It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama recalls Roe v. Wade, backs abortion rights

page: 4
<< 1  2  3   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by RestingInPieces
Her responsibility is to have proper birth control. Men can't get pregnant.
edit on 23-1-2011 by RestingInPieces because: (no reason given)

So men are not responsible for birth control? I am not sure you understand the role a man plays in initiating the pregnancy. Men can be responsible and not have sex or use birth control as well. Maybe you should ask your health teacher about it.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

So, I can only assume that you believe women to be too mentally deficient to participate in the decision to have consensual sex. Is this your belief?

I have to believe your reading comprehension often leads you to make failed assumptions following unwarranted self congratulatory emoticons. Is that close?

If it is not your belief, and the man AND the woman had to agree on the "consensual" part of the consensual sex, then each should share EQUALLY in the rights and responsibilities.

Ding ding ding ding. We have a winner.

Perhaps you believe that the woman is incapable of understanding that sex can lead to pregnancy? Thus she suffers from an unintended and unknowable consequence of HER choice? Is this your belief?
I see so many posts on this board crying for "equality", so how about a little less hypocrisy?

I am not sure why you think any of the things that you do. They are not in line with anything I have said.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 01:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by TexasChem
Perhaps you are looking at the fortune of carrying a child in the wrong light Sinnthia.I see it as a blessing to create and bring life into this world.Your post begs for one to see carrying a child as a burden.

Are you purposely only reading some sentences and ignoring others or are you just imparting your own emotions into the words you do NOT SEE?

Is there really any difference in the murder of a child whether they are one day conceived or 9 years of age?

Is that a real question?

Our cociety condemns the murder of a 9 year old but not a one day old?

Where is it legal to kill a one day old baby in the US? Who is ok with that?

What an idealogical conundrum that is!A dishonest hypocrisy of appearance in my opinion.

So men sitting around talking about how they want to screw anything that moves and then use their "moral" standing to tell women what to do about it afterward is not hypocritical to you at all?

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 08:43 PM
link   
reply to post by whatukno

I do care about the lives of everyone. I care about our troops overseas and think it is terrible that we are fighting wars that aren't justified or effective. I think we need to get out of Iraq, Afghanistan, Pakistan, and most everywhere else in the world. We need to be a peaceful people. We say we are protecting our interests. Maybe we have too many interests.

I do care about the lives of people killed. I do not look up obituaries in all towns, but I do read local obituaries. Are the majority of people who die everyday murdered? Every unborn baby is murdered. Where can I find the obituaries of unborn children?

Do I support the death penalty? In certain circumstances when it can be proven, not just beyond a reasonable doubt, but with DNA evidence. People who murder other people, in an act that is not self-defense, have made their decision to take another life. They had a life to live, and they have to live (or die) with the consequences of their actions. I don't understand how being in favor of the death penalty nullifies my position of being against abortion. Did the unborn children kill people in cold blood? What makes the unborn child deserving of death?

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3   >>

join