It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Obama is president, by election of the American people, and was legally sworn in by the Chief Justic

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:29 PM
link   

Originally posted by Truth1000
I don't wish tlo get into a pissing contest, but the American populace voted for Americans to serve in the Electoral College, who then cast their votes for the election of the American President. Therefore, it was Americans who elected each president.

That is not true. The individual state's respective party members vote on who are the electors.
Or delegates if you will.
(And if you really want to see how fn screwed we are then search super delegates in respect to this situation)

The American people have nothing to do with voting a President into office.
You are applying Aristotlean logic to a situation where, unfortunately, it does not apply.

If the American people were to elect the president, then Gore would have been in office instead of Bush.

The only way that the American people could elect a President is if each respective state house were to change the law as to allow the citizens of each state to vote on the electors.
And presently this is not the case in any state's jurisdiction.

That was my reason for posting the majority decision in the Bush v. Gore lawsuit.
Feel free to read through all of the legal mumbo jumbo. The answers are all in black and white, but they are disguised by so much legal crap that it becomes impossible to discern what is the truth and what is fiction.

That is the game being played by attorneys.

99% of them are not on your side. They are subjects of the court.

The term esquire is a term of nobility. No different than "sir". (think squire as in knight)

Most attorneys will deny this, but then again, most attorneys are snakes in the grass.
(if you have ever dealt with them extensively then you will know why I say this)

I learned the law the hard way, and my point in posting is not to get into a pissing contest with anyone, but to state the law in an unadulterated fashion.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:18 PM
link   
A much more important problem is that he will stay president for four more years, while the "powers" will already be grooming their NEXT "American" leader.

Recognizing the pattern is immensely important, but changing that pattern is even more important!

new topics

<< 1   >>

join