres probably a thousand other qualities this tree has that we know nothing of. IMO everything that humans need to survive is in nature, everything is provided for us!

Peace 2 all

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
Well when googling it, there is a lot of info and some scholarly work too Source
Sounds like it is good for soil and has interesting optical properties. It is used to absorb photolumiscenceWiki

Kinda sounds like a super nutrient too, especially considering if there was a lack of diverse vegetation to provide multiple nutrients. It's like a holy vitamin, providing sustenance and vitality.

Textit was created by God to bless the woman, due to the high content of phytoestrogens, and vitamin E. It was named by Alexander Von Humboldt as the "tree of life" for being a nutritious fruit rich in vitamins A, E and C and minerals like calcium, and it is used as an effective vitamin supplement for kids.

Properties
- It alleviates the annoying effects of the menopause due to the high phytoestrogen content.
-  It prevents osteoporosis by its calcium content.
-  It nourishes the skin due to the high beta-carotene content (Vit A)
-  It is a powerful anti-aging agent because of its content of vitamin E.
- It strengthens the immune system and mucous membranes due to its ascorbic acid content.

Source

spec

ETA: Good connection siak, I always thought it was pine cones too, and the pineal. With it's luminescent properties, perhaps it is indeed connected with some type of ascension or illumination third eye kind of stuff.

edit on 22-1-2011 by speculativeoptimist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:18 PM
link   

Originally posted by Nox789
Good Post their realy interesting.

My thoughts on it is that it could be as you say a key. but i think as a key you need to eat it to open up the door to be have another state of mind, that will allow you to have a greater understanding.

Just a thought

Yeah i was thinking along those lines also. Maybe the fruit has properties which affect the mind, which helps you reach heightened states of consciousness???

edit on 22-1-2011 by Hazz-14 because: edit

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
I've always thought that God gave us everything we need to cure any ailment right here on Earth. It just makes sense that if we can develop a disease, the cure should also be available. I think every naturally occurring thing probably has useful properties for us.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
The only thing I'd be interested in knowing is whether or not the fruit grows outside of south america.

It also has an interesting look-alike correlation to a scene from the assassins creed brotherhood videogame where the assassin takes the apple of eden from the vatican.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
They look like phoenix eggs, which ironically are.. apart? of the Tree of Life in some shape or form. I'd like to get a few of those fruits!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Komaratzi11

The early books of the bible are actually Polytheistic - either directly as in your example ("us" being the gods of the pantheon) or indirectly (later Books describing competition between the Yahweh and Elohim cults, as well as frequent popular conversions to the Phoenician religions next door)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:06 PM
link   
Info here might be useful

thechronicleproject.org...

see starting at chapter 2 page 26 on the PDF

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:49 PM
link   
Interesting find. as far as things go, a lot of the images of the gods and the "cone" that you showed are meant to represent the pineal gland, the seat of awakening and our psychic nature amongst other things. The pineal is so named for a couple of reasons. First, it is from the Latin for pine cone, as both the pineal and the images shown in the OP, resemble a pine cone. Also, "Pnay El" means "face of God" in Hebrew and was the name Jacob gave to the place he wrestled with the angel.

Here are a few pictures of pine cones:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f9a8da437725.jpg[/atsimg]
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/933502210e65.jpg[/atsimg]

and a sketch of the pineal:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/374aa9d7c662.gif[/atsimg]

This representation is especially true of the image the OP posted of the intertwining snakes reaching toward the cone on the staff. This represents the kundalini energy moving up toward the pineal through the Ida and Pingala energetic channels.

