It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Close resembelence to face on Mars... In Aruba???

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:27 PM
link   
A picture taken of it, in a cave, in Aruba....Could it be? From the same artist? or just a trick on the eye?

Discovery News.... with article..

news.discovery.com...=msn1

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   
It could be a descendant from the Mars face......with some "Elephant Man" DNA thrown in! Seriously..there is barely a trace of a face there.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by DisturbedToo

If you look real hard, its there
.... whats that called, i cant remember?... i think its just a rock...

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   
Actually, it does bear a striking resemblance to how the face on Mars really looks. I say, if we can call the rock on Mars a face, then we should also be able to call this rock in Aruba a face. I also have some gravel stuck in one of my shoes that looks like a face, which, in about 6 minutes, will be on eBay...

Now, the points made by the woman who wrote that Face in Aruba article...I have to say, they are a fair assessment of our perceptions of abstract things. I'm just glad she doesn't really think it's a face. It might just as easily be the Virgin Mary.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:11 PM
link   
The way the light hits the rock in the photo casting a shadow and natural wearing offer a prime explanation.

We bumped over the dirt road in our rented Kia, then hiked into several collections of caves where a few thousand years ago, Arawak Indians dwelled. There, the Arawak left handprints and drawings in some of the chambers, using a red ink made from the stems of native plants. Unfortunately, no one knows what they meant to say, since that particular Arawak language has never been translated.

Given the examples of decorative art found on the cave walls painted in pigments, would it not occur to anyone that any relief carving would be of a similar style and quality, which is not demonstrated here.

The eye will see what the mind wants to see.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:14 AM
link   
I think its just rock, as for the mars face

www.thehiddenrecords.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
I think it is a common universal thing to do a self portrait out of all kinds of mediums. Rock being the most enduring.
Humans/ Humanoids/ Ets like art. Especially self portraits.
Here's an idea, I recently took my children to the beach, three types of sea gulls were sitting in three groups together as one group of three parts. My child scratches in the sand.... segregation, and then points an arrow to the sea gulls.
I think that who idea of naturally flocking together in your group but part of a larger group intriguing. How do the birds know what they look like, is that a born in the nest thing? I think drawing a picture of your self is a DNA thing.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:22 PM
link   
reply to post by frugal

Potential lion head found at famous and elegant Coso rock art canyons. This is the largest concentration of petroglyphs in North America. Coincidentally situated on China Lake Naval Weapons Test Station, near Ridgecrest, CA.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/71d728a2815c.jpg[/atsimg]

more views and info about geoglyphs and potential henge at ancientfuture.info
edit on 23-1-2011 by keyseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:31 PM
link   
reply to post by keyseeker

3D reconstruction of face on Mars looks somewhat like a Bird-Man with beak chin

Have you seen the 3D animation of the face on Mars? It's here
Trees, statues, faces, structures, and water on Mars!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:53 PM
link   
Mind telling me what the coincidental correlation is between this supposed "glyph/henge" site and the China Lake Naval Test Facility? I'm at a loss here.

As is widely known most of these Mars structures you keep indicating to are geological formations, and has been factually accounted for by NASA themselves.

As for

Being a "UFO SPACE PORT MARKER"

You're kidding right?

I just realized that it was your personal site too.. Don't you get tired of presenting hypothetical scenarios based on faceless, poorly percieved and factually INaccurate information? I know I would.

The thing I love most is that you're looking for comparisons to classical ancient architecture found here on earth created by some alien civilization. Wouldn't one suggest that for an advanced and far more ancient species they would build something a little more factually comprehensive? Something with good structure, good architecture, good materials?

Either you're insulting the crap out of "them", or you're wrong.. by mistaking geological features and straining the eye so hard that you begin to see what you want to see i'm going for the latter.

Which one is it?

edit on 24-1-2011 by plexus because: additional information added

EDIT: Thought I was finished, TREES ON MARS... COME ON MAN... don't you feel at least a bit stupid?

Umm.. Just an extra perspective on your "glyphs and possible henge"

I'll give you that the glyphs look fine, as long as carbon dating is able to date the patina left in the grooves of chiseling/etching.. a henge? Come on, we have examples of henges that pre date stonehenge by a thousand or two years. But you give us this piss poor example of water eroded geology? Give us this "monumental architecture" but then no native peoples with in the area to give credit to the theory?

Considering all you offer is a crap screenshot of Google Earth, i'm not even going to comment.

P.S. Blue links on a black background really makes it hard to read anything you're trying to convey on that site.

P.P.S. TREEES ON MARRRRSSSSS *smashes head into desk*
edit on 24-1-2011 by plexus because: additional information added

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:12 AM
link   
reply to post by plexus

Thanks for the critique, Plexus.

I'm a mom typing with a child tugging on my arm half the time. I recently encountered the perspective that malevolent child-abducting aliens have bases on the moon, and underground, and that they devastated prior civilizations on Mars, the Moon and elsewhere. So I have been looking into the matter. Have discovered some surprising things. I started out with an innocent study of rock art, but aerial photos showed censorship, underground bases, UFOs and other strange things. I don't intend to make a career out of pushing the matter; I guess we'll all find out in the next year or two how crazy these ideas are.

best wishes
edit on 26-1-2011 by keyseeker because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 12:50 PM
link   
Just rock. It's probably at the Guadirikiri or Fontein cave. I've been there a lot of times, and I've never heard of any face in the caves there.

posted on Nov, 6 2015 @ 05:16 PM
link   

originally posted by: CLPrime
Actually, it does bear a striking resemblance to how the face on Mars really looks.

You mean this?

(image from MRO's HiRISE camera, at 29.9 cm/pixel resolution)

Yeah, complete and utter resemblance.

top topics

join