It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting down a UFO?

page: 8
<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:25 PM
link   
reply to post by SurReality

What is stupid is this reply of yours. Since your reply, I printed it out, put it in a coffee can with an M80 and blew it up. That's how stupid that was.

Seriously, you are right. Makes me think of some hillbilly, and I am not really attacking hillbillies here, that might have the following conversation:

HB1: What is it.
HB2: I don't know a plane or something.
HB1: That ain't no plane or something, that's one of them UFO's.
HB2: Well, Shoot it. Shoot it, Skeeter.

Unfortunately, I think this is the same mentality that our armed forces have. I could provide that dialog, but it is essentially the same.
edit on 23-1-2011 by alyoshablue because: Typo

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:48 PM
link   
Hey guys, a little less of the blazing guns! Has anyone here ever been even scratched by an alien? I would indeed like to see a thread where all those that have been hurt in any way can let us know about it. I'm sure it would stretch to many many pages...

Way too many science fiction scenarios, and maybe a good idea to put ourselves into the mindset of pre-tv times. If they wanted us dead then we would be, don't you think?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:03 PM
link   
reply to post by SlovenlyGhost

Yes I would. And I would use the Will Smith method.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlovenlyGhost
reply to post by TheFlash

I don't.That's why I'm asking if someone has tried to shoot one down

No, actually you asked "Why hasn't anyone tried to shoot down a UFO yet?"

The premise of the question is that no one has done so before and you are inquiring as to the reason for that.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   
That and why doesn't anyone get in a plane and.get a close.up.of a plane dispensing chemtrails?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   
I am just going to throw this out there. Perhaps why no one has shot one down, may be due to the fact that they perhaps have sensors that allow them to detect a hostile missile or something else being fired at them due to their advanced technology, and not to mention the speeds they can attain. Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
think where do they make there crafts at? where do they live? how are they so advanced?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:59 PM
link   
reply to post by TrueBrit

Not only have our jets been shot down by ufos, they have also disappeared from radar when chasing after a ufo.

On November 23, 1953, First Lieutenant Felix Moncla and Second Lieutenant and their F-89C Scorpion disappeared over Lake Superior while pursuing an object that had appeared on radar. His jet had been scrambled from Kinross Air Force Base after Air Defense Command radar operators had spotted an unusal object on radar over the Soo Locks on the Michigan end of Lake Superior. After they had started to close in on the object, the two blips on the radar screen merged and the aircraft had vanished without a trace.

There have been reports of parts of the plane being found on the eastern shore of Superior. However, the United States Air Force neither confirmed or denied that these parts were from the F-89C Scorpion that disappeared. Even though the Royal Canadian Air Force and the Canadian government say that they have no record of a plane going down over Lake Superior on that day. Now speculation does suggest that the parts that were found were indeed from the aircraft that Moncla and his co-pilot were in when they disappeared.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   
Apparently many of our intrepid members have gotten so lazy that they have begrudgingly forgotten that with a mere search on the internet, they can turn up valuable information on whether or not UFO's have been fired upon. (Obviously my sarcasm in this post does not apply to those that have genuinely supplied some good information on the subject).

As mentioned by many, we have on record the Battle of L.A. (also to be a soon released Movie which I doubt will follow the actual events). Amazingly, from the wondrous mouse attached to that thingy they call a computer, connected to something they call the Internet, by means of a search-string that one may 'Google' at.. You'll pull up a myriad of dates and records from a few brave pilots (that were following orders), to "shoot one down".

Because that may be to work extensive for many of the Generation YouTubers to handle, let me assist you in getting started. There have been a number of books written on the subject. Yes I said BOOKS, that would be the marvelous item people used before there were Computers, TV, radio and ipads, believe or not, they still exist!

UFOs: Generals, Pilots and Government Officials Go On the Record by Leslie Kean

UFOs and the National Security State: Chronology of a Coverup, 1941-1973 by Richard Dolan

Shoot Them Down! - The Flying Saucer Air Wars Of 1952 by Stanton Friedman

And since many of you probably will never pick up a 'book', here are a few 'instances' you should search for.

