It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Dying Birds Stir Extinction Fears--New Zeland

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:34 AM
link   
When I first saw this article, I couldn't finish reading it. Had to come back later to finish the article. Breaks my heart.

Little penguins are dying in their hundreds, leading conservationists to fear they are starving as a result of the La Nina weather system.

The strong La Nina had brought with it conditions that made for a bad breeding year. "They're natural occurrences that always happen, but now they're happening more regularly and it's playing havoc with wildlife populations.

Dying Penguins in NZ

My signature reflects my feelings....

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:58 AM
link   
The global warming nuts used to use penguins dying as an example to their cause…until it was found their tracking devices were actually the cause of their deaths.
There is obviously something going on with the planet causing the animal deaths around the world. The sunrise coming 2 days early in Greenland is extremely troubling to me just thinking about it. Imagine the senses of animal’s gone crazy…

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:08 AM
link   
reply to post by Steve8511

It is very troublesome to read about all the animal deaths daily. I don't believe there has been a day gone by in the last month that there isn't some large quantity of animal species dying.
Science can call it what they want. I am 52 and have never heard of the daily dying of species. I have been on the internet for 20 years.
I pay very close attention to wildlife and nature...always have.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
Its not only the penguins that are starving and facing extinction due to El Nino.

What about Roofers

I'm one and this El Nino weather pattern is killing us, the ablity to work on the roofs is down to about 2-3 days a week because of the wind. Nornally we get NW winds, but El Nino is bringing strong winds (50+kmph) from the SE which is normally the light winds with some drizzle in the Summer. Its been like this since September 2010.
This should be our busy season for roofing, but I'm still on unpaid holidays part of the week due to the wind, its becoming a part-time job.

Roofers who work all year round in our Temperate climate are about to be come extinct.

Too bad about the penguins, I hear other birds like Albatross are also becoming rare around our coasts, and also some species of fish. They have gone elsewhere where there is food to eat.

I may do the same.
edit on 22-1-2011 by muzzy because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:03 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzy

New Zeland is getting hit all the way around. I do not understand why we are not hearing more about it.
My earthquake app (USGS) has stopped reporting on the NZ earthquakes. But continue to report on other countries around the world. Quite odd.
Many people are being affected by this strange weather all over the world. I really don't doubt this will get worse.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:10 PM
link   
reply to post by SkunkSense

It's not just climate change - the stressors have multiplied - new diseases and magnetic anomalies on top of climate change and toxic environments - now it's all too much to handle.

We might just have hit the tipping point...

Please check this out: WHO: "Bird Flu is Back" …and Infects Fish Too

Thanks. S&F&

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:38 PM
link   
reply to post by soficrow

You are definitely correct. I didn't want to sound like a "fear monger" since this was my first post other than my introduction.

I watch the earth's/skies' activities daily. I notice the changes. I feel it in my heart and soul that the end as we know it is near. The domino effect begins.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   
reply to post by SkunkSense

Crud. I don't want to sound like a fear monger either. ...I do believe things can sort themselves out (the 'system' is self-regulating) - BUT - we have to BACK OFF, leave it alone and let it heal.

top topics

join