It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

HELP! Why are Microsoft ringing me every day?

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
I know someone who got this call. It's a scam. My neighbor, who got the call, told the guy that her computer belongs to the government, since she works in a gov department. The guy immediately hung up. Don't fall for their scam.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:39 PM
link   
reply to post by m0r1arty

This entire post was removed because it was completely off-topic and our staff had previously alerted members to stay on topic, or this is a very large thread where topical drift is strongly discouraged.

It was on topic. It was within page one and there were no prior posting to stay on topic either.

Do you think you can stick to the rules please 12m8keall2c.

I do look forward to your reply.

-m0r

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:36 PM
link   
I got the same call a few months ago, and there still calling me every few weeks with the same crap, saying that my computer has a problem and that they are fixing it, but now when ever they call I just repeat every thing they say back to them it freas them out and they hang havnt had a call back from them in a while

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:52 PM
link   
Just say you use Linux and it doesn't get viruses lol then hang up.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   
Sounds like a scam to me. Microsoft would NEVER call someone at their home.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:04 PM
link   
This is one of the many reasons I do not own a cell phone or a home phone. I use something called magic jack. I never get any of these sorts of calls because my number insn't available to prying eyes. This magic jack thing is great not to endorse it or anything but it costs pennies compared to regular phone service.

If these people keep bothering everyone here.. again.. tell them for each call you will bill them accordingly and start trying to get their personal information I think this will stop the calls very quickly.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by xaruto666
reply to post by fixer1967

its the MIB

just kidding i have a strange thing too with the windows 7 everytime i shut the pc down he has an update to make and everiday its the same thing...

Check for open ports, Windows 7 has all of them open by default, unless someone changed that. Here's a link to check your security: pcflank.com...
Select the port scanner. Windows always gets viruses, why not run Linux instead? It's free! distrowatch.com...

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:56 AM
link   
I would suggest downloading Malwarebytes www.malwarebytes.org... and check your computer for any malware. Also run a virus scan. If you don't have an anti-virus you can get one free here AVG Free free.avg.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by TinFoilHatMan55
Just say you use Linux and it doesn't get viruses lol then hang up.

This works.
They called me a few months ago. Told the caller I run a custom Debian install on all my machines.
He asked me if it was OS X.
I said no, it's a linux system.
He was baffled and said he couldn't help me then,
I said I know
Never called again.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 02:33 PM
link   

Originally posted by CPYKOmega
it costs pennies compared to regular phone service.

Don't you have to keep your magic jack plugged into a computer 24/7 to run off your internet? What do you do if your on the go? Here's a quick solution:
www.donotcall.gov...
It removes any phone number from all calling lists. I did mine over two years ago, and no phony calls so far.

posted on Feb, 4 2011 @ 04:42 PM
link   
If I'm on the go I don't wish to be bothered. Thus I don't own a cell phone.

new topics

top topics

<< 1   >>

join