It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Thing in Russian Skies (photos) - January, 20 2011

page: 9
<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:01 AM
link   
this reminds me about the Norway spiral,,, and honestly people, are we going to believe the mainstream media again? that it's a missile launch

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
this is the same place famous for its UFO sightings. but they(aliens) never tried to came in a public view like this ever before. so this public show simply means that they dont want to remain hidden anymore.
may be its the time for them to come out of the closet. they are preparing for something big. thats for sure.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:06 AM
link   
Dunno if anyone has proposed this yet, as I have yet to read the entire thread, but what if what we're seeing is possibly a new energy/particle weapon that the superpowers have their hands on and are flexing.

The contrail is from a missile which the possible device is maybe it's payload. I dunno, it's a lot better a theory than the "UFO" one.
edit on 23-1-2011 by susp3kt because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:07 AM
link   
reply to post by ultraplayer

you are right. we cant trust media. its nothing more than just a puppet in the hands of TPTB. media is there just to spread ignorance. isn't it?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:32 AM
link   
true, what's more powerful than the media
"If the media say it, It has to be true" well that's the way the average joe is thinking

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
The photo is heavily overexposed, just look at the light beams coming from street lighting on the ground. Looks like some kind of rocket to me.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:53 AM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic
Missiles do not produce an aurora which is clearly visible at the bottom. This would be a tear in the magnetosphere.

No, missiles don't produce auroral displays, but those lights at the bottom are not an aurora.

They are false auroras otherwise known as light pillars. which are caused by lights on the ground shining upwards, and the light being reflected back downwards by ice crystals in the air.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5aeeecd2a5ef.jpg[/atsimg]
Source: click here

I agree that is is a missile or rocket launch. Not all rocket/missile launches look the same, and occasionally they can look very different, depending on the rocket/missile used and the conditions in the atmosphere - specifically weather the upper atmosphere is illuminated by sun-light, which will make the exhaust gases from the missile/rocket appear to glow.
edit on 23-1-2011 by C.H.U.D. because: broken image link

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:04 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

These are gorgeous photographs, a little over exposed but this would be a very difficult shot.

Whatever this is keep in mind that because the night landscape is visible, and we see stars, it is most likely a long exposure from a tripod (my guess is around a second or two) so what we see in the picture is not what your eyes would see but about a blur over a second of what we would see.

Given that, and correcting in my head the reality is much less dramatic and looks exactly like some of the missile launches posted. (which I think it does anyway)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:07 PM
link   

now thats what i call traveling at the speed of love

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Found your answer, it was the launch of the Elektro-L rocket

www.orbiter-forum.com...

and video:

edit on 23/1/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Jinglelord

taking it as a rocket would be a mistake. Go down the memory lane and you will find the nice track record of that region being the favourite place of UFO's. remember TUNGUSKA?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
reply to post by IgnoreTheFacts

I'm noticing you have graced my threads (and others) with your presence to mainly hurl insults at the posters.

Your righteousness is not flattering nor becoming and is getting a little boring.

So might I suggest you step down a rung or two off your self-proclaiming ladder and converse with fellow posters devoid the all-knowing/all-insulting manner ?

It really would not only behoove you but the entire flow of the thread.

I wouldn't discount this being some type of test-weapon and I say that because, if we took the ORIGINAL information from the poster on Project Avalon (not me) then, this 'missile' was launched on the 18th, not 20th as the rocket-schedule offers.
The poster may be wrong (I understand that) but.....this still isn't a slam dunk. It's kinda teetering on the brim of the basket

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by woogleuk

You are trusting the media. They show you what suits them, not the truth. i have to agree with the human_alien here. its certainly not a rocket or anything. Even if it is, the date doesn't match. What do you have to say about that? May be the rocket keep roaming in the skies for a day or two and then went on its way after organising a light show for people?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:32 PM
link   
reply to post by vikki_nnd

The dates are the same, the pics that Human posted are also on the site I linked to, and its not media, its a forum with keen observers who witnessed the launch.

EDIT: I would like to thank Human for posting, they are really nice pics regardless.
edit on 23/1/11 by woogleuk because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:36 PM
link   

Originally posted by Pauligirl

Originally posted by Angelicdefender2012

Very Cool!!! But I don't belive this is a missle. I think this is directly related to our magnetic field disruption and sun flares. Just my personal opinion.

Pictures from launches on a Russian astronomy board
www.astronomy.ru...

You guys are really disappointing me. The photos have already been identified by pauligirl. Please deny ignorance.
and read the pages of a thread. This is getting a little crazy here. Somebody debunks the photos pages ago and everybody still ignores the facts. It is all about the facts. Pay attention people.