* 18 September 1976, Parviz Jafari - who later retired as a general in the Iranian Air Force - attempted to shoot down a UFO with an air-to-air missile.

* 11 April 1980, Oscar Alfonso Santa Maria Huertas, a pilot with the Peruvian Air Force, was scrambled to intercept a spherical UFO hovering in restricted military airspace.

* May 1957, Milton Torres was authorized to fire and he eventually selected 24 rockets to launch at the object.

There are a number of other accounts (what? You expected me to just lay them all out for you..? )
Deny Ignorance

Johnny

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by inven104u2
I am just going to throw this out there. Perhaps why no one has shot one down, may be due to the fact that they perhaps have sensors that allow them to detect a hostile missile or something else being fired at them due to their advanced technology, and not to mention the speeds they can attain. Just a thought.

Or maybe they are just so stunned and shell shocked that the thought never penetrates their brain as they stair mesmerizingly at the craft????

Oh wait, that's just what they do in movies.....my bad!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlovenlyGhost
reply to post by karen61057

Well to steal their technology and experiment on them of course,why else??hallooo?

You're trollin', right?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
reply to post by SlovenlyGhost

We have and we do ...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:48 PM
link   
we don't even know if the aliens believe in God !

can you imagine what kind of beings these will be then and with all that technology !

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:06 PM
link   
reply to post by JohnnyAnonymous

Why couldn't you be that funny on the radio show?

Thanks for the info,though,and to the members.I've got a lot of research to do.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:23 PM
link   
I just finished watching the movie "Stupidity" hosted here on ATS and lo-n-behold, I finish the movie and see this on the home page.

As Johnny Anon demonstrated and the movie Stupidity highlighted ..too much technology available which contributes to this lazy mentality..
It would have taken 10 seconds to search for "UFO SHOT DOWN"

This forum has been shot down by mindless posts.... much less UFOs

b
edit on 23-1-2011 by Bspiracy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:29 PM
link   
reply to post by Bspiracy

And hey...I made a thread an got to be one the homepage.
Don't be hatin,son.

Search function is for sissies.Made a thread like a man...even put in a little effort.Don't see what's so wrong with asking a question to the members of ATS.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

.......and I am wondering for about halfa second why are you on here Bspiracy? Other than being some jaded 40 something. What was the point of your comment? You watched a video and you became enlightened and superior. Well enjoy.your self when you get back from enjoying yourself in the bathroom.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirjunlegun

.......and I am wondering for about halfa second why are you on here Bspiracy? Other than being some jaded 40 something. What was the point of your comment? You watched a video and you became enlightened and superior. Well enjoy.your self when you get back from enjoying yourself in the bathroom.

It has nothing to do with being enlightened after watching the movie or being jaded. It was merely a coincidence that the premise of the movie hosted here is to teach people like the OP to stop being lazy.

My point was to highlight the willful ignorance of a post. Which is a willful waste of peoples time.

Of course if you want to visit a forum where people post any blathering thought then you're in luck. ATS is headed that way fast.

b

edit on 23-1-2011 by Bspiracy because: it's cute the two willful ignorants above are starring each other

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
Well, if a micro-meteor moving at 100.000 feet per second is a common occurance in space then I doubt a human 3000 FPS bullet is gonna cut it.

Perhaps their probes and scouts aren't made for space travel but they are still tough enough to withstand high-speed travel.

I'm sure the military has found an efficient method of shooting UFO's down.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:02 PM
link   

Calm down b.The world isn't ending...not yet.You've made your point.I get it as it was so articulately pointed out by Johnny that I could of just searched for this information.I don't control where people post or what grabs their attention.Calling it waste of time is stupid of u because I'm actually wasting yours now.Just got two posts from you on my 'ridiculous' thread.I'm just that good.Master time waster if u will.

Have smoke and chill out.

If you have something constructive to add to my thread your welcome but if not U can rant about it in the rant forum.
edit on 11/09/2010 by SlovenlyGhost because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 5  6  7    9  10  11 >>

join