All of this being said, your fruits do bear a resemblance and I can't say that they aren't represented by these images as well, but I know for certain that the pineal/pine cone angle is correct.

edit on 22-1-2011 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

edit on 23-1-2011 by coyotepoet because: clarity

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:36 AM
link   
reply to post by siak91188

IS THIS WHY BUSH AND ALL THESE ELITES ARE BUYING LAND IN PARAGUAY AND SOUTH AMERICA???!! HOLY F$%& IT IS!!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:08 AM
link   
A theoretical physicist, who has collaborated with a Nobel Prize winner in physics and with a biochemist who discovered vitamin B12, has analyzed the Tree of Life (Otz Chiim) in a way never done before and has discovered its amazing mathematical properties and how it is mathematically equivalent to the sacred geometries of other religions - a discovery with profound implications. Moreover, he has proved rigorously that this blueprint for Man - physical, psychological & spiritual - embodies the bone composition of the human skeleton, human DNA, the structure and dynamics of the E8xE8 heterotic superstring and the intervals between the notes of the seven diatonic scales used for hundreds of years in Church plainsong. He has also discovered the connection between the Tree of Life and the so-called "Lambda" used by Plato as a mathematical device in his cosmological treatise, Timaeus, as well as the connection between the Lambda and other sacred geometries. In a major contribution to Kabbalah, this physicist has discovered that the traditional Tree of Life is but the 'outer' form of a mathematical object that has a hidden, 'inner' form with astounding and beautiful properties, among which is its DNA-like encoding of how the Tree of Life replicates itself to generate what he calls the "Cosmic Tree of Life" - the mathematical map of all levels of reality. He finds that analogous sections of this map encode the structure and unified dynamics of superstrings.

His website is:

smphillips.8m.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:55 AM
link   
I like the fact that you were thinking outside the box, but I'm not so sure the tree of life and the tree of knowledge are actual "trees". I think the fruits bore from those trees were used as metaphorical terms for our soul and consciousness. The pineal gland has been credited for producing out of body experiences and contact with beings from other worlds, dimensions, and universes. A gateway of sorts for astral travel. I think whatever told you to look up the moriche palm was trying to steer you in the right direction. I don't think the moriche and the pineal gland were associated with each other by accident. So the moriche represents the pineal gland which represents the soul, and the fig fruit represents the human brain which represents consciousness. So the real question is what produced this altered state of consciousness when Adam and Eve "ate" from the tree of knowledge and what could alter our soul in the same way? I don't think there is enough information in Genesis to deduce what object could possibly cause such radical changes within the human body. At least none that I know of at this time. So my question is what are the "trees" really?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:28 AM
link   
it is the pineal gland you are looking at representations of... if is a common theme in mythology and for good reason to.
It is you third eye or the seat of the soul..

kx

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:37 AM
link   
reply to post by micpsi

Absolutely correct. The tree of live derives from the "flower" and "seed" of life

Here is a decent link to check it out further. There are also some other really interesting overlays represented on this site.

www.world-mysteries.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/eba4792fac62.gif[/atsimg]

Is it just metaphor or esoteric symbolism? Yes and no, There is a lot of deep symbolism but one of the reasons it is called the Flower of Life is because...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/34930389046c.gif[/atsimg]

within the Flower of Life are found the geometries of the Platonic Solids : (Icosahedron, Octohedron, Star Tetrahedron, Cube (Hexahedron), and Dodecahedron,) These are literally the geometries that make it possible for the physical world to exist in form.

edit on 23-1-2011 by coyotepoet because: Adding more sacred geometry info

edit on 23-1-2011 by coyotepoet because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:20 AM
link   
And, here's another thing to think about in terms of Sacred Geometry and "God" or the existence of life:

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3303e28cb5e4.jpg[/atsimg]

It's funny that religions fight over whose God is the right one, when the evidence echoed in the multiple instances of Alpha and Omega in multiple cultures/religions name for God shows that the core idea comes from the same sacred geometries.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   

Originally posted by Accel
reply to post by siak91188

IS THIS WHY BUSH AND ALL THESE ELITES ARE BUYING LAND IN PARAGUAY AND SOUTH AMERICA???!! HOLY F$%& IT IS!!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   
reply to post by teotwawki77

I read something about it being on a pure water table too (or was that seen?) I think there was something about that on Ventura's "Conspiracy Theory" on water. But the Nazi's in SA would be fitting for the Bushes too.
edit on 23-1-2011 by coyotepoet because: last sentence

new topics

top topics

join