It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

What we might experience during the initial shift.

page: 4
<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by stereologist

How to tell if something is happening? Well if you can't tell something is happening, then it's probably not happening to you yet. For those who ARE experiencing indescribable spiritual events, they CAN tell it's happening. Don't worry, in a matter of months, most of you will relate to this experience, and you will realize the difficulty in communicating it to the sleeping among us.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:38 AM
link   

No more than your beats based on faith.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
reply to post by doubledutch

For an adult it feels more like a wave. It often happens when the mind is disengaged or doing mundane things they take for granted.

When it happens in meditation it can give the sensation of weightlessness.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   
reply to post by Visitor2012

EVERYTHING is faith based. You have to have faith in scientific evidence as well.

This generalization is false. Not everything is faith based. The scientific method allows people to repeat experiments and verify independently whether or not a claim is true.

This claim about something happening is faith based. There is no evidence or means of verifying the veracity of the claim. Some statements are so vague as to claim that it is beyond matter and mind.

It seems more and more that many people are wearing the Emperor's new clothes.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
reply to post by doubledutch

just because you cant feel it doesn't mean it isn't happening.

That is true and I agreed. So I asked how to tell if it is happening and all I get is some waffling woo-woo how it is ephemeral.

Funny thing is a year ago I would have had a similar approach to this as you, just without the weird attitude and miss placed arrogance.

Your wrong although your posts have an obvious sneer and an inferiority complex that rears itself in the form of temper tantrums.

The problem here is that I ask how people can tell and it really seems that no one can. There is this temptation to want to join the group, be a part of the gang so to speak. You see it in all sorts of spiritual groupings where want to be part of a group. They want to feel as if they belong. Why should this be any different even if the group has a virtual meeting?

PS the name is stereologist, not sterio just as you are doubledutch not doltch.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   

How to tell if something is happening? Well if you can't tell something is happening, then it's probably not happening to you yet. For those who ARE experiencing indescribable spiritual events, they CAN tell it's happening. Don't worry, in a matter of months, most of you will relate to this experience, and you will realize the difficulty in communicating it to the sleeping among us.

See this isn't so hard is it? Here we have a prediction that "in a matter of months, most of you will relate to this experience."

So let me see if I can nail this down a bit.

Does "in a matter of months" mean 1 to 3 months, 3 to 6 months, 6 to 12 months, or what?
Does "most of you" mean 1% of the population, 5% of the population, 50% of the population, or what?

If enough people experience this do you think it will be newsworthy or not?

Your claim is that something is happening and more will happen I want to know how this prediction can be seen as clear cut evidence for this event.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   

im not even going to bother, it's pointless. please stop de-railing the thread

edit on 15-2-2011 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:44 PM
link   
reply to post by antar

you mention them relating to being prepared...?

I get waves of what feels like energy running up my spine during and after meditating, it started once I had awakened my kundalini - is this what you mean?

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   

Originally posted by stereologist
reply to post by antar

In other words, there is no evidence and this is faith based.

Yes, you are right this is faith based, at least partially, brought on by experiences.

This is the philosophy and metaphysics section after all, I didn't know that proof was needed to discuss metaphysics or our experiences?

I'm sorry but we're having a discussion here, we're not really debating - we're sharing, and you're very much derailing the discussion in my opinion. This isn't about proof, this is intangible like the TAO.. the only way to find out if there's anything to it is to practice.

"Those who practice know whether realization is attained or not, just as those who drink water know whether it is hot or cold." —Dogen

Are you here to share, are you even interested in the subject? Or are you just looking to argue with people?

Cause I don't think that's what most of us interested in this are looking for.. maybe the thread was framed the wrong way, but I don't think so. The OP just had some thoughts he wanted to share, he even included "might" in the title of the thread. He's not calling it a fact, I just think he wants to share and get feedback.

We can't prove this to you, is that what you want to hear? Yes, we might be delusional.. but what's it to you?
Are our 'delusions' disturbing your reality or causing you any angst?

Let us wonder with awe over the mysteries of the universe without snide remarks, demands of proof or people telling us we're on drugs or insane. Like another poster wrote, if you're approaching this thread in that way maybe this isn't for you?

I get the feeling that deep down you might really be interested in this, but also that you're very much on guard.
And that's fine..
There must be a reason you frequent this site after all.

This isn't a battleground..

I have said what I wanted to say, I'm at peace.. are you?

As for the scientific method being faith based, I was under the impression that the scientific method was based on axiomatic truths, is that correct? You're the scientist, not me.

I present to you the dream argument:

en.wikipedia.org...

I also suggest that those of us that are interested in this topic just ignore the people that's clearly only here to argue about anything - everything - whatever they can grasp at.

