It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Thing in Russian Skies (photos) - January, 20 2011

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 04:31 AM
link   

Originally posted by hackbart
Guys, it's a missle. And not the first one of this kind.

www.youtube.com...

Reading through this threads makes my head hurt.

Wow that's crazy, I stand corrected...I've never seen a missile like that before. But what gives with the aurora?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:25 AM
link   
It looks very much like that one from China ( i think it was China) though the video of that one from china clearly had a energy burst as it went through the sky.

beautiful pics though!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:31 AM
link   
It's a mach cone cause by something (plane, bullet, missile) travelling at supersonic speed. The glow is caused by ionisation (hitting the magnetic field) due to the temperature of the object at that speed.

see here...

just mouse over the hand icons to see the pix.
edit on 23/1/2011 by nomadros because: cannot type!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:42 AM
link   
It looks like the concept behind the Russian VA-111 torpedo (trucks along underwater @ 200 knots!) applied to missile technology. It is essentially an underwater missile as it creates a pocket of air underwater for the torpedo to travel in and extents fins to the edge of the water 'wall' for guidance.

It's possible the Russians, seeing as they like fast missiles, have used the same concept to make a high velocity delivery system for nukes/ASMs etc to compete with US advances in tech. The torpedo uses a particular configuration on its nose to create the underwater bubble, with the recent(?) huge advances in thermal materials a similar configuration might be able to be used on the nose of the missile where the heat would accumulate, essentially creating a vacuum pocket for the missile to ride in, reducing drag and heat on the rest of the surface area of the missile and allowing it to travel at higher velocities.

Those convex streams coming from the front of the object could be particles in the atmosphere colliding with one another as opposed to the missile. Would an ET UFO really make such a big ruckus in the sky? Probably not.

That's one explanation of what it could be at least.
edit on 23-1-2011 by RSF77 because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:56 AM
link   

Originally posted by CHEDwick

Yup
It's a comet

Not so I'm afraid. A comet that bright would have been visible months ago as it approached and would have had telescopes all over the northern hemisphere looking at it. Also because of their distance, comets appear to us to be moving very slowly, so if it were a comet it would still be there and would be visible for months to come as it continues its journey.

To me, the evidence seems to point towards a missile launch.
edit on 23/1/11 by Insomniac because: Amended sentence

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 05:58 AM
link   

Originally posted by apodictic

Originally posted by hackbart
Guys, it's a missle. And not the first one of this kind.

www.youtube.com...

Reading through this threads makes my head hurt.

Wow that's crazy, I stand corrected...I've never seen a missile like that before. But what gives with the aurora?

Im fascinated with this test video but i don't think it's the same thing. Most telling for me is that the missile in the video is clearly multi-stage, nothing like that in the pictures. Second of all i find the pictures looking more like something leaking in, instead of going out.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:31 AM
link   
It IS a missile. That is what they look like. How many threads do we have to go through before this becomes common knowledge?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 06:39 AM
link   
it's quite clearly the tail end of the millenium falcon as Han and Chewie head back to join the rebel fleet

can noone else see this?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!?!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by nomadros
It's a mach cone cause by something (plane, bullet, missile) travelling at supersonic speed. The glow is caused by ionisation (hitting the magnetic field) due to the temperature of the object at that speed.

see here...

just mouse over the hand icons to see the pix.
edit on 23/1/2011 by nomadros because: cannot type!

That's exactly what I was thinking. Could be the size of the [ meteorite?] has something to do with it, doesn't burn up quickly and gets in far enough. That's why so few have been spotted. So far.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:43 AM
link   
Nice pictures. I am an Air Force Vet. and this is no rocket. I believe they, the Ruskies, are experimenting with some type of new propulsion system on something other than a rocket. I remember not too long ago, there were several pics. of pretty much the same thing caught here in the U.S. IMHO it is some kind of plasma type propulsion.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:58 AM
link   
Looks much like this:
www.youtube.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:21 AM
link   
i read in some other post or hrad somewhere that this was supposed to be a rocket effect somehow, cant find the link or anything though

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by 0bserver1
Question :Can it be that solar winds due to magnetic shield failure enter our atmosphere vortex shaped or more like galactic hurricane? That would maybe declare the spiral effect in our skies?

Interesting question!! That's a very cool name Galactic Hurricane although it sounds very hostile and unfriendly.

Based on that Russian link Pauligirl provided, this looks like a missile/rocket after all (although to me, a total layman obviously, the trajectory looks awfully low but, what do I know)

What ever happened to the rockets taking off vertically to the horizon?
Or is this a small missile, launched from a missile launcher?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:44 AM
link   

Originally posted by Smokersroom
How many threads do we have to go through before this becomes common knowledge?

Apparently a few more, my friend!

Ya gotta admit, it does look ominously beautiful.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by inven104u2
Nice pictures. I am an Air Force Vet. and this is no rocket. I believe they, the Ruskies, are experimenting with some type of new propulsion system on something other than a rocket. I remember not too long ago, there were several pics. of pretty much the same thing caught here in the U.S. IMHO it is some kind of plasma type propulsion.

Now see...?.....that's what I'm sayin'.

Although I am at a total disadvantage of not knowing what missiles and rockets typically look like (yeah I know "Google is my friend" blah blah) the trajectory alone looks 'off' not to mention the shield it produced.

So perhaps this thread isn't quite closed yet?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:53 AM
link   
You guys are so easily confused by anything unusual that it kills me. It's like I am surrounded by

It is ice, in the sun, from a comet, due to heat, while going through the earths atmosphere.

Please look this up and compare for yourself B4 you jump on another rocket.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   
I don't know what it is...

It just looks like some kind of glowing thing.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:06 AM
link   
Please note that these are not time lapse as you can see the waves motion was stopped.
Green aurora effect near the ground by the lights looks neat in these pics.

Then note the length of the white bar, which is the comet itself. This is some indicator of how fast it is moving, but the camera has as much to do with this as the speed of the object.

Note how the plume of ice spreads from the comet just like a sound wave would. There is a reason for what you see and the effect created....mmmmk

Now notice the complete lack of rocket trail. Why? because a comet is a ball of ice, without power.
Rockets are not bullets (projectiles), and have visible traces of the thrust.

Sun is illuminating ice. Sun is just over the horizon in this shot.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:16 AM
link   
Since I have seen numerous rocket launches at night, and not all but several resulted in the same looking thing as the op's original pictures, it would be very hard for me to think that they are anything but a rocket.

Now, if I was purely educated by the internet, my mind wired to believe the improbable because the probable is simply not entertaining enough, then I would say this is aliens traveling around the globe while doing their zeta podcast about how Hilary Clinton is a reptilian....or something more exiting than the word "rocket."

As I read through this thread, I see some people floating some explanations that literally knock me off my chair. Even if they don't think it is a rocket, some of the explanations makes me think that those trying to pass judgment on these photos have no understanding of basic space, science or atmosphere.

I mean, to the poster who said maybe this was the supernova that some are expecting.....and the other member who starred that post......SERIOUSLY?!?!? Grade school science and astronomy should be enough to dismiss that explanation. But that type seems to be the crowd that wants to discuss this, it is no wonder stuff like this gets mired in absurdity.

I have no problem with those that don't want to think this is a rocket (I admit, the most boring explanation, but I do have a problem with folks that don't even have the basic education or understanding to bring them to a reasonable conclusion.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:25 AM
link   
reply to post by CHEDwick

That is what I was thinking. If it were a rocket where is the trail of exhaust gases/smoke. Unless that fuel is fully spent and thus it is in free fall.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join