It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Strange Thing in Russian Skies (photos) - January, 20 2011

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:36 PM
link   
That is the same thing that was seen in China last year.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by crazydaisy
There is a tremendous amount of radiating light for it to be a missle. Amazing photos, not sure what to think at this point - will follow the thread to see what others have to say.

Right! And where is the heavy smoke of a large missile's exhaust plume. This looks electrical, perhaps an ion engine of a massive size? 'Wonder what its speed was?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by spikester
reply to post by Human_Alien

I've lived next to a rocket launch facility for 54 years, I'm not an expert on them. I've seen rockets launched in the evening after the sun has set and as they reach higher altitudes the air or atmosphere becomes thin causing the exhaust plume to expand dramatically as in these photos. The sun lights up the trail and makes for a nice show. I didn't notice a second stage.

So.... is it of your opinion this was a rocket launch then? Someone offered a rocket-schedule only their rocket launched on the 20th and according to the person who posted the photos (On Project Avalon)...these photos were taken on the 18th.
Anyway to cross-reference these dates to another rocket launch in Russia?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:41 PM
link   
reply to post by Nebulous1973

Please, please, people get some knowledge of natural things we see in the sky. That would help cut confusion and very incorrect guesses that waste time for everybody.

Supernova? I won't even respond to that suggestion.

Comet? Comets are usually far away, beyond the Moon at least and maybe even on the far side of the Sun when we see them. You will never see discernible movement in a comet in a short period of time. Usually it takes a day at least.

Asteroid? Possible in some respects. In this case the object appears to be in a fairly steep climb which would rule out a typical path for an asteroid which normally is coming down. Some do skip off the atmosphere and are not descending (to Earth) exactly, but will pass on by. These usually appear to be moving horizontally.

This object appears to have a violent exhause in terms of its fanned-out shape. Normal objects just don't look that way It is either man-made or an alien machine. I suggested in an earlier post that it was an ion rocket (man-made).

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:42 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

I stand corrected. The rocket plume signature is not familiar. It does not look like a solid rocket or liquid rocket exhaust with the double plumes that it produced. I would say it has reached upper atmosphere and is some type of rocket or high altitude aircraft. Man made.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:00 PM
link   
if it's man-made then it could either be Electro-L1 or NROL-49, launched in a polar orbit. i'm betting NROL-49.

Worldwide Launch Schedule
edit on 1.22.11 by toreishi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:18 PM
link   
While skepticism is healthy & trying to find a conventional explanation is rational/ practical, I sure feel weary from all these rocket/ missile/ iridium satellite launch "explanations". Imho, events like this, the Norway Spiral & many others bear no resemblance to the photos I've seen of conventional applications. Controlled launches are far too chaotic & ill defined (the trails are "all over the place") whereas the events like these have well defined borders, are ("too") symetrical, in their own way, & have the appearance of purposeful (?) or controlled movement/ progression.

I have no idea what to make of this event (or any of them). A ufo wouldn't be my first thought, for sure. I guess HAARP (or EISCAT, since it's in their vicinity, most) or some kind of earth based experiment seems most probable to me.

Here is a site with rocket/ satellite launch photos to show what I mean by "ill defined" & "chaotic".

www.environmentalgraffiti.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:25 PM
link   
It looks like a meteor entering the atmosphere at such a shallow angle that it appears like it's going up in the photos. It may be coming across the sky and slowly descending. The aura could be due to the magnetic field may be acting a little funky. Creating the Borealis look.

The one in Kazakhstan looks like a missile launch.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:37 PM
link   
reply to post by DogsDogsDogs

The strange cloud / contrail formations develope several minutes after the launch. They are formed from different altitude winds that create the unusual patterns that you linked to. Also creating different colors from the chems. from the exhaust and sun light filtering through the atmosphere at a low angle, like when clouds turn colors during sunset.
Thanks!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
That's just a missile or rocket

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:49 PM
link   
reply to post by DogsDogsDogs

the fun starts at 3:30

edit on 1.22.11 by toreishi because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   
reply to post by toreishi

Very nice video. Thanks! I was reminded the Russians use several engines on there vehicles and we, the States of U S usually only have a few. At 5:12 or so on the video you can see stage seperation in the upper altitudes. Very impressive video and thanks again.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:09 PM
link   
Hmmm cool video, looks like first stage was traditional fuel and then perhaps secondary ion burst....notice the spirals occuring in each of the plums stunning!! Hope they are ions....if thats thier new chemtrail applicator i am outta here!!! I have to admit...this is very likely candidate for the other film....i wish we could see the beginning and the end of both events to compare....but definitly plausible for that missle with the unusual secondary burst....now what is the fuel lol....
edit on 01/22/2011 by Drala because: great plausible explantion to aknowledge

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:10 PM
link   
reply to post by Aliensun

Would you explain this video of two unknown objects to the class?

abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 1/22/2011 by Overtime because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:13 PM
link   
if you look for ufo's you will find them, not that there aren't any but I doubt there are as many as there are claimed to be.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:23 PM
link   
reply to post by spikester

to you & Toreishi- Thanks for your explanations. I saw the China video after I posted. Amazing footage!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:28 PM
link   
Does anyone know how far away this is from the location of the Nordic Spiral?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:29 PM
link   
OBVIOUS FAKE.
It's sad people are taking this seriously.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:46 PM
link   
reply to post by Human_Alien

I don't know where you get the idea that these photos were taken on the 18th when the thread title on Project Avalon states they were from the 20th. The pictures were posted on the afternoon of the 21st. Maybe the poster thought yesterday was the 22nd.

Anyway, this looks like a high-altitude rocket plume to me and given PualiGirl's information we probably know the rocket involved.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:51 PM
link   
Im sorry but this is a rocket. The same thing happened over a major city in China on July 7th, 2010. I believe the sonic boom is what causes the "tail" to dis attach for a moment.

Looks like the same thing to me, although i'll let you guys be the judge.

new topics

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join