I myself am guilty of this with this post, but I felt that I had to get this off my chest, so excuse me for being a hypocrite.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Respectfully, I don't get it. Are you saying that the magnetic pole shift will cause the symptoms you are describing? That those symptoms are caused directly by the reversal in magnetic polarity?

If you are claiming that the magnetic reversal/polarity swap will cause those symptoms, then why doesn't it occur to people who live in the Rockies where the magnetic fields are already out of sync with the planetary magnetic fields? What about people who live near high voltage power lines that emmit high EMFs? Why didn't the lunar astronauts experience out of body incidents when they moved beyond the influence of Earth's MF?

Maybe you're not talking about magnetic pole shift at all....

edit on 15-2-2011 by Blarneystoner because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:06 PM
link   

EVERYTHING is faith based. You have to have faith in scientific evidence as well.

This generalization is false. Not everything is faith based. The scientific method allows people to repeat experiments and verify independently whether or not a claim is true.

This claim about something happening is faith based. There is no evidence or means of verifying the veracity of the claim. Some statements are so vague as to claim that it is beyond matter and mind.

It seems more and more that many people are wearing the Emperor's new clothes.

Science is theory, it isn't fact. Wouldn't you agree that a person needs great faith to believe a theory? After all, it's your life on the line.

edit on 15-2-2011 by Visitor2012 because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:40 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

Respectfully, I don't get it. Are you saying that the magnetic pole shift will cause the symptoms you are describing? That those symptoms are caused directly by the reversal in magnetic polarity?

If you are claiming that the magnetic reversal/polarity swap will cause those symptoms, then why doesn't it occur to people who live in the Rockies where the magnetic fields are already out of sync with the planetary magnetic fields? What about people who live near high voltage power lines that emmit high EMFs? Why didn't the lunar astronauts experience out of body incidents when they moved beyond the influence of Earth's MF?

Maybe you're not talking about magnetic pole shift at all....

Great post and good questions. There are plenty of Internet resources available, that help to scientifically describe the affects magnetic fields have on our cognition abilities.

I can only assume that the Earth's magnetic field can influence our own fields. Good question, why not in the mountains? I'm not sure, however if the overall magnetic field of the entire earth shifted, it would no doubt affect every living thing in a unique way. It could very well wipe our brain hard drive clean, bringing us to a childlike state, resetting our cognitive and perceptive realities by erasing our current cognitive and perceptive constructs.

I

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 03:51 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

This is the philosophy and metaphysics section after all, I didn't know that proof was needed to discuss metaphysics or our experiences?

I won't accuse you of being a liar as you did in another thread. We are actually in the 2012 forum.

This isn't about proof

demands of proof

I never asked for proof.

He's not calling it a fact

I'm not looking for facts either. I just want to know how anyone can tell something is happening. Call it a rule of thumb that can be used to tell if something is happening.

You're the scientist, not me.

This is the second time you've made this claim.

Your post to me misses the point. All I keep asking is how can I or anyone tell that something is happening. I'm looking for something tangible. There are claims that this is going to affect a lot of people and soon. I'm just trying to figure out what this means.

If in 1 year nothing appears to be happening am I going to hear, "Be patient it's almost here." If in 5 years nothing is happening am I going to hear that same line? If in 50 years nothing is happening is that same line going to be used.

Thanks for the reference to the dream state, but how is this pertinent? Thanks for the response.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 04:48 PM
link   

Well... I already know that the Earth's Geomagnetic field is not very strong, even compared to a regular magnet. When you compare the EGM Field to say... an MRI... it's almost insignificant.

The reason I asked you is to find out if there were other phenomena you anticipate taking place to cause the symptoms you are describing because I don't think a GM field reversal would have much of an effect on Humans.

Granted, some species of birds and fish use the Earth's GM field to navigate but those creatures actually have small particles of Loadstone in their heads that act like compasses.

Anyway...

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:20 PM
link   

Originally posted by Blarneystoner

Well... I already know that the Earth's Geomagnetic field is not very strong, even compared to a regular magnet. When you compare the EGM Field to say... an MRI... it's almost insignificant.

The reason I asked you is to find out if there were other phenomena you anticipate taking place to cause the symptoms you are describing because I don't think a GM field reversal would have much of an effect on Humans.

Granted, some species of birds and fish use the Earth's GM field to navigate but those creatures actually have small particles of Loadstone in their heads that act like compasses.

Anyway...

I have read how a change of only a few degrees in the ocean temperature, can have a tremendous affect on marine life. A few degrees may not be noticeable to us, but it has a serious affect on the marine life sensitive to it. I believe that we have always, collectively functioned off of the foundation of our Earth's magnetic ether, I believe that we will exponentially become more sensitive to it as years pass.

