It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inadvertent Time Travellers

page: 7
<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:44 PM
link   
reply to post by looofo

You already posted something that I wondered about.

I would have expected the inn keeper to have looked at the notes and asked "what should I do with these" and would have started some immediate questions for both of them.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:28 PM
link   
I was thinking about this thread while I was out driving today. I was thinking about how I had never really experienced any thing similar, but then something popped into my head. Now, maybe it was nothing... maybe what happened was completely mundane, but I'll tell it anyway.

I stopped at a Shell station to fuel up one day and saw a man that I had known for years, but hadn't seen in quite a while. I had seen his wife about a month earlier and she was telling me that he was in the end stages of prostate cancer and the outlook was bad. She didn't hold out much hope.

So, I get out to pump gas and I see the man and his wife... he is getting back into his truck after pumping gas and his wife is sitting in the passenger side. I was surprised at how healthy he looked. I said hi to them both and told him how good it was to see him. He had aged significantly since the last time I had seen him, ten years or so ago, but besides that, he looked great! I was happy that he was apparently getting better! Much better!

A couple weeks later, I was telling my uncle (the guy's friend) that I had seen him and was surprised at how good he looked since he had been so sick. My uncle told me that I couldn't have seen him any time recently because he was in the hospital, literally dying, and had been there for a while. But I KNOW I saw him and talked to both him and his wife. I even argued with my uncle about it! Told him he was driving when I saw him, what was said between us and everything. My uncle basically told me I had lost it, lol.

This man, my friend, passed away, less than a week ago.

Maybe he just had a good day and was out driving around that day, but according to my uncle, who had been keeping up with the guy's progress, it wasn't possible. Who knows... I wouldn't have thought anything of it if it hadn't been for this thread!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:29 PM
link   
Nice thread, I remember Stephen Hawkins doing a considerable amount of research on this topic;

I found this most recent link which is interesting;

www.dailymail.co.uk...

Worth a read

Edit: Also found this link....

www.dailygalaxy.com...
edit on 23-1-2011 by downunder666 because: added link.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:48 PM
link   
reply to post by ironyWrit

Time travel or a faulty clock ?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:50 PM
link   

Originally posted by Rising Against
reply to post by Seeker7

You mean this well known ATS thread: Time Traveller Caught on 1928 Charlie Chaplin Film?

One of ATS's biggest threads now I believe and It soon become something of a 'web hit.'

I'm not sure of the exact outcome as well but I believe it was officially debunked, although I could be wrong..

EDIT TO ADD: This is what I believe it was, although Again, I'm not sure if It has been confirmed to be anything else right now.
edit on 23-1-2011 by Rising Against because: (no reason given)

Wow! You could be onto something with that ear trumpet you posted in that link. I've never heard of such a thing until now, but it could've possible been the thing he had to his ear...I guess we will never know,
edit on 23-1-2011 by jganer because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:00 PM
link   
This thread is really interesting. I believe time machine don't and will never exist. I do feel though that there is way more going on in this 'physical' world than will ever meet the eye (I hate saying physical as nothing is truely REAL). But most all of it is perception. Think about it. Of what you see, 100% of it is reflected in a line from point A (object) to point B (person's inner eye). So no other person will ever see exactly what you 'see'. What if all these slips are occuring regularly and at random, but you just perchance happen to glance at the right moment at the right angle and receive this released energy (or a close group of people with common energy/relationships looking at the same thing). Due to the brain trying to construct the information it received into a reality it accepts, it might accept the energy, or reject it before conscious thought was even notified as to what happened. Some people see it, some don't. Ever wonder why things "vanish" or "appear" in your view?

Why I believe the inadvertant traveler as plausible is that they weren't searching for anything out of the ordinary. An uncluttered mind has much more room for information, and that these events only exist as long as the people in question view it as reality. Ever notice that when people state in their stories that they were 'spooked' 'baffled' or 'turned away in fear', that when they look back, reality is back to normal. The mind concluded that the events were surreal, and rejected the former 'reality' as confusion and as if it never happened. Just a theory.

Either way these stories are very entertaining and inspire thoughts of 'what if/what is?' that hold me with a childlike curiousity.

edit on 23-1-2011 by ALLisMIND because: Self-enforcing Grammar Nazi

edit on 23-1-2011 by ALLisMIND because: Self-enforcing Grammar Nazi

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:03 PM
link   
I've been thinking on the Hotel disappearing story/past hotel. Maybe they didn't really look at the bills too closely because at that time nobody ever thought of counterfeiting/ or were too aware of counterfeiting like today. I'll tell you some things I have seen as a cashier, I have gotten $2 bills and they hadn't been in circulation for a loooooooooonnnng time and not seen by me until very recently when I worked at Wal-mart down here. I have seen bills that predate the new ones and I have seen some bills, in fact refused bills I didn't even recognize, except I seen them now in circulation. I was a cashier for a long time and I never refused the old bills I recognized or the two dollar bills. Maybe I have run into a few unwitting time- travellers myself?
So, maybe they either didn't take too close of a look or just shugged it off.

