It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Shooting down a UFO?

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:28 PM
link   
Why hasn't anyone tried to shoot down a UFO yet?

They keep flying around in OUR airspace and no one has thought of firing on them.Well I have been debating this with a few of my friends from ATS and apparently shooting a UFO might start an interstellar war.

I doubt it would seeing as aliens keep flying around in our on earth acting all mysterious...what did they expect would happen?People wouldn't get curious?

Thing is even if you could shoot down one what would be your weapon of choice and would our weapons do any damage to their ship.Probably not.With the advance technology aliens must have our weapons would most likely do zero damage.

So if you could would u should down E.T.?

What weapon would you use?

~The Slov

+30 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Sorry, but that is just plain dumb. Not you. The idea.
Dumb.

Duuummmmmb.

I'd put you in a cannon and shoot you at them.
edit on 22-1-2011 by cluckerspud because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by cluckerspud

Afraid of the Alien Apocalypse?!

Phfft,sissy

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:31 PM
link   
reply to post by SlovenlyGhost

The way I see it is if they exist at all, if they have that kind of technology they've surpassed us in ethics too. Face it : If they wanted to "get us" they would have already. If they are there , they are not out to get us so why shoot them down.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   
reply to post by karen61057

Well to steal their technology and experiment on them of course,why else??hallooo?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by SlovenlyGhost
reply to post by cluckerspud

Afraid of the Alien Apocalypse?!

Phfft,sissy

To be honest, yeah a little.

I got things to do.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
They allready try to shoot UFO´s down with plasma weapons

What weapon would I use ??
A flower and a "I come in peace" and then pray

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:34 PM
link   
Well if they do exist, i would have to say no i wouldn't shoot at them. Not unless i had the Liberty Laser.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
It's easy...you'll need a cow and some C-4 with remote detonator.

Insert C-4 inside of cow and then wait until they come to mutilate it. You then detonate the cow. Of course there won't be any evidence left.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Vandalour

that's how we roll....with a star wars defense missile system

BOOM!!!

flowers are for hippies.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:44 PM
link   
Fighter jets have fired the best we have on them, and without any effect.

The best thing I can come up with is an EMP laser, though it is very likely that the UFO would be shielded against such a thing.

Think about it, if you are flying through space at high speeds, ever little speck of dust is going to hit you way harder then any bullet or missal.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:53 PM
link   
I think I'd inundate the atmosphere with aluminium and barium dust and the set up a resonating electromagnetic pulse using HAARP. That restricts their ability to open portals and knocks out their cloaking device. Doesn't damage them but makes life difficult.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:56 PM
link   
They already did it in independence day durrrrrr

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:58 PM
link   
Just throwing in my 2 cents on this thread.

In something called 'the battle of los angeles' which has become an iconic photo, which happened shortly after peal harbour so the US was on high alert, eye witnesses claim that the UFO that was photographed, drifted for a while after being shot my AA guns, and then crashed, this was said to be the reason why the military was so quickly to respond to the roswell incident.

If your a believer in bob lazer (i have to admit i am) he once documented he saw a peice of metal which had been hit by a gun of our making, he stated that if it was a peice of material of ET origin it would be totally unfeasible for us to just shoot it with one of our weapons, just to see if it would penetrate the armor, it would be like shooting the holy grail.

As previous mentioned, pilots since then who have achieved lock on with fighter aircraft have had there jets totally shut down electronically.

I am a believer in the 'ancient astronaut' theory that they have been here for many thousands of years, but they are now learning to be weary of our responses, much like a puppy thats just grown teeth.

Just throwing my lot in on the subject

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:07 PM
link   
If I ever saw it here, I would try to use anything possible to shoot it down.
A bullet with made of dirt from earth, lol. perhaps it could penetrate their gravity thing haha.
But ok on serious side, a Bazooka. Having the Military shoot one down is good.
Off topic sorry but,If your interested of what afterwards I am going to do?
I will start interrogating the "Alien beings" first of all, ask them the hell happened
at Roswell.
2nd ask the whole thing behind the moon.
3rd ask You know Mona Lisa?

Then probably get him to answer the questions, the members of ATS have for the alien.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
back in the 50 and 70' the USAF had interceptors that were intend for this F100 is one and there were others, 101-106, the USAF will deny this, the 102 and 103 were not made nor put in too production.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:13 PM
link   

It's easy...you'll need a cow and some C-4 with remote detonator. Insert C-4 inside of cow and then wait until they come to mutilate it. You then detonate the cow. Of course there won't be any evidence left.

The best thing I can come up with is an EMP laser, though it is very likely that the UFO would be shielded against such a thing.

I think I'd inundate the atmosphere with aluminium and barium dust and the set up a resonating electromagnetic pulse using HAARP. That restricts their ability to open portals and knocks out their cloaking device. Doesn't damage them but makes life difficult.

Well as everyone can see there's been some creative ideas already.

In the words of Billy and Poncho(Predator1987)

Billy: I'm scared Poncho.
Poncho: BS. You ain't afraid of no man.
Billy: There's something out there waiting for us, and it ain't no man. We're all gonna die.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   

If ET's were smart enough to travel to Earth from wherever they came from, i'm sure they would be far more intelligent than we currently are and i'd think that our weapons would be useless against them.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:19 PM
link   
Some people believe the the crashed UFO in Roswell was actually shot down, but I doubt an extraterrestrial craft advanced enough to come to us would be in danger by our technology. Unless they were really naive to think we are friendly or arrogant enough to not take precautions against a primitive bunch of mammals. :p

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:22 PM
link   

I think your thread is a little tongue and cheek (and cutesy) for my personality but.....in case you're asking a REAL question (opposed to putting on the equivalent to a Power Point presentation in your opening post) you should get familiar with some NASA assaults.

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join