It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

ATF ‘walking’ guns across Mexican border!

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
This is the type of action we have heard whispered about by the ATFE but proof has been thin. Now it looks like actual agents of the ATFE who wish to cleanup the agencies act have taken an active part in this endeavor to spill the beans! It leads directly to this administration in DC!

Zindo

Excerpt of the article and the original piece at WND:

Original WND article

"Walking Gun" project!

Jeff Knox of The Firearms Coalition has reported on the developing “Project Gunwalker” story in his WorldNetDaily “Knox Report” column.

“Did U.S. agency smuggle guns to Mexico to justify its budget?” his headline asks. Knox summarizes the allegations:

There are actually four separate but connected accusations against ATF officials: First, that they intentionally arranged to have hundreds of firearms "walked" across the U.S. border into Mexico. Second, that they instructed U.S. gun dealers to proceed with questionable and illegal sales of firearms to suspected gunrunners. Third, that they intentionally withheld information about U.S.-sanctioned gun smuggling from the Mexican government. Fourth, that one of the guns ATF allowed or helped to be smuggled into Mexico was involved in the death of Agent Terry.

Knox also defines the primary efforts focused on in the past few days:

At this point everything hinges on whether some member of Congress will step up and offer protection to the whistleblowers so the facts can be brought out into the open.

Continue reading on Examiner.com: Knox reports on ‘Project Gunwalker’ - National gun rights | Examiner.com www.examiner.com...

edit on 1/22/2011 by ZindoDoone because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
A walking gun? Like the robot - Big Dog? They have finally finished prototyping and moved into mass production eh? I'm sure my Benelli can take out a few of em'

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Reply to post by ZindoDoone

At this point everything hinges on whether some member of Congress will step up and offer protection to the whistleblowers so the facts can be brought out into the open.

Well, let's see. The "left" would lose their whole "we need to ban guns to keep them from Mexican gangs" soapbox.

The "right" would lose the "open border encouraging terrorism" soapbox.

All we'd be left with it our very own "hey, the government not only lied to us but actively engaged in hurting us" soapbox.

Yeah, I dont see congress stepping up for these whistle-blowers anytime soon.

Posted Via ATS Mobile: m.abovetopsecret.com

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by ZindoDoone

It seems these days corruption knows no bounds.
And the whistleblowers these days usually meet an unpleasant end!

ATF sordid history takes another turn for the worse!

Do keep us updated Zindo, with the heat in Arizona - this could be huge.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:43 PM
link   
People also forget a very salient point about both Ruby Ridge and Waco. Appropriations for the ATFE were being considered in Congress at the time of BOTH these tragedies! "Never let a crisis go to waste" is rampant at ATFE and those in charge, Specially when they create them in house! Entrapment by these bozo's is their game plan. The use of those firearms dealers in Texas and then throwing them under the bus is FUBAR and 'situation normal' for the ATFE!

Gun shop used by ATFE

Zindo
edit on 1/22/2011 by ZindoDoone because: forgot link

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   
Good find. This sounds just like the ATF's MO, running guns across the border then making a stink about how Americans are "selling" guns to Mexican cartels.
Given the sheer number of murders in Mexico then the ATF is no doubt an accessory to murder(s) across the borders.
I truly hope these whistleblowers have the guts to bring the facts out.
These abc agencies have run amok too long. I hope this brings the ATF back down to Earth.

bump

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:06 PM
link   
Thanks! As one who is involved with trying to rein in the North East elitists and their attempts to disarm us with Unconstitutional and unworkable laws, I am very aware of the workings of this agency. However, the agents I have had dealings with do not seem to be the rogues that are running this circus. Most are interested and helpful when needed! The group trying to stop these zealots are taking their very lives in hand, have no doubts about that. They are in danger!
Zindo

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
I believe it when they say the plot runs to the very top of the organisation.I think thats where youll find most of the guilty parties too....
I wouldnt put it past the three letter cowwboys to be entangled six ways from sunday in this thing.
It has all the earmarks of CIA, DEA,and other even more esoteric ones.
The whole picture is very scary and i believe goes right to the very tip top.
Foriegn policy and future agendas are being served here....long term results are being played for as well as short term profits.

new topics

top topics

join