It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Caught Red Handed! USDA Bee Extinction Study Kept Secret!

page: 1
<<   2  3  4 >>

join
share:
+87 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:22 PM
link   

Exposed! A Study on bee extinction conducted years ago by the USDA has been kept secret and hidden from the public!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/2c50d2215bd7.jpg[/atsimg]

The "disclosed" facts of this study were twisted, the public has been lied to in order to hide
one of the real causes of Colony Collapse Disorder!

Bees in The United States, and now Britian have been brought to near extinction due to this cover-up!

The results of the study conducted by the USDA proved that even
in microscopic doses the new pesticides manufactured and patented by Bayer
are causing
Colony Collapse Disorder!

This is potentially game-changing research for understanding Colony Collapse Disorder.

Yet a top USDA Bee Researcher has intentionally kept the studies facts a secret!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/c02356dec320.jpg[/atsimg]

The American study ... has demonstrated that the insects’ vulnerability to infection is increased by the presence of imidacloprid, even at the most microscopic doses. Dr. Pettis and his team found that increased disease infection happened even when the levels of the insecticide were so tiny that they could not subsequently be detected in the bees, although the researchers knew that they had been dosed with it.

grist.org

the lead researcher at the USDA’s very own Bee Research Laboratory completed research two years ago suggesting that even extremely low levels of exposure to neonicotinoids makes bees more vulnerable to harm from common pathogens.

So why on earth are they still in use on million of acres of American farmland?

It has been over two years and this study is still witheld from pubication! "For reasons not specified" ???

Well we know well why this study has not been published!

For reasons not specified in the Independent article, the USDA’s Jeffrey Pettis has so far not published his research. “[It] was completed almost two years ago but it has been too long in getting out,” he told the newspaper. “I have submitted my manuscript to a new journal but cannot give a publication date or share more of this with you at this time.”

New Pesticides Are Killing Honeybee Population Worldwide

A new generation of pesticides could be to blame for Britain's vanishing honeybees, a study has shown.
The chemicals, which are routinely used on farms and garden centres, attack the central systems of insects and make bee colonies more vulnerable to disease and pests, researchers say.
The claims, which appear in an unpublished study carried out at the US Department of Agriculture's Bee Research Laboratory, add to the evidence that pesticides are partly responsible for the mysterious decline of one of the world's best loved insects.

2010 article quotes USDA Top Bee Researcher as he lies through his teeth!

“We believe that some subtle interactions between nutrition, pesticide exposure and other stressors are converging to kill colonies,” said Jeffery Pettis, of the ARS’s bee research laboratory.

Alison Benjamin The Gaurdian, May 4, 2010

So there we have it! In his own words, he said "subtle interactions" when he knew the truth!
And the truth is that even at the most microscopic doses these pesticides are deadly to the bees!

That was three years ago, it has now reached a crisis of near extinction for the Bumblebees!

It seems the more we know the deeper the rabbit hole goes!

Do we really think that all of the recent food safety legislation letting Monsanto
and Bayer have a backdoor pass in the USDA stage of destruction is going to save us?

I dont know about your thoughts, but mine are that if we lose the bees, we dont have long.

I urge all of you to do your own research, find out the truth!

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/3bee38eec546.jpg[/atsimg]

And if you come to the same conclusions, please share this information with everyone you know!

Bumblebees Near Extincition

Food "Safety" Bill Empowers Monsanto To Control Food Industry

www.aloelf.com...

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/062fd14cc910.jpg[/atsimg]
edit on 22-1-2011 by burntheships because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:41 PM
link   
I found this video relating to Birds deaths in Yankton South Dakota..
A brief on what happen:
(NaturalNews) Not all the mysterious bird die-offs that have been witnessed around the globe recently are due to unexplained causes. A recent mass die-off event witnessed in Yankton, South Dakota was traced back to the USDA which admitted to carrying out a mass poisoning of the birds.

