It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama recalls Roe v. Wade, backs abortion rights

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by LDragonFire
Why would you force a woman to bear a child based on your irresponsibility?
Why would she force him to pay out for 20 years based on her irresponsibility?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:10 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776

? Why did he get her pregnant?

I'm a man I have 3 kids. It's my duty being a Man to take care of my kids. This goes with being a human male and has happened since before history.

If you don't want to pay, don't get her pregnant.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
Yes, i think men need to have more say in the matter...its a tricky area though, while men should have no say over what a woman does with her body, they should have more rights regarding other aspects afterwards. The easiest solution though for men is to not have sex unless you are willing to face the possibility of having a child for doing so..no matter how much precautions you take there is always a chance of the woman becoming pregnant, woman have choices in the matter, men don't...the only real power and choice they have is to have or to not have sex.
edit on 22-1-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:15 PM
link   

? Why did he get her pregnant?

I'm a man I have 3 kids. It's my duty being a Man to take care of my kids. This goes with being a human male and has happened since before history.

If you don't want to pay, don't get her pregnant.

... or make her get an abortion.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by RestingInPieces

Huh? Are you saying men force women to get abortions? Please explain what you mean?

reply to post by Solomons

If I could give you 100 stars I would.

Men have the choice to have sex or not, or to have protected sex or not, but before he commits he needs to understand that the woman will get the last say because it's her body, NOT his.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:24 PM
link   

reply to post by RestingInPieces

Huh? Are you saying men force women to get abortions? Please explain what you mean?

reply to post by Solomons

before he commits he needs to understand that the woman will get the last say because it's her body, NOT his.

Huh? Are you saying woman force men to be fathers? Please explain what you mean?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
I said a little more than my 2 cents worth and this topic is a bit much for a Saturday night.

It's not my place to decide what is right or wrong. It's between them and there maker.

Cheers

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   

I said a little more than my 2 cents worth and this topic is a bit much for a Saturday night.

It's not my place to decide what is right or wrong. It's between them and there maker.

Cheers
Way to run off just when your views are challenged.
[/sarcasm]

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:08 PM
link   

Yet as a guy, I would be forced to pay for her choice.

When men can be raped and impregnated, get back to us.
When men can be knocked up and abandoned, get back to us.
When you get a uterus, get back to us.

If you men were so worried about whether or not the baby you created was going to be born and be a financial burden, you would be a little more careful about where you go sticking your thing. Keep it in your pants and this is not your issue.
edit on 22-1-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:11 PM
link   

Her irresponsibility? What exactly is her responsibility? Allowing his sperm to find her egg?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Sinnthia

Yet as a guy, I would be forced to pay for her choice.

When men can be raped and impregnated, get back to us.
When men can be knocked up and abandoned, get back to us.
When you get a uterus, get back to us.

If you men were so worried about whether or not the baby you created was going to be born and be a financial burden, you would be a little more careful about where you go sticking your thing. Keep it in your pants and this is not your issue.
edit on 22-1-2011 by Sinnthia because: (no reason given)
If she keeps her legs closed, then you have no issue. This entire argument assumes consensual sex. Nobody mentioned rape. Rape is a crime and the criminal should obviously have no say in anything. On the other hand, are rapists forced to pay child support?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Men have the choice to have sex or not, or to have protected sex or not, but before he commits he needs to understand that the woman will get the last say because it's her body, NOT his.

Maybe these anti-choice men who pretend to stand on their moral high ground can abstain from having sex until they fall in love and get married to a woman that would make a great mother to their children. Maybe the morals only show up after the woman gets pregnant?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:14 PM
link   

Her irresponsibility? What exactly is her responsibility? Allowing his sperm to find her egg?
Their responsibility is equal. If the sex was consensual they have equal responsibility to the child and should have equal say in the disposition.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Maybe these anti-choice men who pretend to stand on their moral high ground can abstain from having sex until they fall in love and get married to a woman that would make a great mother to their children. Maybe the morals only show up after the woman gets pregnant?
Women have and make the exact same choices. However, they have the magically derived "right" to murder an innocent or compel the male to submit to slavery for 20 years or so.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

If she keeps her legs closed, then you have no issue.

I am not sure you are clear on the mechanics of sex at this poit.

This entire argument assumes consensual sex. Nobody mentioned rape.

I did. I mentioned rape. It had everything to do with my response. If you did not understand it, read it a few more times. But, the last time I checked, consentual sex involved more than just one woman.

Rape is a crime and the criminal should obviously have no say in anything. On the other hand, are rapists forced to pay child support?

Way to miss the point.
I am not sure you are following.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:19 PM
link   

If she keeps her legs closed, then you have no issue.

I am not sure you are clear on the mechanics of sex at this poit.

This entire argument assumes consensual sex. Nobody mentioned rape.

I did. I mentioned rape. It had everything to do with my response. If you did not understand it, read it a few more times. But, the last time I checked, consentual sex involved more than just one woman.

Rape is a crime and the criminal should obviously have no say in anything. On the other hand, are rapists forced to pay child support?

Way to miss the point.
I am not sure you are following.
Actually I am fairly sure you are not following here. Nobody mentioned rape in the arguments prior to you bringing it up out of left field. This entire argument was based solely on consensual sex between a man and woman. My argument was that rights and responsibilities should be equal if you intend to allow this senseless murder of an innocent.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
reply to post by LDragonFire

Roe protected the right to "choose" up until the end of the first trimester, when the state's compelling interest in protecting human life began to take on more meaning. Obama is probably one of those people that think a baby has no soul or isn't human 'life' until it says its first word or some crap like that.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:27 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Biology dictates that it will never really be the same, again...it seems to me the most common sense thing for a man to do is simply not have sex unless willing to face the possibility of getting the woman pregnant and all the responsibility that entails, because after that it is out of his hands. It is an extremely simple solution to the problem imo.
edit on 22-1-2011 by Solomons because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:32 PM
link   

Their responsibility is equal. If the sex was consensual they have equal responsibility to the child and should have equal say in the disposition.

I think you should read what you wrote again.

You asked why he should have to pay for her irresponsibility. Can you read it? It is right there in quotes. THEY would have to pay for THEIR irresponsibilty would have been a completely different statement.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:34 PM
link   

Women have and make the exact same choices. However, they have the magically derived "right" to murder an innocent or compel the male to submit to slavery for 20 years or so.

You are too funny. So you want to be able to impregnate and strange trash you come across but you are too moral for an abortion you will never be having. Really?

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join