It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting down a UFO?

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by mdnw2009
reply to post by SlovenlyGhost

What makes you think its our earth?

That is an excellent question!

I like to uncover unspoken premises, and you've hit a biggie w/ that question! Good job (S!).

I don't know how Slovenly would answer that, and I could argue both sides. We're just passing through as well... in a chronological sort of way, and inasmuch we can't actually "own" anything... then alternatively, while we're not owning it (making it ours), while we're here were in possession of it (and by default could be stated as "ours").

Good thinking on that sir!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:18 PM
link   
honestly why is this thread trending really?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   
How do you know they haven't shot down a UFO?Do you think they would tell you?

Would you shoot at a UFO not knowing what kind of weapons they have?Reminds me of a part in Mars Attacks where we shoot the nuclear bomb at the martians and they suck it up like it's helium and laugh at us.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlovenlyGhost
They keep flying around in OUR airspace and no one has thought of firing on them.Well I have been debating this with a few of my friends from ATS and apparently shooting a UFO might start an interstellar war.

I don't really like to post here. I just like to read, but I just had to comment in this.

Although off-topic and probably unrelated, but how dare you say "OUR" airspace. Since when is the airspace/space/earth/atmosphere or whatever, 'ours'? We, humans, are only living off our host, the Earth, and nothing belongs to us.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
reply to post by ajniss

I honestly think people are flagging the stupid threads to hide the real ones..no offense OP but I just don't understand the purpose of this thread.

Just like the Roswell witness or the guy who said he had documents of aliens existence.

Unless a ufo was attacking you why would you shoot at it?Could start a war!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
Aaaaaaaa, shoot'em down. Besides they probably owe us back taxes for using our air space.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
reply to post by GodIsPissed

Whoah Whoah calm down.No need hating my thread.Was just asking question.

For all you haters! Don't think ya be wanting any trouble now do ya?!

Ya digggg

The slov

edit on 11/09/2010 by SlovenlyGhost because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   

Originally posted by MortlitantiFMMJ

Originally posted by Erno86
For now, the violent act, on destroying an other-worldly interstellar craft that was causing no provocation; would in my opinion be a highly immoral act.

Surely violating our airspace could be considered a violent act

Yes, but who has the upper hand here?
And do we want to piss-off, a highly advanced, peaceful civilization, by threatening them with force?

Homie don't think so.

Erno
edit on 23-1-2011 by Erno86 because: added a word

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by sakokrap

As for mdnw2009's question. I'm not sure what makes it our earth. Guess I was just assuming seeing as we live on it.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   
reply to post by Erno86

Probably not, but if we sent an airplane flying into some alien planet airspace, they'd be within their rights to shoot at it, sure you wouldn't know what it was going to do

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   

What a waste of a thread.
Posting drivel like what you have done here, is just a joke.

P.S.
You better hope that the aliens can't be shot down with imagination because you'll be unarmed for your dreaded "Alien Apocalypse"...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

The head would have to be quite dense. May work.

I tell you what would be a fun idea ... all those people that say they have been to Area 51 and have witnessed a "surprise" helicopter come out of no where and present itself, I think it would be interesting if someone in the group had a rocket launcher and by "surprise" presented it to them. But, that is just silly talk.

Now, onto something more realistic. I have been living in my parent's basement, collecting Cheetos UPC clippings and working on a potion that would give me powers like the Evil Terminator in the Terminator 2 movie. When I am successful, which is any day now, I will share this with the ATS crowd. Perhaps then, we can revisit this talk of shooting down a UFO.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:36 PM
link   
As for everyone else.I understand resorting to violence isn't always the answer.But I was sure someone would have tried shooting down a UFO by now.

As for my own reasons for shooting at a ufo...well...just cause I'm curious.Governments that have shot at them won't release any info on them so why not go do it yourself.Maybe I should start a thread asking if anyone has asked or tried to flag down a ufo to come land on earth??

So far they haven't really communicated with us...so how can we be sure what their agenda is?

Anyz,don't go shooting at random flying objects because so far we've seen we can't really be sure how they'll respond.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:40 PM
link   
reply to post by alyoshablue

Ah,super powers. Might just work.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   

Man, may I recommend some trigger time, at the local gun range on non living targets.

edit on 23-1-2011 by Erno86 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:47 PM
link   
No! Never!

This is dumb.

It'd just show how stupid and destructive we are.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
in 1942 we tried to shoot a huge one down

www.rense.com...
en.wikipedia.org...
edit on 23-1-2011 by conar because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   

An interesting question. If what has been seen in our atmosphere are ufos and the performance characteristics they have exhibited (high speed right angle turns, tremendous accelleration, etc.), what would we have that could even come close to bringing one down?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:02 PM
link   
reply to post by shooshtime

That's not what I heard. I read somewhere that Sage Radar can bring on down, and it has already been done this way. I forget where I read that, having read so many books.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   

Originally posted by MortlitantiFMMJ
reply to post by Erno86

Probably not, but if we sent an airplane flying into some alien planet airspace, they'd be within their rights to shoot at it, sure you wouldn't know what it was going to do

Yes, you are probably right. The answer, is that for many year's the peaceful or non-peaceful invasion of these space aliens, in there other worldly craft has already begun.
I believe that the U.S. government, has thrown up it's hands in utter puzzlement about the whole ET, UFO flap.
This is a serious mis-management of government; and I urge all civilized peoples too arm themselves to the hilt.
The U.S. is hiding there heads in the sand about the whole UFO affair. And I urge the the Obama Administration for full ET disclosure!!!
edit on 23-1-2011 by Erno86 because: spelling

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join