After hundreds of starlings were found dead in the Yankton Riverside Park, concerned citizens began to investigate. Before long, a USDA official called the local police and admitted they had poisoned the birds. "They say that they had poisoned the birds about ten miles south of Yankton and they were surprised they came to Yankton like they did and died in our park," says Yankton Animal Control Officer Lisa Brasel, as reported by KTIV

I have yet to be successful with embedding but here goes nothing
can someone embedd this for me...I falied once again
id="dtvplayer" width="480" height="360"> type="application/x-shockwave-flash" width="480" height="360" allowFullScreen="true" "http://www.disclose.tv/swf/player.swf" flashvars="config=http://www.disclose.tv/videos/config/mp4/64917.js"/> Disclose.tv - USDA responsible for mass poisoning of birds Video
edit on 22-1-2011 by prexparte because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:50 PM
link   
reply to post by prexparte

I think this is the video you have in mind.

Bees, birds, and all of us facing a poisioned future thanks to the USDA!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
reply to post by burntheships

I just finished reading an article that claims once the bees are gone, 4 years later humans will also be extinct. I think it's common for the big companies like Bayer and Monsanto to pay for scientists to cover up the truth, because the truth would cause the public to demand they close up shop. With enough people exposing what's really going on, maybe someone in a position to bring it to public awareness will do so. Thanks for your post. Link to the article I was reading earlier is at
______beforeitsnews/story/370/359/Einstein_Gives_Humans_4_years_After_Bee_extinctions.html

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:57 PM
link   
Just because of this notion of 'bee's' disappearing...I am doing my part.
I refuse to mow my grass alot, just so it 'looks nice', in order to keep all the flowering plants.
For the bee's.

Now, I do mow my lawn a few times, but when I see clover flowers in my yard, I refrain.
It seems right.
Don't know if it's right, but anything might help I suppose.

I have noticed that last year I spotted several dozen honeybees's in my yard.
Which I hardly noticed before.
I might not have been paying that much attention in the prior years.

I digress.
Anything we as humans, can do to help nature, is a good thing.
Bee's help my garden, too!

edit on 22-1-2011 by havok because: deleted a period.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:59 PM
link   
Very Nice, OP!

Your post was well put together. I will definitely be investigating further and encouraging others to do the same!

S&F

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   

Yes thank you...I feel this falls inline to the OP`s Thread.

+1 more 
posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:02 PM
link   
It's obvious with the bees gone big corp will be able to push GMO foods on us as a necessity.
edit on 22-1-2011 by gougitousakusha because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   

This goes back toThursday, 22 May 2003. This was an early indicator most people missed. Joe Scarborough briefly mentioned it on his show. The top of the article displays Bayer's attitude of concern for human life, especially the sick. The bottom gave a heads up on a future assault. I wont buy their aspirin, their dog/cat pharmies nothing. I despise Bayed Pharmaceuticals.
www.ahrp.org...

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:07 PM
link   
Good one-page summary at Wikipedia.

It sounds like the bees are voting for organic agriculture, and that they won't take 'no' for an answer.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:12 PM
link   

Bayer and Monsanto make their deal -
2007 article.

www.foodnavigator-usa.com...
edit on 22-1-2011 by spinkyboo because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
Thanks for posting this.

It was pretty obvious to many people from day one that fake foods and pesticides logically would have had to have played a very large role in this. Those people endured a great deal of ridicule and vilification as it was kind of hard to prove though without having all the facts and having them covered up to boot.

There is no need to lie to us about something that effects all of us in the end. They are not all-knowing and all-powerful or missioned to determine what we can and cannot handle. They do not have any right to make decisions to hide or keep things from us.

This makes me pretty angry. What are we going to do about it?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Productivemind

Originally posted by Productivemind

because the truth would cause the public to demand they close up shop.

Thats the truth, and its obvious we have Monsanto and Bayer in the back door now in our USDA.

They want to now "co-exist" with the Organic Farming industry.

Yeah, now that they have brought the bees to the brink of extinction!

I read it somehere, and I quote "Co - Exist - Hell No!"

We would be extinct soon ourselves!

I am not sure how many years we have, or if this can even be turned back?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   
reply to post by havok

Bees love clover. Thats one way to help, imo.

I also think that I will never allow pesticides on my property again, and I have not in a decade.

