It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Trichophyton rubrum Fungus found to be Extraterrestrial

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
I recently heard that the fungus Trichophyton rubrum was found to be extraterrestrial in origin. What do you guys say? Could this be possible? How would it have gotten here? Could this be proof of panspermia?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:15 PM
link   
reply to post by ossminid

Any proof?

I hardly think that Athlete's foot, which is the fungus you're referring to, is extraterrestrial.

Please put any links or references, otherwise it is just hearsay...

~Namaste
edit on 22-1-2011 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
interesting if true but how do they figure?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Maybe from the space olympics:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:34 PM
link   

jcm.asm.org...

According to this there is no basis for singling out the Athlete’s foot fungus as extra terrestrial given the molecular studies on it.

From a taxonomic analysis below you can see it fits in with the classification there I would argue it is of a terrestrial origin.

www.uniprot.org...

Just because something is a pain in the foot we cannot assume it is extraterrestrial in origin. Unless panspermia happened on a very wide scale.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:19 PM
link   

MICROBIOLOGICAL INVESTIGATIONS

Apparently its used to test contamination and deconamination protocols in an effort to prevent ET microbial contamination. If you search that term, it comes up a lot with terestrial and extraterrestrial attached to it, but all the articles are talking about are contamination protocols and what not.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:20 PM
link   
So now I can blame my burning feet to ET dumps on the planet, excellent now help me get a sam sight on my house to stop it.....All joking aside no I do not think it is non-terrestrial fungus.

top topics

join