It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Yellow Goo Falls from Sky in New York

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:47 AM
link   
I love stuff like this....

The FAA has launched an investigation after a mysterious greenish-yellow goo fell from the skies and splattered homes in Snyder, New York on Tuesday. Homes along Washington Highway and Berryman Drive are now coated in yellow or green icicles. Walls and pavements are splashed with a bizarre deep brown substance. Neighbours said the mystery substance appeared between the hours of 9am and midnight on Tuesday. The colour and texture of the goo immediately sparked fears of 'blue ice' - that is, frozen human excrement known to fall from airplanes passing overhead, ABC News reported. However the FAA swiftly launched an investigation and discarded that possibility. A spokesman told ABC: 'The local flight standards inspectors investigated the situation and determined it was not from an aircraft.' So what could it be? The town waste engineer said they are looking in to it - and have already come across some rather distasteful theories.

Yellow Goo Fall

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:50 AM
link   
reply to post by ossminid

Oh come on...nothing to see here...move along

2nd

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by ossminid
The colour and texture of the goo immediately sparked fears of 'blue ice' - that is, frozen human excrement known to fall from airplanes passing overhead, ABC News reported. However the FAA swiftly launched an investigation and discarded that possibility.

Yeah, okay.

So what other "goo" is yellow and brown?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:09 PM
link   

just give it the old sniff test.

As they say, if it walks like a duck, and quacks like a duck.......

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

Yeah, okay.

Lemon meringue pie maybe? Greasy McDonald's bird poop? Who knows, was just posting an interesting article.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Not to state the obvious, but could it have come from an airplane?

Or maybe a VERY large bird?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   
Reminds me alot of that 'star jelly' i saw on a documentary, i cant remember what it was, it was a while ago since i watched it. Heres a link to the show if your interested in it.

channel.nationalgeographic.com/episode/blood-rain-and-star- jelly-4555

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:17 PM
link   
reply to post by v1rtu0s0

Or a very large flock of very large birds that had some bad chinese food before heading north?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:21 PM
link   
reply to post by Spinster

Thanks spinster. Despite this being a most likely mundane cause (the yellow goo) there are many accounts of strange "falls" over the years. An intriguing mystery.......to some anyway. Water spouts and airplanes to others, lol.

Check this one out.....

On March 9, 1876, a shower of meat fell near the house of Allen Crouch, who lived near Olympian Springs, covering a strip of ground about one hundred yards in length and fifty wide. The sky was perfectly clear at the time, and she said it fell like large snowflakes, the pieces as a general thing not being much larger. Two gentlemen, who tasted the meat, express the opinion that it was a either mutton or venison

query.nytimes.com...
edit on 22-1-2011 by ossminid because: added content

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:22 PM
link   
From the article:

'She said it's actually because the seagulls eat fast food at McDonald's, which upsets their digestive tract,' Ms Kistner explained. The seagulls were eating leftover French fries out of paper bags discarded in the parking lots, the woman apparently claimed.

The woman's bizarre account may not be that far enough. Bird experts who have examined images of the goo actually agree they do resemble bird droppings - though seagulls were ruled innocent. Instead, according to Cornell's Lab of Ornithology, the droppings may be from a large flock of birds often found in upstate New York in January - European starlings.

Another sign that something is amiss with the birds? Or perhaps just a friendly reminder from nature to steer clear of the plastic and chemicals McDonald's calls "food"?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:26 PM
link   
reply to post by Symer

So McDonald's french fries are killing the starlings?

Sounds plausible to me, probably because they outlawed trans-fat. The birds were doing ok eating this stuff before, but with the new plasticized, go right through you requirements, there is no nutrition and the birds are starving? Or crashing from gas pains?

No kidding, people drown over gas cramps, why couldn't a flock of birds spiral and crash over gas cramps?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by ossminid

Yeah, okay.

Lemon meringue pie maybe? Greasy McDonald's bird poop? Who knows, was just posting an interesting article.

...and I thank you!

Thanks for the article!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:00 PM
link   

I cut my teeth on reading the works of Charles Fort, "Lo!." "New Lands," and "Book of the Damned." He took his material from newspaper files in the NY public library, having basically spent his later life therein collecting strange articles from all over the world about colored rain, little creatures falling from the sky, etc. Yes, even early UFO reports.

Understand however, he collected from the days of "yellow journalism" of which Mark Twain/Samual Clements was a reporter earlier in his career. Especially suspect are most of those "mysterious airships" of the late 1880s and 1890s. They are to be taken with a grain of salt. Sorta like Fox News. In those old days young boys hawked newspapers from street corners. The more lurrid the stories' details, the better. I have done research on some of them and they are always bogus if they have great, mysterious details. That is not to say that UFOs were not present in heavy numbers in that time. They definitely were. There are plenty of simple reports of fast moving lights in the sky stories, but stories of crashed airships, dead aliens, cows being hauled up are bogus and large locomotive-type wheels on these craft are intended to sell newspapers. Many town of any size had competing newspapers, so it was a furious business.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:07 PM
link   
It almost looks like old anti-freeze, but based on the description of the smell then airplane waste sounds plausible to me. I noticed the video had not been posted so I embedded it for the OP.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:50 PM
link   
Ide say its some kinda cloud or water droplett contamination. Myabe the stuff they were spraying near little rock last week? radioactive waste maybe? silver iodide?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
Yep not far from this area saw this on the news a few days ago but heres the link.
www.wgrz.com...

BUFFALO, NY - The Federal Aviation Administration confirms it is investigating the concerns of residents in a section of suburban Amherst, who believe their homes were fouled by lavatory discharge from a passing airliner.

"Nothing like this has ever happened here before," said Diane Rapini.

Rapini's home is one of roughly a dozen along a two block stretch of Washington Hwy. which are sporting greenish-yellow icicles from their eaves and smatterings of a brown substance on their siding. There is also a generous dose of the material on the sidewalks.

"We first noticed it on Tuesday (January 11) ...we had gone shopping we came home and our whole garage door had been hit with this green spatter all over the place," Rapini recalled.

Thought it was kinda strange as well. For the people not familiar with the area Snyder is a suburb of Buffalo NY.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by jaynkeel

"We first noticed it on Tuesday (January 11) ...we had gone shopping we came home and our whole garage door had been hit with this green spatter all over the place," Rapini recalled.

This doesn't make sense to me. If it's bird poop, how is it getting all over a garage door? Most garage doors are underneath some sort of overhanging roof, and even if not, they are recessed into the wall by at least an inch or two. If birds were sitting right on the edge of the roof over the garage door, and pooping like crazy, the force of the ejection would have to be pretty exceptional to make it splatter back up onto and all over the door. The door wouldn't get many direct hits, if any at all, from the falling poop, as it's at least a few inches inset and protected from the direct line of poop trajectory downward. A few birds would have to all take off from the ground right next to the door, facing away from it, having violently explosive poops while they took to the air to hit the door directly.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:22 PM
link   

If I am correct there was a thread a few days ago about the same kind of 'goo' in a completely different state. Makes you wonder

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:24 PM
link   
Ghostbusters 2 all over again, although I think their goo was orangish red. That's what I thought when I first read this, pretty strange, no doubt it's coming from ghosts or airplanes.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 04:30 PM
link   

Originally posted by v1rtu0s0
Not to state the obvious, but could it have come from an airplane?

Well, according to the article, No. The FAA quickly ruled out that it had anything to do with airplanes, though initial fears were that it was blue ice.... Frozen human waste that is known to fall from planes. But... The experts on aviation say there are no signs that it was from a plane and are currently investigating...

For what that is worth.

new topics

top topics

join