I am willing to do whatever it takes, at this stage looking at a few weeds
before I can pull them is the least I can do. Back to the "weedeater".

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:28 PM
link   

Imidacloprid is a systemic insecticide produced by the chemical firm Bayer AG. In France it was sold under the name Gaucho and its use is highly controversial as it is believed to be responsible for high losses in bees. According to the National Union of French Beekeepers (UNAF), the number of hives in France has plummeted to one million in 2003, from 1.45 million in 1996. Between 1995 and 2001, the average production of honey went from 75 kg/hive down to 30 kg/hive. The AFFSA (equivalent of the US FDA) indicate the national production went down from 40,000 tons to 25,000 tons per year. French beekeepers claim that Imidacloprid, as a seed treatment for sunflowers, has killed many bees and caused a significant drop in honey production. Some requested that systemic insecticide use be withdrawn from crops where bees might be affected, while others called for a complete ban on its use.

wikipedia

So its been an ongoing issue and the chemical is still being used. Why is this stuff still on the market?
edit on 22-1-2011 by robile because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirjunlegun

This goes back toThursday, 22 May 2003. This was an early indicator most people missed.

From your article link -

An examination of internal Bayer company documents by The New York Times reveals that the company was engaged in unsavory, probably criminal marketing practices. The documents reveal that Bayer continued to sell contaminated blood plasma causing thousands of hemophiliac patients to be infected with AIDS.

I do remember that now that your mention it!

Bayer!

I will do the same, boycott them!
They really dont care about anything but the NASDAQ!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:07 PM
link   
reply to post by spinkyboo

Spinky,

Thanks for that link, I was looking for that!

reply to post by ~Lucidity

At the bottom of this page there is a link to the petition.
Signed!
www.grist.org...

action.fooddemocracynow.org...

reply to post by robile

Good question. It appears that they suppressed the truth presicely to keep that from happening!

So, let’s get this straight. The chief scientist at the top U.S. government bee-science institute completed research two years ago implicating a widely used, EPA-approved pesticide in what can plausibly be called an ecological catastrophe—the possible extinction of honeybees, which pollinate a huge portion of U.S. crops. Why are we just now hearing about this—and why are we only hearing about it through an obscure documentary filtered through a British newspaper?

www.grist.org...

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:19 PM
link   

S & F

Thanks for posting this.....

Another good thread on topic....

Monsanto - Bayer Engineering Death: Bees, Bats and You?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by SLAYER69

S & F

Thanks for posting this.....

Another good thread on topic....

Monsanto - Bayer Engineering Death: Bees, Bats and You?

Slayer, your thread is beyond good, its excellent! Thanks for dropping in...

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   

Originally posted by sirjunlegun

This goes back toThursday, 22 May 2003. This was an early indicator most people missed. Joe Scarborough briefly mentioned it on his show. The top of the article displays Bayer's attitude of concern for human life, especially the sick. The bottom gave a heads up on a future assault. I wont buy their aspirin, their dog/cat pharmies nothing. I despise Bayed Pharmaceuticals.
www.ahrp.org...

Said it before and will say it again...Bayer was one of Joseph Mengele's babies. It was one of the companies that sponsered the drugs that kept the Third Reich on the march. Bayer created the drug heroine from opiates...and of course we all know how "creative" the Doctor could be.

Bayer joined with I.G. Farbin along with 5 other companies in 1925. During WWII they were instrumental in helping produce Cyklon B the gas used in the Gas Chambers. When the war was over, Bayer became it's own company again. Fritz ter Meer, one of Bayer's excutives served 7 years for war crimes and was hired back by Bayer in 1956 after his release as head of the supervisory board.

Just with this little bit of info, it is quite clear that just like ALL of big Pharma out there, and Monsanto...they most definitely are not out to help us, but to KILL us...just like the Bees.

On another side...Honey has many uses in it's raw form from an antibiotic (Big Pharma wants control of that) and some folks say that honey even has the ability to keep us young...we all know that without honey as it is, it would most definitely be a devastating loss to mankind.

Note: some of my information came from wikipedia.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3  4 >>

join