It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

New member with some questions and comments

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:19 AM
link   
First of all I love your site! I have been reading through the posts and threads with great interest. My primary interests are related to scientific matters, and potential cover up of items related to issues therein related. (Recent Yellowstone threads; Bird/animal die offs; Solar Storms; magnetic pole shifts, etc)

I must start by saying I would never have thought I would be someone to become "conspiracy" minded. However, pure logic dictates to me that IF a government of a large nation like ours were to have definite evidence or even speculative evidence that something major was about to happen, they would not want to inform us. This position is the result of simply thinking rationally about it. This is not saying that I think something is about to happen. Just that I am aware that if our government was aware of something, it would not be in their interest to inform us. As my username indicates, I am a questioner, and hopefully a thinker. I am a former Born Again Christian, but I do not wish to battle believers, not on this forum. (So, in some ways I already regret my choice of username) I picked it though because it does say alot about me and where I come from. I respect ALL people's rights to religious beliefs at this point in my life, though I no longer hold ANY. (I respect the right to believe in a religion wholeheartedly, but not necessarily respect an actual, specific belief.)

Here is a question I would really love to have an answer for. Forgive my ignorance on the matter. Question: Can someone give me an example (perhaps there are many) of DOCUMENTED or KNOWN "former" major conspiracies perpetrated by a government? I specifically do not mean current conspiracy theories like a black ops that someone believes is going on now, etc. I am specifically wanting to read up on a KNOWN past cover up (Watergate comes to mind as a relatively minor attempted real cover up) Are there any other examples of bigger cover ups that give more credence for a thinking mind to see that it is probable we are not currently getting the full story from world leaders?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:23 AM
link   
reply to post by exchristian1freethinker

Hi exchristian1freethinker, and welcome to the Introductions Forum of the ATS community. For now you can reply to any thread in any member forum you wish, as well as send & receive (PM's)Private Messages to Staff only. Once you have achieved 20 posts, you will then be able to start your own threads and additionally send & receive messages to and from fellow ATS members.

Index of Important ATS Related Threads

New Rules for Avatars and Mini-ProfileBackgrounds

Hey new members!! Come here if you need advice

Starting a New Thread ?... Look Here First

ATS Video Tutorials

Signature Guidelines

Terms & Conditions

Take your time and enjoy. If you have any questions just ask.

Sauron,
Moderator.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:42 AM
link   

I don't have an answer as much as a point - I never actually considered myself conspiracy minded. What a strange concept. I don't mean to say you're odd in that, a lot of people think the same, but it just sounded strange to me hearing it put that way.
Welcome too btw.

No wonder no one else I know in real life comes here, they must think I'm a loopy dude!! Lmao!!

edit on 22/1/2011 by badw0lf because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:47 AM
link   
Thanks for your reply. I should clarify, that I DON'T consider myself conspiracy minded. I just do belief that one must question, and think rationally about anything. "Consiracy minded" is a bad choice or wording on my part.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:49 AM
link   
President Jackson wanted to abolish the central bank. Attempted assassination. First ever for America.
President Lincoln wanted to abolish the central bank. Dead.
JFK made a speech effectively denouncing secret societies and called on citizenry to 'keep it real' so to speak. Dead.

The NWO will be owned and operated by old world bankers. You and I will be owned and operated by old world bankers. Soon we will become restless and revolt.

Then something else.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   
Welcome to an adventure that could change your life.

Pick a room on the ocean side or one overlooking the mountains. Unpack your bags and get comfortable.

There will be time later to ask all your questions that I assure you will get answers for.

Just chill out, relax and enjoy meeting your neighbors.

Work to get the privilege of starting a thread then pick our best minds.

I'm around the corner on the beach side if you need help.

Again, welcome.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:59 AM
link   

hi there , Are there any other examples of bigger cover ups that give more credence for a thinking mind to see that it is probable we are not currently getting the full story from world leaders
simple answer YES
Henry Kissinger once said sorry if I misquote , there is not a major event in the world that occurs without our control ,
so , start there , ww2 who funded hitler , nathan rothschild profited durinng the battle of between france and england find out why . ,,,, JFK john lennon jimi hendrix , oklahoma city bombing , wtc 1 , 911 , robin cooks death , anthrax bird flu , my freind i could continue but you have more than enough to start with
PEACE

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:06 AM
link   

Welcome to the Dark Side! Nobody thought they would be a Conspiracy Theorist, but then our intelligence just refuses to give into the shoddy stories in the press, and it forces us to start questioning the reality that is spoon fed to us.

As for some confirmed conspiracies.

Ruby Ridge comes to mind.

Operation Northwoods is another prime example.

Basic list of proven true conspiracies exist all over the internet.

Happy reading, and welcome to ATS!
edit on 22-1-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

Also, helpful advice that not everyone knows.....if you click on "messages" and then the "replies" tab, it is a quick way to see if anyone has replied to one of your posts.
edit on 22-1-2011 by getreadyalready because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

join