The bill was discontinued in 1966, but was reintroduced 10 years later as part of the United States Bicentennial celebrations. Today, however it is rarely seen in circulation as production of the note is the lowest of U.S. paper money: under 1% of all notes currently produced are $2 bills. This comparative scarcity in circulation, coupled with a lack of public awareness that the bill is still in circulation, has also inspired urban legends and, on a few occasions, created problems for people trying to use the bill to make purchases.

Source

I might add that I saw it fairly often that year I worked there. Also, even when I was not working there anymore, there were certain people who had loads of them.
I do realize it says they are still in circulation but it says less than 1% of our currency is the $2 bill, so chances of seeing it very often is low on the scale!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:08 PM
link   

Originally posted by Gorman91
reply to post by Rising Against

And, I means, I've written stuff in the past that came true by chance. So I would consider myself of being more likely a time traveler than this.
edit on 23-1-2011 by Gorman91 because: (no reason given)

It's funny you say that, in the early nineties when I was still in high school I was trying to write a comic book, to get my story started the villains blew up the World Trade Center. Over the past two years or so I've been working on a series of novels, I'm still working on the first but the plan is for a six book series, anyway toward the end an oil rig explodes polluting a good portion of the Gulf of Mexico, I wrote that a few months before last year's disaster. Coincidence I'm sure but it was certainly strange to see a part of my story actually happening.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
reply to post by glad_to_be_His

Maybe they are seen by others differently, perhaps their dress appears in keeping, same with the money - new francs change to old.

Or that it is just such a strange situation for all concerned that the uneasiness that it brings causes further strangeness to be overlooked.

I personally experienced something, I don't know what to call it.

Around 7 yrs of age lying in bed awake in the morning I hear my mother trip up on the stairs, fall loudly down them, shout in shock / pain and hit the wall opposite the bottom of the stairs. I jump out of bed and run to the stairs but no-one is there. After a confused minute or so I go back to bed.

5 minutes later I hear exactly the same thing and this time when I get to the stairs my mother is at the bottom, a bit dazed but otherwise unharmed. I simply accepted what had happened as a premonition and never mentioned it, however the memory of it has been crystal clear for several decades.

Recently I had the opportunity to question my mother about the fall and she was adamant that she had never fallen down the stairs, which I believe, as it is something you would remember, however this either makes my memory false or I am recalling something from a different state of being, whether an alternative reality or simply a dream (is there even a difference) who knows.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:17 PM
link   
reply to post by bigern

These things do happen. And it's always fun when they do. We sometimes may ponder if our brain waves are somehow interacting with something to know this. But it's basically impossible. The only fact is, people are good at predicting things that are likely to happen. That's why my plan, which yea, is also a series, is to not be conventional.

Tis one thing to make standard creation. Tis another to completely use those standards to make something original.

My advice to you? keep going. In architecture these things are called "moments". A critically thinking mind can, quite accurately, create two events, and let their mind web together events to make it happen, then be mystified when it happens in real life. What I did was write a couple of stories in my head around events. Then let my mind tie them together. Then my mind created a story about Mars 60 million years from now, a story about Earth's first starship 60 years from now, a story about an alien civilization that meets the biblical Genesis characters, and a couple of others. Even more fun? My mind has begun to web them into an overall story arc in the same universe. I love it when my brain does that.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by chunder

Maybe they are seen by others differently, perhaps their dress appears in keeping, same with the money - new francs change to old.

That's exactly what I meant....like maybe they saw the franc as being normal to them and so on....

This is off topic but I always wonder about colors...like we learn to call "blue" what we are taught is blue (objects, the sky, the ocean) and every other color develops in the same fashion but how do we really know if our blue isn't someone else's yellow? It's all relative really.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:34 PM
link   

biochemistry lol. Unless the rare mis configured neuron occurs, all colors react to a certain receptor. It's in the same way taste and feel and all that works. Well feeling is more memory than receptor-specific.

Example, I cannot taste bitterness. So stuff that's bitter sweet to people is just plain sweet to me. The thing about that is my specific receptor was broken, so It's not someone else's sweet. Of course, bitter is bitter. And blue is blue. It's funny actually, Sometimes my eye will see a color differently in each eye. So how do I know which eye sees the right color? I know my receptors good sir. Black and white are pure contrasting colors. Every other shade can be extracted from them.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   

Originally posted by micpsi
The great Surrealist painter Salvador Dali, who knew Patrice, was initiated by this Spanish secret society, and his painting "The Railway Station at Perpignan" depicts his experience of passing through the portal on the summit of Mount Canigou in the Catalan region of Spain.

