It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Phone tapping.

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 03:10 PM
link   
I have read numerous remarks and replies on this subject here on the web site. I noticed that the majority of the questions are about the government. My question is not concerning the gov however. I am curious as to whether or not specific individuals can tap your lines. I bartend, and a lady who comes in is dating a married man. She said that this man's wife knows about their affair, yet refuses to leave. Well recently, she was telling me that when she calls him, her phone clicks. She also stated that this only happens when she calls his number, not anyone else. She said that she thinks that his wife may have tapped her phone. I told her I don't know anything about phone tapping, or any other type of spying stuff. I did tell her I would try to get some answers for her, and I also told her that maybe she should just stop seeing a married man(to no avail.. she "loves" him). So here is my question... Is it possible for this guy's wife to have had this other lady's phone tapped to trigger only when she calls his number? Any info would be appreciated!!

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 04:16 PM
link   
try this site
www.phone-tapping.net...

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Yes, basically any PI can tap a line (maybe it's not illegal if one person in the household consents - which would be the case here).

These do tend to be the cheap tapping devices and they do cause clicks. Meanwhile, anyone else who suspects their phone is tapped by a higher authority, if it's legit, you won't know it. If it is something you are detecting then it is some local hack - totally illegal but I know it still goes on. And no one will help you because they will tell you it can't be happening becaue it would be illegal - hello?????

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Actually its possible a friend of mine bought a small machine that is hooked into the phone line and records the conversations, due to the fact that her husband was cheating on her. I've often thought mine was tapped due to the fact that on the second ring you can always hear what sounds like an almost indistingishable click always on the second ring. It happens when I call someone else and when they call here.

posted on Jul, 12 2004 @ 05:04 PM
link   
GSM phones can be tapped in a very complicated form, but it is very hard to do so, and needs special equipment. The government forces can tap any phone legally and all phones must have the capability to be tapped.

new topics

top topics

join