It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What am I?

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Dunno where to put this post so I'll put it here.

Maybe the mods will shift it elsewhere if they see fit.

So I have this weird situation and I'm wondering if either I've been hypnotised, am re incarnated or just have mental problems.

It all started in 2001, I was pretty stressed due to business and family problems and I was working and BBC radio 4 were broadcasting a play that I was listening to, I got a strong feeling of deja vue and became convinced that I had heard the play before and that the first time I had heard it, something of great significance had being in my mind. Try as I might I couldn't think what the significant thing was or what the out come of the play was, but as it went on , all these triggers to some memories that I couldn't remember, like words that are on the tip of your tongue (you know how frustrating that is right? were tripping away in my head. I was really confused, it was like there were events that I could't recall, but that I knew were there.

Time went by and I analysed what was happening time and time again. A thought, would appear and dissappear a split second later, leaving the knowledge that it had existed, but know way of knowing what the thought was, nor what had instigated it. Example, someone smells flowers and remembers making love in a meadow and how wonderful that experience was, all in a split second and then cherishes that memory. I was finding myself not knowing what the trigger was, the memory was or why it was significant, only that the memory existed.

This went on for months and then I went to the doctors and he gave me anti depressants, the thoughts went away almost. Occasionally they broke through though. I kinda got hooked on the meds because when trying to come off them I could feel my mind sort of slip/jolt, slide sideways, thats how it felt. But eventually last year I ran out and was too far away from the docs to get anymore easily, I went cold turkey and came off them completely, actually without any problems, no side slips at all. Since then the thoughts went too.

Was I insane, was my mind bruised, what was it? never seen anyone mention feeling anything similar.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:32 PM
link   
Know how ego is mostly the one that is at the forefront of us before soul? How we look at lust and go panting after it for more and more (for example). The soul actually seemed to have replaced your ego and you got recollections of either present life memories or past life, maybe both mixed together. Do you still get them? You're not insane, just misunderstood! Meds are a no no though.. Those'll mess you right up.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Deja vu has been firmly associated with temporal-lobe epilepsy. Reportedly, deja vu can occur just prior to a temporal-lobe seizure. People suffering a seizure of this kind can experience deja vu during the actual seizure activity or in the moments between convulsions.

Since deja vu occurs in individuals with and without a medical condition, there is much speculation as to how and why this phenomenon happens. Several psychoanalysts attribute deja vu to simple fantasy or wish fulfillment, while some psychiatrists ascribe it to a mismatching in the brain that causes the brain to mistake the present for the past. Many parapsychologists believe it is related to a past-life experience. Obviously, there is more investigation to be done.

I suspect it may be the "mismatching". a brain slightly out of sync sort of thing where your conscious mind is a split second behind your perceptions and your conscious and subconscious are out of sync, so your conscious mind is experiencing something that your subconscious already experienced (a split second earlier) and so it feels you did all of this before...because in a weird way, you have.

You also may want to make sure your not prone to seizures

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:03 PM
link   
Going cold turkey off anti depressants is very dangerous. Your lucky you can still eat your food without chewing your tongue off. Probably something from your childhood that you obsessed over to the point of it being ridiculous. Remember, 99% of things people worry about don't exist. The most obvious answer is usually correct.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
Pretty interesting replies! My son was the main source of my stress, he was born in 2001 with serious epilepsy and it was awful seeing him doing morrow reflexes every few seconds, startles. He died about a year before I gave up the meds any my experiences went back to normal. I was tested to see if I had passed on any defects, I was given the all clear. You are right, I could see this as an almost epileptic scenario,

But it also felt so real and unless I was glimpsing dreams, I was getting split second snap shots of a previous life or a parallel existence.

I'm thinking of seeing a hypnotist....good move or bad?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:30 PM
link   

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   

edit on 22-1-2011 by alien because: ...removed, as referred to post has now been deleted...

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:34 PM
link   
reply to post by tilpah

Look up 'Temporal Lobe Seizure' aka: 'Partial Complex Seizure'.

Edit: Speaking from experience, this might be what you had.
edit on 22-1-2011 by Boreas because: (no reason given)

top topics

join