It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inventions and ideas,I'll show you mine if you'll show me yours.

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:52 PM
link   
Mods if this is misplaced please move it to the correct forum.

I had a strange idea today. There are many people out there that like to invent new things or improve old ones. I am a firm believer that money is not the motivation behind real invention. Therefore I propose releasing some of my ideas and inventions to the public at large. I am hoping that others will follow suite. We could make a difference in the world, if we put the lure of riches and fame aside, for the betterment of all.

I am sure that some of my ideas and the ideas of others will be blasted as foolish or downright crazy. However that is where true invention begins. I do hope that there are others that feel as I do, shoot your ideas out here, collaborate with others, and find the answers you seek. Not for fame and fortune, but for self satisfaction and a better world.

My first idea of invention started out with the notion of a closed “browns gas” system. Water is changed, into hydrogen and oxygen. The gases ignited in a cylinder, propelling the piston, and returning the gases into water.

I began my experiment by using a single throw crankshaft from an old lawn mower engine. I made two piston engine of sorts with some steel rod, some pipe and a couple of spark plugs. On one end of the crank shaft I placed a four pound counter weight flywheel.

At a distance of approximately one third of the length of the stroke (from TDC ) I welded small holding reservoirs with 12 v electrodes mounted in them (Insulated from the reservoirs). With drain holes in the cylinders to allow the water to run back into the reservoirs after ignition.

I mounted two lawn mower coils, timed to fire @TDC of the appointed cylinders stroke. Which while doing my experiment I had to manually fire the cylinders ( I found that creating the gases took time , That is the reason I used a weighted flywheel to keep momentum until enough gas developed for ignition)

I used a 12v car battery to separate the gases from the water. I had success. The little contraption ran. I never achieved a very high RPM , It seized up from heat and lack of lubrication. But the idea was sound.

I believe that by adding cylinders (say sixteen ) with Teflon rings on the pistons, a 12v generator behind the flywheel, and a timed fire distributor ( say a twenty to one fire ratio to rpm firing two cylinders at a time) You could create a efficient power plant. The cylinders and pistons have to be very small, because the volume of gas created is small.. This is what I call the Hydro-Dyne engine. The small opposed cylinder engine could possibly be capable of powering a small electric generator while powering itself.

I hope others take this idea/invention and make use of it. Just please don’t do it for profit, profit is not the point.

I have told you one of my ideas/inventions, now it’s your turn !!

edit on 22-1-2011 by daddyroo45 because: error in syntax

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
How did you go about "separating the gasses from the water using a car battery?" Seems like an over simplification. You would need to react the H2O with a catalyst to get the hydrogen out, would you not?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:00 PM
link   
Always when I have an idea someone steal it or it's on the market in a few months being sold to the masses.

Don't think my idea would benefit everyone just people in my country.See we've been having power cuts and I've been thinking small communities should invest in generators or solar panels.It would electricity cheaper and no one would have to be dependend on the goverment which obviously can't deliver the services we pay them for.

Small town houses have been becoming popular.People living in small clusters...so something like that would work.Could just add it to the levee

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:01 PM
link   
Good work, S+F

Mine is a lot more scientific and complicated so try and keep up:

SQUEEZY BUTTER!!!

Like squeezy cheese..............but butter!!!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   
reply to post by lektrofellon

They already have that, and it is GREAT! Perfect for corn on the cob!!

I have several inventions I'd love to tinker with:

1. A collapsible solar water distiller. I've already made a prototype and it works. Just pour the salt water or dirty water in through the top, and set it in the sun, and collect much cleaner water out of the trap below. It has a clear plastic "hood," a dirty water bowl, and a clean water reservoir.

2. A trigger mechanism that allows a sniper/hunter to depress the trigger before he is ready to fire, and then "release" the trigger without the typical jerk. Most snipers have mastered the "squeeze," but amateurs struggle with not pulling their weapon left or right as they squeeze the trigger.

3. Antigravity! It is much more complicated, but I could explain via U2U. The technology necessary for my plan already exists, and it is already a hot topic with some research ongoing at CalTech. It employs a "force multiplier" via gyros, and it satisfies all known laws of physics.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
reply to post by molenews

It will separate it just takes longer.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:11 PM
link   

Love the squeezy butter. Might not save the universe,but it would taste so good.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by getreadyalready

They already have that, and it is GREAT! Perfect for corn on the cob!!

I have several inventions I'd love to tinker with:

1. A collapsible solar water distiller. I've already made a prototype and it works. Just pour the salt water or dirty water in through the top, and set it in the sun, and collect much cleaner water out of the trap below. It has a clear plastic "hood," a dirty water bowl, and a clean water reservoir.

