It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caught Red Handed! USDA Bee Extinction Study Kept Secret!

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
i wonder if there truly is a link between bee extinction and our race. i think its hard to determine, but who knows.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
An interesting bit of history.. Nazi Germany tried to exterminate ALL the European Dark honey bees as they deemed these inferior.. the Victorians in Britain tried the same with the British Black Honey bee.

The thing is, these native species are better adapted to combat the latest bout of diseases affecting the hybrids and imports.. mother nature really does know best

It seems (in my neck of the woods) the British black is again thriving.. so while the hybrids and imports are being fed sugar water to survive or dying of nasty diseases the natives are busy bees creating lots of honey

Sussex University are working hard to produce a cleaner more hygienic breed using British Black and European dark honey bees... where man failed, mother nature will win through

Link to the work by Sussex University

Main aims To breed and test a stock of hygienic, native British black honey bees, Apis mellifera mellifera, and to make this available to beekeepers to use in queen rearing and in hives.

Bee population collapse 'could be saved by British species'

Wiki: European Dark Bees

Included link title for your enjoyment only
the Daily Fail: British Hives for British Workers

It is a familiar story - the native worker swept aside in favour of a more industrious and docile foreign rival. But in the case of the British black honeybee, there could be a sting in the tale.

And an image of a black bumblebee for those that have never seen one
Anthophora-plumipes

edit on 23/1/11 by thoughtsfull because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

Your confusing me. Now your saying the USDA has never said a word about bee's becoming extinct?... You also took my post out of context. I simply stated study's have been going on since 1996 when reports were being received of Mass Colony die offs which were being reported by Honey Bee Keepers. In your OP your saying the USDA has kept its own "study's" secret right? How are they doing that if you were able make a post about it?

The only thing I can derive from this post would be that the USDA's "insecticide" being used was used to try and kill the Varroa Mite which is the real source of the problem. The only thing I can think of that USDA would not announce is they killed more bee's with their insecticide then the mite's have.
edit on 23-1-2011 by MITSwagger because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
“We believe that some subtle interactions between nutrition, pesticide exposure and other stressors are converging to kill colonies,” said Jeffery Pettis, of the ARS’s bee research laboratory.

it more to me just seemed like they were sort of illuding the truth while stating it at the same time. there is a little bit of truth in every good lie.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by MITSwagger

The only thing I can think of that USDA would not announce is they killed more bee's with their insecticide then the mite's have.

I can not give them any credit for "motives".

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by guyopitz
Time to boycott Bayer. I will never buy another Bayer product and I will tell everyone I know to boycott Bayer as well. This is war people. We need to fight Bayer and Monsanto with everything we have. Starve them of your dollars and speak out against them at every opportunity.

Absolutely, and let's not forget that the UN had Bayer deliberately spreading HIV with the approval of the FDA, all as part of the UN's depopulation program

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:19 PM
link   

Originally posted by MITSwagger
No star and no flag. Minimal information is given here and quotes are being used that are not in quotations

What is wrong with you man? No star and no flag cause the OP didn't use quotation marks! My fking god - I hope others see the real point of this thread and don't get all hung up on grammer. Once again to others, sign this petition to stop the use of the pesticide that is doing the damage.

GLOBAL BEE EMERGENCY -- ACT NOW

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 03:33 PM
link   
reply to post by theukbloke

Thank you for sure, and dont be thrown off by the comments about citations and quotations.
To be sure, every article used in my Opening post was properly linked.
And every quote was properly marked with quotion marks, and proplerly sourced with links.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:20 PM
link   

And yet you still failed to mention anything in regards to the Varroa Mite. Which could be the only reason USDA would even use pesticides over Bee colony's on a Bee Keepers farm land..

Varroa mite
en.wikipedia.org...

Colony Collapse Disorder: en.wikipedia.org... . Main issue talked about for CCD are the mites, which you also never showed us.

I already agreed that aside from the VMite all these pesticides they are trying to use could be just as big as the Mite problem

Here is an article saying the use of pesticides to rid bees of the mite can be killing them too.
www.sciencedaily.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
The USDA hiding secrets? I expect no less from any part of the federal government. I had a bad experience with a crooked USDA inspector named, "Mark McGruder". He lied on a inspection report and his bosses did nothing about it. Lie about other stuff? Sure they can get away with it. It's masons covering up for each other.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:38 PM
link   
Another nice tid-bit about Bayer: Bayer is notorious in Europe for poisoning the Rhine to such an extent in the 70's, that at a certain point it was possible to develop and fixate photographs in the Rhine, without the help of any other chemicals. Blankets of foam and dead fish were a normal sight in the 70's Rhine.
In the 50's, theRhine was used as an impromptu swimming-pool in many places. In the 70's You'd get seriously ill when you fell into it.

Bayer got a slew of court-cases slammed on their desks, they lost most of them. European environmental laws got very very strict in the late 70's. Apparently Bayer decided to move shop to America(and to many 3rd-world countries), where the rules are seemingly somewhat more relaxed, or their lobby is more effective in the US, who knows.

On Monsanto: It is telling that many countries in Europe are refusing to import genetically modified seeds and food..... Monsanto is known to have lobbied(read: "tried to coerce") the European agriculture departments. To no avail. I don't know for how long the Europeans can hold off Monsanto's push for power over the European food-market.
edit on 1/23/2011 by diakrite because: grammar

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:36 PM
link   
reply to post by MITSwagger

the lead researcher at the USDA’s very own Bee Research Laboratory completed research two years ago suggesting that even extremely low levels of exposure to neonicotinoids makes bees more vulnerable to harm from common pathogens.

