It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Deadly CA crashes end with man beaten by a mob

page: 1
<<   2  3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   

Deadly CA crashes end with man beaten by a mob

www.msnbc.msn.com

In a bizarre and deadly chain of events, a pedestrian was twice struck by hit-and-run drivers, the woman who came to his aid was also hit, and finally the driver trying to help her was beaten and robbed by a mob, police said Friday.

The crashes on a busy Los Angeles-area boulevard left a man dead, a woman injured, a suspect arrested, and detectives stunned.

"This one had us scratching our heads," Capt. Mike Ishi told the Los Angeles Times. "It's in a league of its own."
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
What in the world is going on in California? I recently read that Los Angeles is officially the rudest city in the U.S. but this takes the cake.

To know that if you try to help someone in need there will be a mob there ready to kill you for a cellphone is terrible. I hope the people involved get their due.

www.msnbc.msn.com
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 1/22/2011 by PhantomLimb because: clarity

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:42 AM
link   
Maybe this is why people have been reporting that they're feeling out of sorts, all the head shaking at the insanity is making us dizzy.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:49 AM
link   

edit on 22-1-2011 by d00d557 because: (no reason given)

edit on 22-1-2011 by d00d557 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by willie9696
Maybe this is why people have been reporting that they're feeling out of sorts, all the head shaking at the insanity is making us dizzy.

Ha. If I shook my head to this story it would fall clean off my shoulders and roll out the door. I hate to say that something like this is unsurprising, but is it really?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:02 PM
link   
yeah...(yawn)...a normal day in LA...c'mon you think stuff like this doesn't happen in other parts of the U.S.?
who are you kidding, just another day bashing california. and yes, i live in california.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
It would surprise me if it was someplace other than LA. Just goes to show you what the entitlement mentality will do when it is allowed to breed through generations. The best thing California could do is to shoot every gang member in the head. It is either them or us. They are not here to help anyone. They are only here to make victims of the rest of us.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:35 PM
link   
This is a strange series of events but things like this do happen elsewhere. I lived in LA and I think they are some of the most friendly people I have ever known, definitely not any more rude than the other 7 states I have lived in. Let's not bash California!!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
This is a strange series of events but things like this do happen elsewhere. I lived in LA and I think they are some of the most friendly people I have ever known, definitely not any more rude than the other 7 states I have lived in. Let's not bash California!!

I'm not bashing California ffs. The strangeness of this event is what garnered it a news story. As for LA being voted most rude city, well, I didn't say that. The visitors to LA did:

LA Times: Visitors say LA is rudest city in America. Do you agree?

If you read the story, LA was also voted to have the worst pedestrian-friendliness.
edit on 1/22/2011 by PhantomLimb because: clarity

edit on 1/22/2011 by PhantomLimb because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:41 PM
link   

Originally posted by jimmyx
yeah...(yawn)...a normal day in LA...c'mon you think stuff like this doesn't happen in other parts of the U.S.?
who are you kidding, just another day bashing california. and yes, i live in california.

I don't read stories of this happening elsewhere. If I did I would post them.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:51 PM
link   
reply to post by PhantomLimb

Yup it certainly does. We had one here in this state in 2008. Poor guy crossing street. two cars racing each other passed a stopped car and ran over him. Twenty people in the street saw it and ignored him laying in the street and only a cop found him minutes later laying in the street:

Run over pedestrian ignored!

Zindo

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:52 PM
link   

One of several people who ran to help the man and tried to stop oncoming traffic was hit by a car herself. That driver stopped to help the woman, but he was attacked by others who had run into the street, who beat him and stole his cell phone, Tomatoni said.

The way you presented the story rings of mob mentality and anarchy. In reality, upon reading the story, it appears as though the mob mentality was brought about not because of anarchy, but because the people were fed up with the 'hit and runs' they just witnessed, and wanted justice.

I think it's weird anyone took his cellphone but it was probably because he wanted to call the police on them, and they wanted him to suffer for running over a lady who was trying to protect a ran-over man.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:57 PM
link   

Originally posted by againuntodust

One of several people who ran to help the man and tried to stop oncoming traffic was hit by a car herself. That driver stopped to help the woman, but he was attacked by others who had run into the street, who beat him and stole his cell phone, Tomatoni said.

The way you presented the story rings of mob mentality and anarchy. In reality, upon reading the story, it appears as though the mob mentality was brought about not because of anarchy, but because the people were fed up with the 'hit and runs' they just witnessed, and wanted justice.

I think it's weird anyone took his cellphone but it was probably because he wanted to call the police on them, and they wanted him to suffer for running over a lady who was trying to protect a ran-over man.

I didn't present the story as such. That was the headline of the story. If you find fault with the story then the fault lies with MSNBC.com.

As for the man who was robbed, he was actually trying to help the lady out:

finally the driver trying to help her was beaten and robbed by a mob, police said Friday.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
I wasn't there but I think it is safe to say that there was a lot of confusion and the driver who hit the woman and then tried to help her probably didn't hit her on purpose.

The story says that he returned after the police arrived.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:01 PM
link   
Sounds like another California hater,I grew up and lived here all but 2 years California people most friendly people in US ,isolated case and this probably happens twice a day in south ,consider source

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:04 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oldtimer2
Sounds like another California hater,I grew up and lived here all but 2 years California people most friendly people in US ,isolated case and this probably happens twice a day in south ,consider source

What is with this California crap? I don't hate California. I was pointing out the irony of LA being voted rudest city and then this happening in the LA area. It seems people don't get irony, but that's okay.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by Oldtimer2

To say that Californians are the friendliest people is no different than saying they are the rudest.

The source for the story is the Associated Press. I'm sure since they are based in New York they have biased this story to make California look bad.

/sarcasm

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:20 PM
link   
So what everybody is really wondering is if this is just a zombie outbreak cover up or is this much worse... like is Lindsey Lohan boozing it up again?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:24 PM
link   

Originally posted by Cuervo
So what everybody is really wondering is if this is just a zombie outbreak cover up or is this much worse... like is Lindsey Lohan boozing it up again?

Paris Hilton and Britney Spears stepped out of a limo sans underwear...again.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
Welcome to Mexico North, this is a high illegal alien area and I bet this is the result of unassimilated immigrants/illegal aliens coming in through our open borders.

In Mexico they don't stop at beating and running over people they disagree with, they decapitate them.

new topics

top topics

<<   2  3 >>

join