It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

King of eats: Tucson restaurant to serve up African lion tacos for $8.75

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   

King of eats: Tucson restaurant to serve up African lion tacos for $8.75

www.dailymail.co.uk...]www.dailymail.co.uk

They've already dished up python, alligator, elk, kangaroo, rattlesnake, and turtle.
So it's no surprise that now they are going after the king of beasts.
A Tucson restaurant has announced it is set to serve tacos made from the meat of African lions.

Boca Tacos y Tequila has already drawn the ire of animal rights activists on its Facebook page for the announcement.

Read more: www.dailymail.co.uk...
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 22-1-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: fix url link

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:24 PM
link   
Not really sure what to think of this, other than it will likely create quite a bit of controversy, uproar, and I suspect attention, which I assume is the REASON behind such a stunt.

I'm sure there will be arguments on both sides of the fence of this---There will be those that say we are already slaughtering other creatures such as cows and lambs, etc., so what's the difference of adding a 'predatory' species to the mix?

Then there will be others who will point out that this could potentially give rise to the increased barbaric slaughter of these magestic creatures, and create a decimation of their population and numbers...

This is kind of gross and horrific to me in a sense, like the stories one hears of dogs and cats being used as food in certain cultures, although I suppose that takes on a certain additional aspect of these animals being adopted as 'pets' to our culture.

Either way, this topic will, I'm sure, be the subject of heated debate in the coming times...

www.dailymail.co.uk...]www.dailymail.co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 22-1-2011 by DimensionalDetective because: fix url link

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
Lion....!!!! That is not right...this world is getting too perverse...

:-/
edit on 22-1-2011 by purplemer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:30 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

Sounds pricey for lion. I mean come on where does one acquire an African lion other than Africa? If it was some lion who died at a local zoo and they are just being thorough, than no harm no foul. Yuck

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
ok, there has to be something in the water in that town.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:34 PM
link   
This newest delicacy? Why? Just leave the lions alone. My goodness. I am not a vegetarian but this is silly. Let the cats roam and grow they're endangered for goodness sakes.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
I wonder if the lion meat being used was wild caught or farm raised?
Or maybe as a previous poster said, it could be from the local zoo.
I can see this becoming an animal rights activists talking point, but food is food.
Maybe if Africans themselves would learn to eat the resources available to them they wouldn't have such high starvation.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:46 PM
link   
This sounds like a publicity stunt and it's probably not even lion meat.

Who would know? Unless one was to get a tour of the kitchens to prove it.

Either way, this will hopefully backfire from hoards of animal rights activists decending on the restaurant and protesting or someone proving it isn't lion meat and them being sued for misrepresentation, false advertising or something similar.

Dumb.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by reverandrandy

Maybe if Africans themselves would learn to eat the resources available to them they wouldn't have such high starvation.

Is this serious?

I just want to make sure.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:49 PM
link   

Originally posted by reverandrandy

Hmmm...how many flavours of dirt are there?

And maybe if certain humans would learn to eat the resources available to them they wouldn't have such high obesity.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:54 PM
link   
This makes me 'ROARING" mad!

For those who live in the wild I can understand eating what we refer to as exotic animals but its totally unecessary to do so In Tuscon. I too wonder if they are from the wild or farmed. If they are farmed this will catch on and will happen more frequently.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   
Isn't the African Lion protected? PETA will have a field day over this. Crazy crazy this world is getting.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:57 PM
link   
Dunno about lion, but I have had bobcat stew a few times before at the game dinner I used to go to with my hunting club. It was pretty good actually.
edit on Sat, 22 Jan 2011 16:01:05 -0600 by TKDRL because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
I'm pretty sure I've read of farms where lions are raised. Maybe they are farm raised in Africa?

Personally, I wouldn't eat it because it's a cat. I don't eat cat.

I don't want the toxoplasmosis.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:59 PM
link   
reply to post by DimensionalDetective

what the hell are wrong with those people???

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:04 PM
link   
only 8.75 for a lion taco? That is a nice price, I'd pay 20.00 for one. Just for the thought of eating a lion. Another I would try is turtle. I am getting sick of same ol same ol chicken/turkey/cow/pork.
It is weird how our diets mostly include herbivore meat. Carnivore meat is almost unheard of with everyday meat.
edit on 22-1-2011 by wiredamerican because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:17 PM
link   
No, not me....
I would not eat cat either...

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
So what?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
Not that i approve but the lions come from Perris, Calif, not africa. Basically retired circus lions

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:45 PM
link   

Not that i approve but the lions come from Perris, Calif, not africa. Basically retired circus lions

In other words, after a lifetime of abuse they get turned into tacos. How depraved.

top topics

<<   2 >>

join