I see that only one other person gave you a star pauligirl. It looks like people want to believe in something so bad that the truth is ignored. Such a shame.
edit on 23-1-2011 by liejunkie01 because: spelling

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
reply to post by vikki_nnd

I don't KNOW its a rocket I just THINK its a rocket based off the other pictures of confirmed launches. Of course, outside of my own head I don't KNOW anyone here actually exists.

Also we should note it could be an alien craft that looks just like a missile. (not being facetious) If aliens were visiting and have any interest in being hidden wouldn't it make sense that a technology capable of traversing the stars could easily disguise themselves? What if that airplane or helicopter you saw the other day was an alien craft? I mean you wouldn't know unless you can establish there was supposed to be a plane there...

All I'm trying to say is that all we can go by is what it looks like to us and as such anyone who is certain of what they see is participating self delusion and a bulged ego believing they are somehow able to know the nature of a thing just by the light and sound it reflects to their senses.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:42 PM
link   

Originally posted by IgnoreTheFacts

Originally posted by Insomniac

Originally posted by CHEDwick

Yup
It's a comet

Not so I'm afraid. A comet that bright would have been visible months ago as it approached and would have had telescopes all over the northern hemisphere looking at it. Also because of their distance, comets appear to us to be moving very slowly, so if it were a comet it would still be there and would be visible for months to come as it continues its journey.

To me, the evidence seems to point towards a missile launch.
edit on 23/1/11 by Insomniac because: Amended sentence

Insomniac, this is exactly what I am talking about. The discussion of this can't ever go anywhere when there is so much rampant ignorance around that you have people declaring it a comet or a supernova.

There is no excuse why an adult who is smart enough to use the internet has no simple knowledge about a subject they choose to discuss. I makes no sense to me. And trying to explain how it CAN'T be a comet or a supernova (or whatever they throw out there) is like bashing your head against a wall. If they are calling it a comet, then more than likely they will not understand the grade school level knowledge that explains how it can't be a comet.

Now, it is different if they are simply asking if it could be a comet. That type of member is seeking knowledge. But to have folks come on here and say "yup, it's a comet"...well, what can you do with that?

And to those of you that want to think that my ramblings have nothing to do with the thread subject matter, think again. It sure does. Simply pointing out that many members trying to discuss this don't have a grasp on grade school level science does deal with the subject matter. If one or two of them drop thier ignorance shields and use a little google in the future it will all be worth it I guess.
edit on 23-1-2011 by IgnoreTheFacts because: (no reason given)

Thank you for posting this. This is ridiculous that people will not pay attention to the facts. Here is a thread that I made about getting our facts straight.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Aliensun
reply to post by Nebulous1973

Please, please, people get some knowledge of natural things we see in the sky. That would help cut confusion and very incorrect guesses that waste time for everybody.

Supernova? I won't even respond to that suggestion.

Comet? Comets are usually far away, beyond the Moon at least and maybe even on the far side of the Sun when we see them. You will never see discernible movement in a comet in a short period of time. Usually it takes a day at least.

Asteroid? Possible in some respects. In this case the object appears to be in a fairly steep climb which would rule out a typical path for an asteroid which normally is coming down. Some do skip off the atmosphere and are not descending (to Earth) exactly, but will pass on by. These usually appear to be moving horizontally.

This object appears to have a violent exhause in terms of its fanned-out shape. Normal objects just don't look that way It is either man-made or an alien machine. I suggested in an earlier post that it was an ion rocket (man-made).

I agree with pretty much everything you said here, except the part I have highlighted in bold text, which is only slightly off the mark.

Yes, when a meteoroid (or asteroid) enters the atmosphere at a low angle, where it will "graze" the atmosphere (they are called "earth-grazers"), it can appear to travel horizontally and also upwards depending on where an observer views it from. In fact, non-grazers can also appear to travel horizontally.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/95efe8242439.jpg[/atsimg]

The diagram above shows a simplified and exaggerated version of what is happening. The meteor is entering the atmosphere from right to left, and two observers (A and B), separated by a few hundred km witness the meteor at the same time. The red lines represent lines of sight.

From observer B's location the meteor would appear to be falling down towards the horizon, but from observer A's location the same meteor would appear to be heading upwards and away from the horizon.

So, as you can see, it's quite easy to misjudge the actual direction of a meteor if you don't understand what is going on.

In this case I agree with you that this does not look anything like a meteor/asteroid, or for that matter a satellite/space-junk reentry. These very distinctive, and look nothing like the images we are seeing here in my experience. It's a subject I have been studying for over a decade now, so I can say this with a high degree of certainty.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:58 PM
link   

Something tells me its similar to a Minotaur rocket going though stages !

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:59 PM
link   

Looks and feels like a AVC or DVC (Dimensional Visitor Craft) that I had the privilege to witness in New Mexico directly above me for as long as I chose to watch it. This one looks like it is having trouble, but check out the PHYSICS involved if it 'is' an Alien Visitor Craft!!

top topics

<< 6  7  8    10  11  12 >>

join