Mites are not pathogens as you well know.

The bright lining in all this is that if we can stop the use to these pesticides the bee populations should return of their own accord.
We have dug our own grave by placing such huge dependence on species that are alien to North America.
Our "common" honeybees were brought over by European settlers.

Given the long and sordid history of Bayer I would hardly be surprised if they knew full well the effects and continued to sell dangerous products to help the "bottom line".
Human greed knows no bounds.

Excellent find Burntheships.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by imgone
i wonder if there truly is a link between bee extinction and our race. i think its hard to determine, but who knows.

i think there is...if the bees die...we die...

kx

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:48 PM
link   
reply to post by Asktheanimals

Thank you ATA!

Like you, I have a hard time accepting that the mite theory has much validity.
Mites have been around forever.

CCD was "identified" and labeled in 2006.
www.ars.usda.gov...

What has changed is that the Varroa mite is becoming resistant to two compounds (coumaphos and fluvalinate) used to control them.

Resistance to pesticides. We know what happens from there!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:51 PM
link   
Thank you for the last few post's. I was waiting for you to mention the mite. Now that you did you get a star and flag.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
So how can this be such a widespread problem without the pesticides being sprayed in the air? I mean some states with huge bee collapses have no known large agrigultural industry. So what gives?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:15 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this report. I have been wondering for quite some time
now as to what is killing off the bee population. I love bees. They are one of
the worlds most important creatures. I have always suspected pesticide use
as being the culprit. I also have heard the theories of cell towers alongwith
the bees little magnetic compass being thrown off for whatever reason, etc.

It just makes me sick that there are people in the world who are total, complete
evil, and want to destroy everything in their path. Don't you wish these devil
possessed people could be rounded up and made to swallow the very poison
they are destroying the planet with? That would really be giving them a taste of
their own medicine. No pun intended. This infuriates me that there are these
types of people on this planet. Bees keep the entire earth going, and now there
are those who want to wipe them out for monetary profits and greed.

edit on 23-1-2011 by endtimer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:20 PM
link   

I posted a thread about this nearly a week ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:30 PM
link   
reply to post by MITSwagger

Pardon if I misunderstood your posts.

The "news" here pertains to a study that was conducted by Mr Pettis, the lead researcher at the USDA’s Bee Research Laboratory completed research two years ago

suggesting that even extremely low levels of exposure to neonicotinoids makes bees more vulnerable to harm from common pathogens.

Yet to this day, that study has not been published. Why has this information been withheld?

We could speculate that it was to give Bayer time to come up with another "pesticide"....one that would be marketable, and at the same time, protect Bayers image. Just taking a stab in the dark.

And do I have any facts to back that up? Yes, I do.

Bayer CropScience acquires varroa mite control product from Exosect
Monheim, November 16, 2010

Bayer CropScience announced today that it has acquired a product for the efficient control of varroa mites (Varroa destructor) from Exosect Ltd., Winchester, United Kingdom. The market launch of this new bee health product in the United States is planned for 2011. First registrations in major European countries are expected from 2012 onwards. The acquisition also enables Bayer CropScience to develop innovative bee health solutions and to commercialize new bee health products worldwide. Financial terms were not disclosed.

The product is based on the innovative Entostat™ technology, a food grade powder refined from a natural wax which is sustainably harvested from a particular species of palm tree, combined with the miticidal active ingredient thymol. After being spread directly onto the top of the frames, bees start to clean the powder out of the hive. It adheres to their bodies via electrostatic attraction. As they move throughout the hive, the powder is distributed to other bees and onto the framework of the hive, including open brood cells.

“Bayer is aware of its responsibility as a producer both of crop protection products and of bee health products”, said Dr. Franz-Josef Placke, Head of Development at Bayer CropScience. “Therefore, we are investing in research and development to provide beekeepers with sustainable solutions to improve the health of their bees and beehives.”
www.bayercropscience.com...

I could say better late than never, but in this case its nearly too late!

As to the mites, even Mr Pettis could not attribute the cause of CCD on the mites.

Firstly, while there are some people who want to pin the blame on these mites, such views are unconvincing in that the argument does not make any sense because the main source of disease for these bees is intestinal disease. In fact, ‘many bee experts assumed Varroa mites were a major cause of the severe die-off in the winter of 2005. Yet when researchers from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Bee Research Laboratory in Beltsville, Maryland, traveled to Oakdale, California, where Anderson and a number of his fellow beekeepers spend winter and spring, they could find no correlation between the level of Varroa mite infestation and the health of bee colonies. ‘We couldn’t pin the blame for the die-off on any single cause,’ says Jeff Pettis, a research entomologist from the U.S. Department of Agriculture (USDA) Bee Research Laboratory in Beltsville, Maryland,[3] However, treatments against mites may be leaving hives open to the onslaught of powerful pathogens, much in the same way the overuse of antibiotics lead to super bugs in society today.
www.informationliberation.com...

Which, in my humble opinion seems to make The USDA more culpable in the coverup since they knew this back in 2008.

In any case, this is not about stars and flags. I put my heart into this thread, as I am certain that this is a danger to all of humanity, and nature.

Its not just people that consume grains, fruits and vegetables.
edit on 23-1-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by wayouttheredude

I posted a thread about this nearly a week ago.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Starred and Flagged. That leak exposed the EPA. Good work

Edit to clarify...all of the three letter and four letter agencies...expose them all.

edit on 23-1-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5  6 >>

join