It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inadvertent Time Travellers

page: 15
<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join
share:

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 11:57 AM
link   
Just joined two months ago and have only replied a couple of times, but I searched for a place to put my recent experiences. If this is not a proper thread for my reply I apologize. To preface experience I would like to state that I have had three ocular migraines in the past several years. No pain..just eyesight disturbance. Very weird. Colors rotating in my vision, like undulating out from any light source. Recently, a week ago i went to an opthamologist. Eyesight is fine except I do use reading glasses much to my dismay. Now, 2 weeks ago, my husband was walking up our front steps about ten feet ahead of me. He was in the light of the porch. All of a sudden it was like I was watching him frame by frame. A jerky kind of frame by frame. He was ten feet ahead then maybe 7 then 2. It was as if I had skipped the distance in between. It was such a peculiar feeling ( and no I am not on any illicit or legal drugs) that I said Oh my God out loud. He stopped at the front door and said what. I said nothing just had a weird feeling. And that was that. Yesterday driving in the car with my son, I had a moment where it felt like the whole car became weightless and shifted. This time i said f%^& because it scared the crap out of me. My son reprimanded me for the expletive and then said what is wrong. i asked him if he felt that. he said he didn't feel a thing. This was different but felt related to the first experience, because of something I cannot describe. Also, after the car experience, I felt physically ill for about 5 minutes. I have NO idea what this is. maybe a seizure? I do not have a history of them nor does anyone in my family. Both times though I felt as if I had literally "missed" something. Like a rock skip on a pond. I didn't blackout or anything. And it's only a second or a few of weirdness. has anyone experienced this? Maybe I need to see a neurologist- ha!

edit on 9-9-2012 by Marie13 because: spelling errors

posted on Sep, 9 2012 @ 01:31 PM
link   
I like stories in which people appear to accidentally and temporary travel to the future. This one is either one such story or it could be a case of people from the future having a timeslip back to the 1980s:

In the early 1980s, a British family was travelling on a West German autobahn. The road wasn’t busy, so naturally they noticed a lone vehicle approaching very fast on the other side of the motorway. It looked like no car they had ever seen – in fact it looked more like a UFO. No wheels were visible, and the vehicle seemed to be cylindrical in shape, with four round windows. Out of them, as this futuristic ‘car’ sped by, they saw four “very frightened faces” staring at them. If the British family saw phantoms from the future, the phantoms were equally amazed to be seeing an automobile from the distant past. Something like seeing a headless horseman on the A354 near Salisbury, perhaps.

I also remember reading one about a guy walking along a street somewhere in England when it suddenly changed and became unrecognisable. Everything seemed to be metallic. The road looked metallic and so did the houses. In fact, the road and houses all seemed to be one solid object.

And I remember another one in which a guy was walking in a city centre somewhere and again that changed and became futuristic. If I remember rightly he came out of a subway at the side of a busy road. He watched all the traffic coming past. But the "cars" didn't even have wheels and they were zooming past at a great speed like he had never scene on a normal road in a town before.

Here's a timeslip to the past which happened to an Englishman who suddenly found himself right in the middle of a 1643 English Civil War battle.....

A key event of the First English Civil War, the Battle of Hopton Heath (a small village in south Shropshire) was fought on Sunday, March 19, 1643, between Parliamentarian and Royalist forces. The battle ended at nightfall, with the actual victory and outcome still remaining matters of very much personal opinion: the Royalists, for example, had succeeded in capturing eight enemy-guns; while the Parliamentarians believed that their successful killing of the enemy commander, the Earl of Northampton, was of equal – if not even greater – significance.

More than 300 years later, one night in the winter of 1974, John ‘Davy’ Davis, aged 36, painter-and-decorator of Lichfield in Staffordshire, was driving near Hopton Heath when he began to feel unwell: a tightness developed in his chest, an odd feeling of lightheadedness overcame him, and his ‘left ear hurt and felt hot’.

