It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

‘You’re going to have to shoot them in the head,’ Beck said of Democratic leaders

page: 8
<< 5  6  7   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 10:55 PM
link   
reply to post by galadofwarthethird

What crap. Here, read the transcript and hear the radio show here:

www.examiner.com...

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:39 PM
link   
reply to post by infolurker

The ones who put that in the context of that context, did it so it would be taken out of context. It is what they do, it's Becks job to do that also. I wouldn't be surprised if his people put it up in the first place. It's really old news, and just the same old, same old. It's all crap really, the more people that get there panties in a bunch about this, the more important it becomes, the more people will give him money.

And I actually listened to the radio clip, and yes it's all crap, and he made no sense what so ever during the entire time, it was like listening to a 5 year old trying to say something he has no clue on whatsoever, and is trying to grasp the words to express his lack of understanding. Is this dude still living in the 60's, or did he just come to the realization that the world like's to change every once in a while? Sounds like its just a dude who wants attention to me. Like I said it's his job to get under peoples skin, and to say things that people are afraid of....Oh noz watch out them commies they are coming for your freedom.
Anyways it was a funny thread so far, and I always like arguing about things that go in circles.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 12:31 AM
link   
reply to post by 12m8keall2c

I'm by no means a fan of Glenn Beck, and believe he is extremely boorish and tactless in many of his views and shows. BUT... he said he'd rather be shot in the head than stand down.I think this means that they (oppressors) will have to "take out" those who would stand up for what they believe in, if it isnt their own (oppressors) opinion.

Doesn't give him the right to say this though, it was vulgar.
Still, don't twist his words, lest someone do the same to you.

posted on Feb, 16 2011 @ 04:22 AM
link   
reply to post by whaaa

Yep, I watched both videos, one in your link and another video posted by a Glen Beck viewer, an extended version where it supposedly proved he was taken out of context, but I see little difference. There is no other context misunderstood here, Glenn said it clear. I have no doubt in my mind that many people defending Glenn here realize what he meant, infact I am actually surprised. I mean, it was in the first year of this administration that a call to arms or to violence was almost paraded on this forum, now people are running away from this? Interesting.

But hey, while Glenn Beck was clearly making a call to violence, I know he does not take what he said seriously as per usual.... after all, he has been in the business of being controversial and appealing to his viewers and has been for the last 2 or so years since he took the air. Watching some of his shows makes me feel like I'm watching a satire clip from the John Steward show. Many of his viewers may take him seriously, but he certainly does not. It's that pay cheque that he's concerned about..... that and ratings, which just went up after this comment of his.
edit on 16-2-2011 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<< 5  6  7   >>

join