It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inventions and ideas,I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours.

page: 2
<< 1    3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   
If I ever get the legal knots untied that my so-called family members tied me up with, and get my products back on the market, I was thinking I would hire ATS'ers next time around.

If any of our ideas pan out, maybe we could work together to survive the times ahead.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:26 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

Unfortunately, my recent divorce has tapped me out. I need money to move forward. Building a proof of concept model caddy would not be too difficult, but marketing and making them would.

The issue that I need to resolve with the tape is an adhesive that will hold, without catching fire, during the shrink phase.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:29 PM
link   
You know how video camera's have "Steady-shot" or "Image Stabilization?

Well, why can't they incorporate that same overall idea into handguns/rifles? (I'm talking about the concept, not the actual technology - I'm aware that image stabilization and targeting a barrel are 2 completely different areas of engineering.)

The idea would be that the barrel would be mounted and supported inside the gun housing by a bunch of computer controlled adjustable arms. A scoping system would allow you to take initial aim at the target area. As soon as you engage the "stabilizer" it removes all the tiny shakes and stuff that happen while you are aiming at the target (heart beat, hand shake, etc). You can still move the aim, but it isn't "shaky" - it's a slow, smooth movement.

The advanced model could "lock on" to target (within in certain limits) so you could move the gun a few degrees in any direction and the barrel stays perfectly on target.

Anyways, that's my idea.

edit on 22-1-2011 by harrytuttle because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by sonofliberty1776
reply to post by daddyroo45

Unfortunately, my recent divorce has tapped me out. I need money to move forward. Building a proof of concept model caddy would not be too difficult, but marketing and making them would.

The issue that I need to resolve with the tape is an adhesive that will hold, without catching fire, during the shrink phase.

Been thru the divorce money drain myself....sorry.... The trick to the adhesive would be to have the tape not fully cured on the inside,where when you put heat to it( preferably hot air) It would shrink and create the bond. There is a guy on the first page that seems to know his stuff about marketing and such. check him out....couldn't hurt.
goes by niceguybob

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:46 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
Been thru the divorce money drain myself....sorry
Yeah, I should have stayed single.

.... The trick to the adhesive would be to have the tape not fully cured on the inside,where when you put heat to it( preferably hot air) It would shrink and create the bond.
A heat gun is the preferred method, but you have to know your market. Most mechanics/technicians are going to use their lighters.

There is a guy on the first page that seems to know his stuff about marketing and such. check him out....couldn't hurt.
goes by niceguybob
I noticed. He is of course money motivated. There is nothing wrong with that, everybody should be compensated for their efforts, but I lack money atm.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

(www.duluthtrading.com...)

Not trying to discourage you, actually am trying to help with this... maybe you can find out and use whatever it is this tape uses...

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by OatDelphi
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

(www.duluthtrading.com...)

Not trying to discourage you, actually am trying to help with this... maybe you can find out and use whatever it is this tape uses...
LOL. That is actually better than what I was thinking of. Oh well, on to other things.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by harrytuttle
You know how video camera's have "Steady-shot" or "Image Stabilization?

Well, why can't they incorporate that same overall idea into handguns/rifles? (I'm talking about the concept, not the actual technology - I'm aware that image stabilization and targeting a barrel are 2 completely different areas of engineering.)

The idea would be that the barrel would be mounted and supported inside the gun housing by a bunch of computer controlled adjustable arms. A scoping system would allow you to take initial aim at the target area. As soon as you engage the "stabilizer" it removes all the tiny shakes and stuff that happen while you are aiming at the target (heart beat, hand shake, etc). You can still move the aim, but it isn't "shaky" - it's a slow, smooth movement.

The advanced model could "lock on" to target (within in certain limits) so you could move the gun a few degrees in any direction and the barrel stays perfectly on target.

Anyways, that's my idea.

Nice try but smart bullets are well beyond the development stage.
so that kind of Trumps your card there with the "steady shot gun"

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:57 PM
link   
So far so good. There are several good ideas and inventions posted. How about some on free energy. Consider the peizoelectric crystal. A crystal the creates voltages from pressure. What if you could tune these crystals to a microwave harmonic ? Collect the free ranging microwaves and convert them into usable energy. Maybe use a large parabolic dish as a collector and focus the microwaves on a bundle of crystals and draw energy from the resonant vibrations ?
What do you think ?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:11 PM
link   
Interesting... A lot of skeptics about alternative energy power sources with good reason. A Lot of snake oil guys out there.
..We all know part of the Space Station work is to grow pure Crystals for new forms of concentrated energy.. www.redorbit.com...
Evidently,somehow the Govenment knows that alternative enegy sources are out there..They usually keep the technology for themselves for a while.. Or whoever paid to subsidize the experiements for profit up there.

I'm not a scientist or an electrical engineer. I just like seeing new idea's turn into products, regardless of the market or industry..

"Vision Without Execution is Hallucination" Thomas Jefferson.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:13 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

First of all, what do you mean that smart bullets are "way past the development stage"?? They are still just mostly theoretical, and the prototypes that do exist are not cheap and are still being used for "development". (Unless you are talking about those XM25 smart grenades, but that is a completely different ordinance than a bullet,and they only use the term "bullets" for marketing reasons, they are small grenades.)

