It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The reality of underground bases

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   
reply to post by network dude

Why is a mountain a mountain? Because the dirt is stable. If it wasn't, the dirt (really rock) would have flowed (so to speak) to the valley around the mountain. So a mountain bunker is a reality. Underground bunkers are another story. Tunnels yes, large open structures underground ... probaby not.

You can't even dig a deep ditch without the risk of it caving in. Just ask a geologist about entering a soil study ditch. They often refuse without it being shored up.

In mining, they leave some material to act as a pillar. Those wooden supports in old mines are really a joke.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:37 PM
link   
reply to post by uscrusader

Can they be built surreptitiously? Sure under an urban center with 10 billion people, and just 1,000 feet deep too.

Do you have any documentary evidence to support the claim that Chicago's Waste Water system extends to depths of 1,000 feet below the surface?

I also hope you meant million, not billion. That would be a pretty big city.. Or are you taking into account the hordes of reptilian human hybrids that lurk in these supposed underground sites?

Seccond point to someone else, why link to some free patents website? I'd like to see the actual patent from the US patent office which is easily accessible.

Thanks

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:07 PM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

If/when TSHTF all you guys close to DIA should rush the place with guns and take over the facility..

IMHO a better Idea would be to seal them up from the outside and turn there little bunker into a prison and their grave, we can dig up all their tech and stuff after they're dead.

hmmm.. they might bore their way out so maybe some homemade gas/chem weapon,
going to ask uncle Fester and see what's available

also I see somebody's mentioned the tunnels under Chicago did you know that Manhattan island is solid stone and it's got 200 floors worth of underground?
edit on 23-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: added edit & additional comment

edit on 23-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: spellcheck

edit on 23-1-2011 by DerepentLEstranger because: again, spellcheck

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:12 PM
link   
The reality is they exist. End of story, nothing to see here, move along now.

This is the truth and for anyone that wants to see for themselves, spend 5 min online researching and you will be amazed at what you will find.

Here I will even point some in a direction...Look into Denver airport and the underground construction and facilities that are there.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
reply to post by Smell The Roses

Did you even bother to read through the thread so far? Actually, from reading your post I can tell you didn't

The majority of technical and intellectually sound evidence presented in this thread so far vastly outweighs the possibility that these places exist.

To come here and to tell people they are "just plain wrong" without any substantial proof is a joke in it's self.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
reply to post by plexus

Storm sewer systems are gravity fed. So you go down a thousand feet...and just where do you discharge the water? There are storm sewers that are pumped, but you have a mess on your hands. Menlo Park (CA) is one example. They have pumps with diesel backup since the storm system is beneath sea level.

Storm sewers have "clean out", so there must be some mighty deep manholes along the system. There are usually catch basins too, since you need to catch whatever silt gets into the system. You can't discharge the silt. Being a thousand feet down, just where is the catch basin.

Now you can dig transit tunnels underground. pNo gravity issues there.] I doubt there is any system a thousand feet down, though it would be an interesting google search to find the deepest subway system. A quick search shows St. Petersberg at 105 meters. Impressive engineering!

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:11 AM
link   
Waste water infrastructure is actually one of my specialties, i'm yet to find anywhere yet that has public infrastructure as deeply located as suggested.

See gariac, sometimes we do agree

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   
reply to post by gariac

I doubt there is any system a thousand feet down, though it would be an interesting google search to find the deepest subway system. A quick search shows St. Petersberg at 105 meters. Impressive engineering!

A thousand feet doesn't sound that far when you consider we have buildings taller than that..
I guess pressure would be an issue though...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:16 AM
link   
I read a book recently that lays out all the evidence. It's called "Hidden in Plain Sight". At this point, I didn't even think it was questioned anymore.

Link

edit on 24-1-2011 by GirlGenius because: link

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:28 AM
link   
yes you better believe there are underground bases all over the place. they are first called mines and they hire everyone necessary to set up the equipment and dig. then they run all those workers off and hire different ones to come in and build. they never tell anyone what it is for and they are so deep no one even knows exactly where they are relative to the surface. they could actually collapse the original entrance and create another one elsewhere and anyone that ever originally worked on it would be laughed at if they ever attempted to identify where it was.

only seismographic equipment knows where they are to be found and being built. you want to find out get yourself some equipment and set it up relevant to a suspected underground

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by plexus
Yeah, smoking some of that good sh*t.

Thanks for the overwhelmingly informative response.

edit on 23-1-2011 by plexus because: additional information added

No, I dont smoke.
DIA ruined my life. Thats all I can say..... BYE

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:05 AM
link   
Ok i have seen more then 2 but 2 large ones the Mt Weather and the relocation in Pen.

been at them both did not go in but know they go under ground and know they can hold over 1000 people vague sorry but they are 100% real how large and how deep would be cool to know.

small one Miami area hell the NSA has 12 acres of underground computers wow huh

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:10 AM
link   
reply to post by backinblack

The deepest tunnel I can find on the NTS documentation is 450meters. However, I never said you can't have a deep tunnel. Of course, when you are going to set off a nuke, you want the tunnel pretty deep. It's those big underground bases that are dubious at best.

Now underneath some structure, you can certainly go deep. There would be no heavy mass of dirt to hold back. But stuff like Dulce is just pure bunk.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 01:27 AM
link   
reply to post by zoso28

Based on your reasoning, the government is unable to construct anything secretly and nondisclosure agreements are apparently never followed by those who sign them, regardless of the jail time that would result if they were broken. Your argument falls flat.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:03 AM
link   
reply to post by teotwawki77

that IS an odd location for an airport. i'd like to check that out one day. it's not too far from savannah as well, where's jekyll island isnt too far either(can't say their connected in any way.) i'll have to ask a friend about that park you showed, as he's from the area.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 02:57 AM
link   
Another "too lazy to use google" or ATS site search before authoring.
..this is really.. & truly..

amazing..

b
edit on 24-1-2011 by Bspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 03:34 AM
link   
Can't believe "tunnel boring machines" are such a sci-fi concept for people... en.wikipedia.org...

Here's a pic of a big one.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 04:21 AM
link   
reply to post by zoso28

It's called decorum, people.

Well maybe you could've tried using some of that so called "decorum" in the opening post, apparently a Google search is too hard for you.

www.bibliotecapleyades.net...
www.crystalinks.com...
www.ufos-aliens.co.uk...
www.anomalies-unlimited.com...

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:00 AM
link   
reply to post by ahmonrarh

Yea the place is a wilflife refuge now but there is all kinds off stuff underground the locals have always had questions about what realy went on there. After the war they buried all of the old tractors or pushed them into the river. maps.google.com...,-81.26441&sp n=0.028791,0.076904&t=h&z=14

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 06:23 AM
link   
reply to post by Nebulous1973

Um, proving a double negative is logically impossible.

Ugggggghh, say the zombies! Next.

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6  7 >>

join