It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Things they refuse to teach in america

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by miracleretiree

I see a lot of people on this thread (well, as many that responded) who are stating this information should be common sense. I for one agree with the OP and I will tell you why.

In the Southern United States most "men" (read: young dumb and full of c*m man/boys) are not notified about alimony or child support their entire lives and instead are thrust into relationships to get them hitched and fully integrated into the alimony/child support system by the time they are 18. I do not exagerrate or over state when I say that most of the "men" do this willingly thinking this will be their stake of "independence" from their families and show how much "of a man" they are.

They do this with the full support of their mothers, grandmothers because they have been brain entrained since birth that getting married and making babies is what it's all about. They do this with the full support of males in the south because it is now almost looked on as a right of passage to get your first divorce and spend the little off time you get drinking and complaining about working a hard life to have nothing to show for it except alimony/child support payments (MYSERY LOVES COMPANY).

I was fortunate enough to see through the veil and avoid these scams, and I tell as many men who want to listen about them.....hell I have a co-worker who is almost 40 paying alimony and child support living in a no bedroom efficiancy apartment all because his wife "didn't like "fu***ng him" anymore. When I explained how the system works his exact words were "Man, I wish you had told me that 25 years ago." NO ONE IS TELLING YOUNG MEN BECAUSE THE SYSTEM IS DESIGNED TO KEEP THE SYSTEM GOING. Get the word out that you can have a happy life without buying into this sytem. PS There are plenty of cattle giving the milk away for free guys....no need to buy the heifer.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   

ETA: about 90% of the above mentioned could be avoided with a bit of common sense,

Or a condom or birth control pills.

Now, in the event of being married for years, having the kid, then the split...well, that's life. Personally, I learned all of what you posted watching sitcoms while growing up. It made me be damned sure before I got married. I think a lot of it would be solved if people waited until their 30's to get married...so they know what they want.

I don't have kids because I know I can't afford them. Simple as that. I don't know how anyone does these days. It's even silly for the wife to work if you have a kid, because most of the money from it would be to pay child daycare for while she's working!

It'd be nice someday, but the clock is ticking, and while we get by and have fun too, we don't have the kind of dough we'd need to really raise a kid the way we'd want right now. If it never happened, it wouldn't be too terribly bad (and my wife's health may prevent it anyhow).

My friends all have kids though, so at least I get my daddy kicks that way. We like watching them for friends, and giving them date nights, etc. We're like an aunt or uncle to them, and have known most of them since they were born.

<< 1   >>

join