2. A trigger mechanism that allows a sniper/hunter to depress the trigger before he is ready to fire, and then "release" the trigger without the typical jerk. Most snipers have mastered the "squeeze," but amateurs struggle with not pulling their weapon left or right as they squeeze the trigger.

3. Antigravity! It is much more complicated, but I could explain via U2U. The technology necessary for my plan already exists, and it is already a hot topic with some research ongoing at CalTech. It employs a "force multiplier" via gyros, and it satisfies all known laws of physics.

I like the idea of a portable water treatment plant ! The release trigger is out there already,still a great idea. I would like to hear more about anti-gravity. I am of the opinion that everything has a frequency,once the frequency of gravity is discovered, it will allow for manipulation of gravity.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:38 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
I have told you one of my ideas/inventions, now it’s your turn !!

Thank you for sharing so here is mine...and if you love coffee you will definately appreciate this.

I personally can't stand paying big bucks for Vanilla Lattes but I drink the hell out of them. So of course, I went and bought one of these Krups expresso/cappucino machines and the vanilla syrup. Now don't get me wrong the actual coffee from these coffee makers are great, the only downside is that it takes twice the amount of time if you wanna have the steamed milk foam on top.

Now honestly I just gave up on the foam. Here I was spending extra cash on beans and a grinder and of course the Krups maker and not reaping what I set out to have. Then one day it happened.

I ran out vanilla syrup mid-way through a refill and I wanted to get every last drop of flavoring(call me a junkie if you like). So I thought well I will just put my milk in there and try to infuse it with last remaining drops before putting it in my coffee. So I poured about a 1/4 cup of milk in, twisted the lid on and start sloshing the milk around. Now my plan was working but I wasn't getting all the flavor so I started shaking the bottle violently. Something happened.

Suddenly my milk was turning into a thick foam. DUH I said to myself>I could remember what happens to milk when you add chocolate syrup to the carton as a kid, you always get left with this heavy foam that you have to wait until all the air escapes before you drink it or you will get the burps.

So if you enjoy cappucinos, or lattes, or maybe chai tea, keep a clean plastic bottle with a sealable lid nearby.(RECYCLING***HINT)
Add the amount of milk you like, and start shaking quite vigorously. You will find in about 15 secs you will have thick foamy goodness that will sit upon you coffeee the entire drink. That is no lie, I am drinking one right now.

edit on 22-1-2011 by OatDelphi because: quote mistake, grammar

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:39 PM
link   
reply to post by molenews

Agreed. An electrocatalyst would reduce the amount of power required to overcome the high activation barrier, energy that is transformed into wasteful heat. You would net 25-30% efficiency at best in such a system.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   
Reply to post by daddyroo45

Not really world saving, or even extraordinary. But I have patented an invention I like to call Taco Tape. Its a little piece of edible tape you wrap around the back of your taco to keep contents from escaping onto your shirt or lap. Just trying to figure out how to manufacture and market this idea. Next up, The Burrito Bandage.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:41 PM
link   
reply to post by daddyroo45

I agree on the frequency/antigrav hypothesis. It is definitely an idea begging to be explored. I would be interested in hearing about any potential antigrav theories, especially ones I could test outside of a lab.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:45 PM
link   

Originally posted by daddyroo45
The release trigger is out there already,still a great idea.

It's called a Double Set Trigger.

It was perfected on flintlocks and still is sold for modern rifles at Brownell's.

When you orbitz you knows...

edit on 22-1-2011 by Chakotay because: For the Halibut...

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:50 PM
link   
reply to post by Chakotay

Nice, that is cool....and old. I guess I'm a couple hundred years too late.
Mine had a thumb release.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   
I have 2 ideas that I have been playing around with.
The first is "Heat Shrink Tape". This would be a real boon for mechanics and mobile equipment technicians. Regular heat shrink is either applied at the factory before connections are made, or the wires must be physically cut or separated. Working with under hood wiring is one example where electrical tape is often used to the detriment of the circuit. Heat shrink is the preferred repair method here especially since electrical tape reacts badly to oil, brake fluid, and many other chemicals. Unfortunately, many mechanics and other technicians are either too lazy or too busy to take the time to disassemble the wiring in order to use heat shrink. Thus heat shrink tape would combine the ease of electrical tape with the permanency and protective ability of heat shrink.

