It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The best stupid explanation for mass animal deaths yet?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:15 PM
link   
I live in Sweden and MSM over here did recently report about mass fish death in Kjerringfjorden in Norway on tuesday the 18th of january.
Now we all heard about the usual stupid explanations like fireworks etc, but this one is surely up there among the best stupid official explanations of mass animal deaths.
They actually say that there were too many fish in a concentrated area of the fjord, so THEY USED UP ALL THE OXYGEN IN THE WATER AND DIED FROM HYPOXIA.
Something similar apparently happened this summer, but the hypoxia explanation seemed a little more trustworthy back then, since there were lots of algae in the water at that time (algae consume oxygen as well).
Also on the mass fish deaths in Mississippi river (Bayou Chaland of Plaquemines Parish) back in september last year, officials used hypoxia as the explanation. That also seemed somewhat trustworthy in the light of the BP oil spill just earlier in that very region.

Do you fellow ATS members know if it's even possible for fish to crowd together that tightly and stay that crowded until they used up all the oxygen and eventually die?
Is this common, cause I sure never heard of it before I started to dig about it?

Link to source (in swedish): www.metro.se...

Google translation of source article:
"Hypoxia caused fish death in Kjerringfjorden in Vest-Finnmark on Tuesday, shows samples. Large quantities of fish have come into the fjord, and simply consumed the oxygen.

- On his way into the fjord is a lot that is very shallow and almost off the fjord. This makes the water flow is very poor and when the big fish the amount received on the inside of the threshold has finally exhausted all the oxygen, "said port captain Jens Petter Mathisen, Alta."

Link to source about mississippi river fish deaths: scienceray.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:22 PM
link   
their was an msn video that shows that the birds are poisoned by the feds

www.msnbc.msn.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
I think the most stupid explanation for the mass animal die-offs is that they are anything other than normal. We just now live in a world connected within seconds so the news gets around. This type of thing happens all the time. Just as there are hoards of animals, there will be die-offs. Whether it's lemmings, mice, rabbits, bats, Canada goose, crabs, spiders, ants, cockroaches, or locust...it's just the other side of a coin older than our information age has been around to announce it.

Hypoxia in fish is a reality. It's a delicate balance. Too many fish in a pool without good air/water exchange means they will deplete oxygen. It's a known phenomena. Really.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
so the fish or whatever sucked up all the oxygen from the water? Nice, I think that beats out the theory that the water was so cold the fish died from hypothermia.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
Here in the US, they said the birds were startled, and flew into the side of a truck.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:37 AM
link   
An invisible UFO flying into the path of a flock of birds is one of the far out suggestions for the bird deaths. As for Hypoxia, it does happen but it is not a sudden progression that kills all the fish in a short period of time. Here in Australia with the drought and Murry river there are times when the water level gets low and fish die off happen. This does not affect all the fish as some of the stronger ones remain and quickly burst back into life once the fresh water is allowed to flow. It sounds more like poisoning to get large unexpected and sudden die offs. All this cover up stinks bad, there should be some hard questions going around.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:47 AM
link   
If it's a moving body of water with a even a small flowing current like in a river, I wouldn't think this would be the case as th water gets oxygenated through the surface disturbance. Small bodies of still water with little plant life then, yes.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
The question is, are those events common, but only reported in the wake of flocks of birds falling from the sky, or are they out of place?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:59 AM
link   
dont worry about anything in live dude..we have xobx, internet, alcohol, drugs, TV, Movie, mc donalds

and we have EXPERTS!!!!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/8c83802258f7.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d308300e8dca.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/d672c332b773.jpg[/atsimg]

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/fd0de5ca732b.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
reply to post by heineken

Best Ever Post!!! You have hit right at the heart of the problem. All of the "It's because we are so instantly informed" "It's the internet" and "It's the media hype" crap is a load of baloney. We have had the internet for decades, we have been instantly informed of every little happening around the world for years, and the MSM is virtually ignoring the mass die-offs.

Those who claim it's "normal die-offs" need to get a clue, and fast. There HAVE always been die-offs, and we have always known about them. There have NEVER been this many mass die-offs in a short period, ever.

NOT ONE PIECE OF EVIDENCE SHOWING PROOF OF THIS MANY MASS DIE-OFFS IN THIS SHORT A PERIOD HAS BEEN PRODUCED SO FAR> Not one.

Someone show me the proof that this number of events has happened in an 10 week period ever before, because there is ample evidence that IS happening now. Those records don't exist, as far as I can find. And I HAVE looked.I wanna believe it is just normal.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:23 PM
link   

Originally posted by jennybee35

Best Ever Post!!! You have hit right at the heart of the problem. All of the "It's because we are so instantly informed" "It's the internet" and "It's the media hype" crap is a load of baloney. We have had the internet for decades, we have been instantly informed of every little happening around the world for years, and the MSM is virtually ignoring the mass die-offs.

Those who claim it's "normal die-offs" need to get a clue, and fast. There HAVE always been die-offs, and we have always known about them. There have NEVER been this many mass die-offs in a short period, ever.

NOT ONE PIECE OF EVIDENCE SHOWING PROOF OF THIS MANY MASS DIE-OFFS IN THIS SHORT A PERIOD HAS BEEN PRODUCED SO FAR> Not one.

Someone show me the proof that this number of events has happened in an 10 week period ever before, because there is ample evidence that IS happening now. Those records don't exist, as far as I can find. And I HAVE looked.I wanna believe it is just normal.

+1

did the die offs stopped? are they are not being published anymore?...if they stopped maybe we can discover what caused it

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:41 PM
link   

This thread by ReginaAdonnaAaron has all the latest updates on not just animal deaths, but any type of plague or illness around the world. She has been very diligent about keeping it updated. There are several new animal die-offs she has listed.

Update thread

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 07:57 AM
link   
reply to post by jennybee35

That's a great thread there - alot of info. Thanks for the link to it. It seems the animal dieoffs still continue. Couldn't find any extraordinary stupid explanation tho.
I sure hope it stops soon, it's getting me all worried. So many dead animals in such a short time and yet so many different explanations for them all.
Makes me wonder if someone wants to hide the real cause and that they are in fact all connected somehow.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:04 AM
link   
reply to post by Tollon

Its funny you ask this question. I was watching TV last night about dolphins and how they corral anchovies into huge groups close to the surface of the water. after a while, the anchovies start suffering from hypoxia and become weak and the doplhins are able to feed off the more easily.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   
reply to post by Alchemst7

That doesn't surprise me at all - dolphins are very smart animals!
I watched a documentary some months ago that showed dolphins stirring up bottom mud with their tails in shallow waters in a circle around a school of fish. That "mudwall" made the fish think they were trapped because they couldn't see any way to swim around it.
Too stupid to realize they could in fact swim right through it they then jumped over the mudwalls and right into the mouths of the dolphins waiting outside the mudcircle.

With that said, I still wonder if fish have no natural survival instinct that tells them that they are about to die from hypoxia and that the smart thing to survive would be to swim away when they feel it coming?
It's just too weird that they all just wait around and slowly die if they get into shallow waters like that.
I'd like to think that fish in general are a little smarter than that (even if they are nowhere near the dolphins regarding intelligence)...

top topics

join