It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting down a UFO?

page: 6
<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:22 PM
link   
battle of LA

we shot at one for ages...

aliens laugh at our puny weapons.

(battle of LA is a movie coming up that is based on a real event btw...its difficult now to come up with the proper research via google as its now saturated with the movie footage and such)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:26 PM
link   
During the Belgian sighting in 1990, the Belgian government scrambled fighter jets to intercept them, which apparently got a radar lock, but could only hold it for a few seconds before the object would speed off again

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by SlovenlyGhost

I didn't see this mentioned on the first page, but I would be shocked if it hadn't been mentioned yet. Look up the "Battle of Los Angeles".

EDIT:
reply to post by SaturnFX

battle of LA

edit on 23-1-2011 by WhizPhiz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

This is the stupidest thread I've ever seen. People like you, trying to kill anything you don't understand, are the reason there is so much war on this planet. One day you dumb asses are going to get yourselves killed, and most likely will take the rest of this planet with you.

The amount of stupid on this forum will never cease to amaze me.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:36 PM
link   

The Battle of LA was already cited, I have seen some gun camera footage released by a SA country, and I can think of the strange light that twirled around some rocket before a light from the oddity blew up the rocket...

I have read in abduction cases about being in armor when there was a weapon at hand for the abductee.

In both regards, it seems to me that if a UFO runs away, it has an exploitable weakness. One can make the claim they aren't trying to get any attention, but what would a Raptor pilot do after hammering his load on it, and the object continued about its business nonetheless. Maybe individually, modern fighters are unable to bring it down, like a honey bee against you, but a whole swarm of bees can sure make your life rough.

Alleged occupants of UFOs do seem, according to witness testimony, to be subject to kinetic energy exchanges.

Unfortunately, many locales have statutes, codes and even in some cases a law or two against firing a weapon into the air. Therefore, there are likely fewer cases of UFOs subjected to ground fire.

I can think of the mysterious case of Mr. Todd Sees, who was armed out hunting and disappeared. Parts of his body were found high in some trees. Interesting case- www.nuforc.org...

Me personally, I do have a standing order to be armed with both a long gun and a video camera if I ever chance to see an Onvi. Depending upon the behavior of the object is whichever one I will choose to watch it with

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by sakokrap

The Battle of LA was already cited,

Thanks, ya...I did the forbidden read page 1 then respond thing.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
I'd probably try to use an EMP device assuming they use have any electronics on board.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:44 PM
link   

What makes you think its our earth?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

I think I'd inundate the atmosphere with aluminium and barium dust and the set up a resonating electromagnetic pulse using HAARP. That restricts their ability to open portals and knocks out their cloaking device. Doesn't damage them but makes life difficult.
reply to post by Thoriumisbest

lol i assume you meant it but the chemtrails right? the studies actually show very high amounts of those two elements isn't that what everyone else read?

so is this suggestion of yours really valid to vs the aliens?
edit on 23-1-2011 by gam3pr0 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
I would imagine it's because modern firearms and explosives VS XT technology would be like bambi vs godzilla. They're suppose to be more advanced than us. Right?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
Like the Monty Python movie, fire a diseased cow from a big catapult at the UFO.

There may be enough bacteria to stick to the skin that would cause an infection

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:53 PM
link   
reply to post by SaturnFX

I only read the OP then went back through the topic to see others peoples opinions on this parts of the original post which opened this topic and ended with this.

What weapon would you use?

not caring if my response was original or not, or if someone has already said it...

there are different inputs to ask of the posters at the ending usually (or the opening) of each topic.

there is no guilt in this case reading past the OP then going back to page 1 to reread... it was at the top of my screen when I logged back in today.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

The 1976 Tehran UFO Incident was a radar and visual sighting of an unidentified flying object (UFO) over Tehran, the capital of Iran, during the early morning hours of 19 September 1976. The incident is particularly notable for the electromagnetic interference effects observed upon aircraft coming within close proximity to the object: two F-4 Phantom II jet interceptors independently lost instrumentation and communications as they approached, only to have them restored upon withdrawal; one of the aircraft suffered temporary weapons systems failure, while preparing to open fire.

(wikipedia.org/1976TehranUFOincident)

Best of luck.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
reply to post by templar knight

I got an idea. Better yet try using a big giant loudspeaker that doubles as a sound-cannon. And connect an iPod to it that's got Justin Bieber on it.

Although maybe that would just piss them off more.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
Maybe they already did in '47.
You never know.

In its stupidity the question is interesting in this scenario: the alien craft keep flying in our atmosphere for decades leaving nothing but radar blimps, our world is destroying and we need new technology... would we do it? They'd probably kill us like we'd kill an animal that went berzerk tho.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:05 PM
link   
"Why haven't they attempted to shoot down UFO's?"

I would like to disagree with the 'expectation' in your question... but I can not. Allow me to explain why:

We encounter a new species, a new location or a new anything really and what we should do according to the logic of nature is to admire, protect it and co-exist with it.

The sad truth

We attempt to capture it, abuse it and eventually destroy it...

"They paved paradise and they put up a parking lot...." - Big Yellow Taxi - Joni Mitchell

Those lyrics couldn't be more true and truly hit home for people with enough intelligence to care.

Which leads me back to your question... Through my own expectations of the human race... "Why... Why have we not yet attempted to destroy these UFO's witnessed in sightings..."

Which in itself aids as evidence to them not existing at all.. If they did, we would have already attempted to destroy them.

Mike.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   
The question is just dumb, how do you know we haven't tried? Fighter pilots have engaged UFO's in the past, this site is dedicated to bringing out the truth. Please make an effort to ask a bettter question.

link   
That is precisely the reason they probably haven't revealed themselves to us or don't intend to, the way our people think is to attack and to wage war. Until we learn to live peacefully among each other honestly maybe the human race doesn't deserve to meet intergalactic visitors. NOT EVERYONE OF COURSE.. But the majority of people have selfish intentions...

link   
For now, the violent act, on destroying an other-worldly interstellar craft that was causing no provocation; would in my opinion be a highly immoral act.
But if came down to: us versus them, we probably would need a weapon, that is not even in our arsenal yet.
Here are a couple of my examples:
1. For a UFO, that has landed on the face of our Earth: Get all the ET's drunk on Bud Light. And while they are all passed out, drop a 20,000 mph, 500 foot diameter iron-nickel asteroid, directly on top of the UFO.
2. A high speed missile, capable of carrying an anti-grav contained: antimatter warhead. But just make sure, that you don't miss; cause if you do, you might have alot of explaining to do, say if that antimatter bomb hits a city like L.A. and explodes!!!

Take care,

Erno
edit on 23-1-2011 by Erno86 because: added a word

edit on 23-1-2011 by Erno86 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Erno86
For now, the violent act, on destroying an other-worldly interstellar craft that was causing no provocation; would in my opinion be a highly immoral act.

Surely violating our airspace could be considered a violent act

top topics

<< 3  4  5    7  8  9 >>

join