A few clicks difference in Earth's magnetic field may not make much difference in the cognitive experience of humans who are not sensitive to it. However, because it is exponential (accelerating), I believe all of us (top to bottom) are going to get scooped up in it's influence soon. Today you might be scientific, next year you might find yourself on ATS talking about angels, immortality and reincarnation!

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

Ask yourself this, are you actively pursuing a spiritual path? Do you practice meditation? Are you trying to have metaphysical experiences?

And I'm not just talking about some half assed attempt at trying to astrally project, I'm talking real dedication.
A burning passion that guides your life, a passion that probably is the most important thing in your life?

You usually don't get anywhere without real effort and a real desire.

Now, I don't know the specifics of this subject, hell, I'm not even sure I believe in it. I don't know the rules or what's going to happen. It's so subjective, so unquantifiable that I doubt someone like you would even find it meaningful or worthy of any consideration even if it did happen.

Things like synchronicity, that can be chalked off so easily as coincidence.. unless it gets really intense to a ridiculous degree.

I don't know if it affects people not actively pursuing it. It does seem so to me, but I'm far from sure.

You would have to ask someone with more insight and understanding, and even that seems fairly hard to come by since a lot of us just have a general feeling that something really big is around the corner, along with various paranormal experiences, flashes of insight, synchronicity or meaningful lucid dreams.

If I was to describe the general feeling of my life the last couple of years, and the changes to my worldview and even personality since then, I would have to say it's like I stepped into the Twilight Zone or something.. but mostly in a good way. In tarot it would be symbolised by the Tower of my outer reality crashing down.

If I was to give advice, I always advice people to know themselves, thoroughly. Especially their dark side since it seems a lot of people are afraid to face their demons, their shadow.
Accept and integrate your masculine and feminine qualities.

I don't know if that's of any relevance or worth to you. You didn't really ask me for advice so.. just throwin' it out there.

Why do you wanna know? Are you interested, excited or hoping for something to happen or are you just humoring us?

Maybe you should take up meditation.. maybe meditate on this question.
Even if you don't have any objectives it is still just plain old good for you, it can't hurt..
Might be worth thinking about anyway.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 05:40 PM
link   

See this isn't so hard is it? Here we have a prediction that "in a matter of months, most of you will relate to this experience."

So let me see if I can nail this down a bit.

Does "in a matter of months" mean 1 to 3 months, 3 to 6 months, 6 to 12 months, or what?
Does "most of you" mean 1% of the population, 5% of the population, 50% of the population, or what?

If enough people experience this do you think it will be newsworthy or not?

Your claim is that something is happening and more will happen I want to know how this prediction can be seen as clear cut evidence for this event.

I am experiencing something I find very difficult to explain, but I am greatfull I have the opportunity to share. There is a wealth of information to be gleaned from the cognitive experiences of the ether that surrounds us. There is a small veil that separates us from that experience, that veil is strengthened by our reactive thinking.

When? It's already happening and it is growing.
Why don't you see it? I don't know. Perhaps you will be among those who will see and experience it, perhaps not. Wish I knew. But I can share my experience nonetheless and claim whatever I feel I must.

posted on Feb, 15 2011 @ 11:00 PM
link   
reply to post by TheLaughingGod

It is time to friend you. Yes it is experiential. Thank you.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 03:55 PM
link   

I have read how a change of only a few degrees in the ocean temperature, can have a tremendous affect on marine life. A few degrees may not be noticeable to us, but it has a serious affect on the marine life sensitive to it. I believe that we have always, collectively functioned off of the foundation of our Earth's magnetic ether, I believe that we will exponentially become more sensitive to it as years pass.

A few clicks difference in Earth's magnetic field may not make much difference in the cognitive experience of humans who are not sensitive to it. However, because it is exponential (accelerating), I believe all of us (top to bottom) are going to get scooped up in it's influence soon. Today you might be scientific, next year you might find yourself on ATS talking about angels, immortality and reincarnation!

How can you equate a few degrees in the ocean with the Earth's magnetic field. Consider the amount of energy. It takes a tremendous amount of energy to heat the oceans even 1 degree C. The amount of energy int he Earth's magnetic field is minuscule in comparison.

You do know that something accelerating is quite different than an exponential change? Right? The Earth's magnetic field strength has been declining in a nearly linear fashion for 150 years.