Secondly, even if there were "Smart bullets" they would be very expensive and would quickly outpace the cost of the gun if used regularly.

With this weapon system I proposed, the bullets can be "dumb" (and orders of magnitude cheaper) as the gun would do all the "thinking".

If you can show me a weapons system that uses "smart bullets", I'm sure we'd all love to see you post links.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   
I have two inventions I haven't seen before, but they are low-tech and so easily copied that it would be a waste to even try to develop either one.
1) A Sweater Saving Button Backer. I'm a hand-knitter and like large fancy buttons. I designed a shaped shawl (which doesn't fall off your shoulders or a hanger!) with a loose stitch. Most fancy buttons should not be washed; most garments are washed. Sewing a button onto a sweater pulls the garment, possible even creating holes and snags. I figured out how to use a large button which is on the inside of the sweater, with elastic cord that goes through the sweater and attach the button onto the outside. This gives a nice, easily removed for washing button, which is never actually sewn to anything. It also distributes the pulling from use over a much larger space, so the sweater doesn't get pulled everytime you use the button. It works like a dream. It's easy. It's very practical. It's also just a large button and elastic thread. How can you sell something like that? It's about 30 cents to make your own!
2)iPod Hanger. I hate wearing an armband for my iPod, use Nordic walking sticks so can't just carry it, and usually do not have pockets in my clothes. An iPod weighs next to nothing, but if you just wrap the cord behind your neck, it will slip down. If you wrap it around your neck, it will choke up. Both look bad. So I weighed my iPod, then some large beads and a hoop, to match. Place your earbuds in, put your iPod where you want it, put the cord around your neck and attach the beaded hoop opposite the iPod (a simple knot) and VOILA` ! A counterweight that keeps your iPod in place without slipping, looping, pins, lanyards, armbands, pockets, or anything else. It just hangs around your neck, easily in reach, and hands-free. Also something that works, but is so easy to copy a patent would be completely useless. Heck someone could just create a plastic Hello Kitty or whatever the correct weight and completely bypass "my" invention completely. Keep wondering about suggesting to Belkin, though. I think it would catch on. I've never seen anything like it at all.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
I'm inventing something for fun right now. Its certainly not a money maker (because it has a very small market) and it wont save the world but it is for a fun and unique cause. It is a new type of wildlife tracking collar. It is for tracking deer fawns so that rescue facilities can watch over them for 3 weeks after they are released to a foster doe. It uses GPS for location acquisition and encrypted burst transceivers for command and communication. The collar can be released on command at any time and retrieved. The fawns can weigh as little as eight pounds so the collar has to be very small for what it does. You can follow the development and actual testing of the collar here:

Deer Tracking Collar

And here is an image of a test subject wearing the first (read large) prototype. As you can see they are very dangerous animals and he ferociously licked the salt off of my hand while I was putting the collar on him.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/f81bf9990789.jpg[/atsimg]

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:01 PM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

Yeah, I bet you were scared looking into those deep evil eyes, huh? Risked a finger to being suckled?
How adorable, both the fawn and your idea! Hope it works out well for all involved. I'm not a hunter and prefer to see my deer on the hoof, so this is great!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:06 PM
link   
reply to post by harrytuttle

Yes i was thinking of the XM25 they may be grenades but you can bet your bottom
dollar they will be actual bullets been developed if not been tested now.

Yeah if i could invent a stick that pops out of your computer and pokes you
when i ask it to that would be priceless right now

you sound upset.

ya link. yes it's the XM25 best I could do.
media.techworld.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:09 PM
link   
reply to post by stars15k

Thanks, and don't sell your ideas short.
Despite being simple, if it is in demand and not available then it can be worth something to market. There are lots of simple trinkets being sold by the millions.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:22 PM
link   
reply to post by dainoyfb

I actually thought you were joking and got carried away in geek land when i read

It uses GPS for location acquisition and encrypted burst transceivers for command and communication.

But then i read on. WELL DONE! & good luck, I hope you get rich

Then it sounds more like your about conservation than money but that's still good.
You get KARMA points.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:50 PM
link   
reply to post by OatDelphi

i literally cracked up laughing!
these people are going on about their inventions and u come up with an 'invention' of shaking a bottle to make milk frothy hahahah least u made me laugh tho!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:39 PM
link   
reply to post by OatDelphi

can you back that back that clam up with photos or links

just saying befor the debuckers get to you

edit on 22-1-2011 by audio assasin because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:13 AM
link   

Originally posted by audio assasin

can you back that back that clam up with photos or links

just saying befor the debuckers get to you

I know right... I can just hear it now, "Prove it". Nah just kidding.

But really I use to pay un-godly amounts of my income to coffee-shops. Now I get my coffee fix and save $60-70 a month. And best of all I don't spend 20 mins making one cup of java. Sometimes it seems cheap innovations are the best.

Honestly, I tried to get in touch with the slap-chop guys and the As Seen on TV store distributers about 9 months ago. Of course they did not return my phone calls and emails. I really thought that would have been the best option because it is cheap to make, and could really work in a gimmicky kind of advertisement, in my opinion. CGI Billy Mays??? anyone... anyone...

But it's probably better they never did get back with me. It's not like we need more worthless plastic material being made, only to evently spin in a giant oceanic vortex.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3  4 >>

join