That caught my attention, I've actually been on that very summit. There is an iron cross there with a yellow and red Catalan flag, it's a fairly well-known hike for tourists in the area.
edit on 23-1-2011 by bigrex because: (no reason given)

I just reread it though, the summit is actually in France not Spain.
edit on 23-1-2011 by bigrex because: more info

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 11:43 PM
link   
reply to post by Jedite

WOW. What a story.

I think there is a high probability of there being multiple time lines and people being able to slip in and out of various time lines for whatever reason. Ive heard so many stories similar to yours (too many for all of this to be a coincidence).

What I hear alot from people are the inconsistencies between their memories and what has actually occurred in this timeline. Some examples of this are remembering music albums being released a few years later than reported, remembering the deaths of celebrities or public figures only to find out they are currently alive.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:04 AM
link   
reply to post by chunder

I have read a few posts concerning the issue of the 1979 Francs/ 1905 Francs. I wondered about this myself when I first read the story. This is why I got excited years later seeing it on a Paranormal investigative show. What would the programme makers make of this fact, and others- the clothes, car, hairstyles and make-up style? All very different at the turn-of-the-century, I should imagine. Would the host even address it? HE DID IN THE ADDRESSING POINTS/ SUMMING UP part. This is one of the most interesting memories I have of the reconstructive programme, made with the couple, hope it adds something:

Couple are stunned at the "19 Francs bill". Pay the sum. Owner and wife take the money BUT they look at it, turn it over, quickly examine it in an interested but unintrusive manner AND glance toward the two Gendarmes eating at table behind the standing English couple. They then, matter-of-factly, put in the drawer/ till, and carry on in the moment as if all is right with the world.
Weeks later, when the couple are examining the events, this fact occurs to them, in a "why didin't we think this odd" kind of fashion. The owners didn't just take the payment...they looked, stroked it, turned it over...glanced to the police...STRANGER STILL- they then JUST POP IT in the till as if it was any other transaction!!!

The only thing that saddens and perplexes me is: Why has there been no opposing but complimentary stories...i.e. French hotel owners turn-of-century who have told of the night they met people who, years later they realise must of been from the future- clothes, car, makeup, luggage etc? No French family, or Bank, possesses 1979 notes that they claim to of obtained decades prior. No stories of the relatives of said Gendarmes, saying that their Uncle/ Grandad had a situation whereby they gave two English tourists directions at an Inn/ Farmhouse. "You know, now that I think of it, it wasn't right..their clothes, etc". They were TRAINED POLICEMEN. Even if, at the time of the event, the awareness of the un-naturalness resides with the "traveller", surely all concerned, upon reflection become aware that "SOMETHING wasn't quite right".

Just a thought.
Peace and God bless.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 05:57 AM
link   
My uncle has a similar story. He has always maintained it to be true and its weird enough that it wouldn't make sense to make it up although personally I can't quite believe it.

When he was nine or ten years old he was walking across fields on his way home from school. This was the route he took every day so he knew it well. This time, up ahead of him was a huge stone wall. As he got closer, a door in the wall opened and a woman in robes of some kind leant out and started beckoning him in and shouting 'come in, come in, quickly.'. Terrified, he turned and ran to the road, taking the long way home that day. He is in his sixties now and still claims this is true.

An interesting footnote to this is that the area my family is from has a large number of Roman settlements and the description he gave of the wall and the woman could be interpreted as being Roman.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:02 AM
link   
If you could travel faster than the speed of light, travel to Earth and witness your own birth, what would happen if you stopped the birth?

Would you cease to exist?

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:04 AM
link   
I hope when we die there is this Heavenly Help Desk where we can ask all of these questions and have easy answers back

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 11:29 AM
link   
reply to post by Seeker7

Xenephaydn (Sp?) had posted in my timeslip thread of "imprints" in certain areas, maybe I am thinking that the Hotel could have been an imprint that made itself solid temporarily, so the travelers actually never went to the past, but experienced a physical manifestation of an imprint. I happen to know ghosts can solidify, according to my stepdaughter's account of one night of hell in my PA home, where she saw a solid ghost and it touched her and she felt it just as solid as can be, and it wasn't cold like normal ghost stories, but was definately like a live physical being touching her, but she knew it was a ghost as no one else could have entered the house, plus nobody living would have eyes turn from blue to blood red. So maybe these imprnts of past events can become solid in the present? Just another theory. It would also explain why there was no reaction from the police or the clerk, I mean if they are in essence ghosts basically, why would they have been surprised? And imprints cannot do anything different, they have no conciousness to change things, they are in essence a recording of a past event and anything interrupting the natural playback would just be incorporated into the flow, if that makes any sense?
I wonder if there is a strong presence of natural deposits of crystal quartz in that area, as it is presumed that they could make this recording and play it back naturally.

posted on Jan, 24 2011 @ 12:06 PM
link   
This was a great read. Thankyou for your post. The wooden hotel one sounds a bit stange considering they ate and slept there.

new topics

top topics

<< 4  5  6    8  9  10 >>

join