There are rooms where the Earth's magnetic field can be eliminated. Or an artificial field can be created which does not match the orientation of the Earth's field. These are used to test questions about biological organisms and their ability to sense the Earth's field. People don't change working in these places. Why would a change in the Earth's field change people? What about the astronauts on the ISS? Are they changing because they are living in a different magnetic field than we are?

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:27 PM
link   
Hiya, its seems uncanny to me how many people seem to be having dreams about immense light & energy, then dreams about planets and possible out of body experiences! I've been on the look out for them since I made my introduction a couple of weeks ago, but unfortunatly I haven't had chance to comment on most threads as my internet has been off for 8 days
But anyone who is interested, this was my introduction

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------ -----------
ok..here goes...

First off, Hi to everyone on here. I've signed up to this site after a couple of weeks reading through hundreds of pages of interesting thoughts, theories & discussions. To be honest I've been reluctant to sign up, despite being deeply intrigued by what I've seen. The reason for me holding myself back was I've seen some quite personal attacks on people who come forward with their feelings, and alot of the time it feels like they are insisting the person is mad...BUT...

I would have been EXACTLY the same as the attackers, until about a month ago! Since just before xmas 2010, I've been a hardcore skeptic and always believed science would explain everything, but something changed, and this is the tricky part. No-one can explain fully what the change is, how or why it happens, and the purpose for it happening, which makes it easy for people to debunk (like I said I would have been the debunker too)...however in the past month or so a change seems to be happening to me too. I've not talked about it until recently because the looks you get just make you feel mad but you yourself can feel it, and its not insanity!

My experience started with crying for no real reason. Just an immense overwhelming feeling of being happy! Then I started to worry when I was crying, but felt sad. Classic Psycho behaviour isnt it lol Well thats what i thought, but then all of a sudden I opened up and accepted it, and then the dreams started...just very odd ones, they felt like ordinary dreams at first but then they started feeling more like an out of body experience, in one of them, it felt like I could feel the stars and planets moving, and as insane as it sounds, it felt natual, like I was part of it all.. and that I'm seeing something going on in space (i don't know what/if any purpose to it was but it felt like it had a purpose, just I don't know why just yet, but its like I know the answer is coming) so when I woke up I just thought well that was weird.

It was about this time I started reading some threads on here about planets/stars etc.

Then the biggie came lol...

I had a normal day, not good, not bad, just normal...went to bed and had what I can only describe as a possible life changing event. This didnt feel like a dream, which is why I woke up my wife and said something along the lines of: "What the *$"R, was that about"

The "experience" I had would be what is typically described by those who have NDE.

I felt like an immense light just emerged, like it surrounded me, and that I too was becoming "the light" I expected it to be blinding and to want to shield my eyes as it started but it wasnt like that at all...I totally get it now when people say this light is made of immense warmth and love!! I started to move towards it and merge with it, It was like my soul was the light and all of a sudden my psyhical life was nothing to worry about leaving, this was meant to happen. So I started merging with this light and for a split second, I get scared, I feel mind literally say "^&3% I don't like this, I want to go back" and I turn to see my wife, I stretch out with one arm, and then for another split second I turn back to the warm loving light and say to my wife "No, its ok, I have to go"....

...I wake up! I guess in more ways than one!

For a total skeptic who berated my mam for going to see psychics, and always saying its science and research that answers/debunks these types of things...I am now starting to feel a little red-faced! This "experience"...I really don't know what word to use, but experience is the closest lol, yeah this experience has changed my perspective on everything. I don't know what has changed or why, but I too like a few others it seems, have this feeling of great change coming, I at first felt like I should be scared because their was going to be pain for some, but the longer I have these feelings, the more it replaced with a feeling of, they will live forever somewhere out their, and that psyhical sacrafice is needed to change this world as we know it.

..So to finish this long winded introduction off (sorry) I should tell you that all of the above was still not enough for me to share my experience. The game changer for me was 20minutes ago I rang my mam (yeah the one I berated for years) and we were having an ordinary conversation, she just asked how my son was (hes got tonsolitits - and sorry i cant spell) but then she said something along the lines of her partner feeling a bit diffrent recently, and my reply was "tell me about it"...I start explaining the above, and to my complete amazment the reply I get is "Person 1 (I wont use his name) has had that, it happened just before xmas, he woke up and said wow that was weird" My mam said he explained the same as me, a tunnel of light!! ....what any of this means I have no idea, but I'm honestly feeling their are too many coincidences now for this not to be something more...who knows but hey-ho I guess if their is or isnt, we will all find out soon enough!

..So their it goes, thats my introduction, Im not sure I can add anything more to this site but I just had to share it all after that phone call!

Thank you all for taking the time to read it, and please dont abuse me too much lol

new topics

top topics

<< 1  2  3    5 >>

join