My second idea is something I call a "LapTop Buddy" or alternately a "LapTop Caddy". Basically it is a standard laptop case with a built in inverter, converter, retractable extension cord and powerstrip. It would permit charging of the laptop(and other items like your phone, Ipod, etc...) from you cars cigarette lighter or from a 120v outlet. Many times when I travel, I find myself stuck in a coffee shop using their wifi while recharging my laptop and needing to charge other things as well. With the buddy, all of my sundries could be charging while still in the bag, leaving you with only 1 plug you need to plug in.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by skeetontheconspiracy
Reply to post by daddyroo45

Not really world saving, or even extraordinary. But I have patented an invention I like to call Taco Tape. Its a little piece of edible tape you wrap around the back of your taco to keep contents from escaping onto your shirt or lap. Just trying to figure out how to manufacture and market this idea. Next up, The Burrito Bandage.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

Hey don't sell your idea short. I like it ! I wish you luck with your patent and marketing. The last patent I had went no where. I developed what I called a zero zone forced air vent. A simple device that allowed the flow of air out without any back flow when your fan was off. For dryers,vent hoods,bathroom vents and the like,disallowing the back flow of cold air into your home. Just never caught on. I build them for people that want to incorporate them in new homes sometimes.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
I take idea's and turn them into manufacturable products for a living. It's what I do. I sign Non Disclosure Agreements all the time.(NDA's)
There are many pitfalls in the New Idea To Market Industry.
The "dumbest" one for me is when people find out what I do for living, I get the old " I have a really great idea,I can't tell you,because you'll steal it.' That's what NDA's are for..DUH.
I don't take an idea,do a patent search on it,build a prototype,do a market test,get production tooling prices to get individual unit costs,and decide which country will do it the cheapest..I CAN do that for you. Tha's what I do..but not steal an idea and turnaround and build it and steal it.
THAT'S Part of the problem with this industry. A LOT of companies DO do that. In different ways.
A Patent Attorney can charge anywhere from $500 to $5000 dollars for the SEARCH.You can do it for free on line. www.google.com... Just search a similar idea.
That has NOTHING to do with FILING the Patent application. That can go anywhere from $2500 to $10,000 just for U.S.Canada,and part of Europe. THAT filing will protect you for one year to go ahead and file in OTHER countries Worldwide at a rate of $1000 to $10,000 PER Country depending on which Continent.
Now, SOME companies will give you a package deal to develope your product. They could care less if you sell any.. That's on you.. BUT, you can pay as you go..
Phase one..Deposit up front..includes patent seach, and mechanical or electrical drawings.
Phase two; Deposit up front ..Prototypes are built. Production prices based on quantities
Phase three..Deposit up front..they will outsource manufacturing partners for you and supply first articles.
At that time they will hand over all information to you..You already bought the 3 phase program..
You can quit at any phase and not move on to the next phase.
These fee's DO NOT include Patent filing fee's.
There are conpaies that WATCH patent expiration dates as they come to expire. BAM..They have a knockoff the next day on the Market. Ask the Pharmeceutical Industry how that woks.

There are Companies that will BUY your idea and offer you a licensing fee if they like the idea. It's typically 3 to 10% of NET profit. A LOT of inventors are disapointed how little they are offer'd..
But A,
they don't have the finacial resources to do it themselves
B) This how these companies make money..they take on ALL the risk to test market the product and build the tooling to produce large volumes. About 80% of new products introduced into the market place fail.
www.jstor.org...
There are many reasons...
I happened to come a across a product that the inventor followed my guiudlines to a TEE.. Good mechanical engineer,Good patent Attorny,Good Prtotypes,I show it to the right people.. BAM..He's off and running and I joined his Company as Diretor of Sales and Marketing.
We are a 100% Made In America,Certified Biodegradable,Green Company. And is WASN"T easy.
We are already shipping product to New Zealand,Spain,and across the U.S.
Innovation, Engineering and Retooling Of America is what we should ALL prioritize .
Don't get discouraged. Success is out there for the right Products.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
Thank god he didn't hire me for not using spellcheck..My apologies.

Second line

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:14 PM
link   
reply to post by sonofliberty1776

Both those ideas are great. I myself would loved to have heat shrink tape several times in the past. It would allow for a much cleaner looking wiring job. The laptop caddy looks like something that would market quickly.maybe you should move on these inventions.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   
reply to post by niceguybob

Reading your story makes me wish I had renewed my patent. I had several companies sign NDA'S but never heard anything from their R&D departments. I was trying to find a manufacture on my own,had I hired someone it might have gotten off the ground. Maybe this thread will connect you with some great inventors.It couldn't hurt.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join