Pulling over to the side of the road, Davis was amazed to see the night-sky suddenly transform into daylight, while the road in front of him no longer existed: instead, it had been replaced by a mass of fields, heath and tangled trees. Before his unbelieving eyes countless soldiers adorned in Civil War period clothing fought each other savagely. Notably, Davis said that although at one point he was ‘nearly bloody surrounded’ by the soldiers, it seemed as if they could neither see him nor his vehicle. To a degree, at least, this afforded Davis a degree of relief, as he was practically frozen to the spot, unable to drive away if he’d wanted to.

As it transpired, Davis didn’t need to go anywhere: a few seconds later, the bizarre scene suddenly vanished, and he found himself sitting at the side of the road, with his car squashed against a line of hedge. All had returned to normal.

Here's another....

Horning is an ancient village in Norfolk, situated between Wroxham and Ludham on the River Bure. The village’s Ferry Inn is typical of the many old taverns in the area and the 13th century church of St Benedict can be found half-a-mile east of the village.

On a summer’s afternoon in either 1978 or 1979, the Margoles family was enjoying a stroll around the picturesque village when they too were overcome by a feeling of uneasiness and unreality – as well as total silence, and a slight dizziness. That uneasiness became concern and then fright as the landscape became ‘fuzzy … like a big heat-haze’, the houses were replaced by ancient cottages, and the road ahead of them became little more than a muddy track. As for the cars that had been in sight: they were no more. Instead, a decrepit cart appeared, pulled by a large horse. A thin man dressed in brown walked alongside the horse; he took no notice of the family.

With equal suddenness, the modern-day sounds of cars and voices returned and the strange spectacle vanished. But it seems Mrs Margoles may have been exposed to the odd scene for slightly less time than her husband and 11-year-old son.

‘I looked at them when I came out of it,’ recalled Mrs Margoles in a 1997 interview, ‘and it was like they were in a trance: their mouths were hanging down, and their eyes looked funny. Then they looked like they woke up.’

And here's one more:

It happened in the late 1990s (can’t remember exactly when – sorry) in King’s Lynn, Norfolk, England. My dad, sister and I were in the town to send my sister off on the train and we were passing time standing by a fence near the railway station from which one could see a road and roundabout ahead. It was about noon and we had no agenda at that time other than to wait before heading to the station and there was a lull in the conversation.

We were all casually looking straight ahead when suddenly the atmosphere changed. The sound of the traffic around us stopped abruptly – as if someone had literally turned the volume right down. The air seemed to change too; it became very still; spookily still and no sound could be heard. None of us spoke. Then there came the sound of horses hooves on the road and within a few seconds we saw a horse and cart, driven by a large, angry-looking man, dressed in what I estimate to be 18th century clothes. He was of very rough, dirty appearance and his cart was well-used. He drove the cart around in a circle, all the time staring around, sometimes directly at us, sometimes away but looking absolutely furious as though he was looking for someone he wanted to kill. His face was red with hatred and he was a big, rough-looking man – someone you would definitely not want to cross. Eventually, he turned the horse and cart around and drove it off down the same road from which he had appeared and we could hear the horses hooves disappearing into the distance.

Immediately the sound had gone, the atmosphere changed back again and the sound of modern traffic and the din of a modern town returned again. We all three looked at each other; shaken and almost disbelieving but once we had asked the inevitable “Did you see that?” and received the answer “yes” we were even more shaken. It was such a peculiar experience and one which I shall never forget.

Was this a time slip? We didn’t notice any other changes; the buildings and road layout seemed the same but that part of King’s Lynn had remained unchanged for many years (although I understand it is quite different now) so I don’t know but it spooked us all for sure!

www.uncannyuk.com...

edit on 9-9-2012 by Sicksicksick because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Wow... Okay so long time lurker, poster and contributor who kind of disappeared off the face of the planet (not literally lol) for a bit due to personal and work issues.

Anyway Time Travel, slips, Dimensional slips etc are all absolute passions and major research areas of mine, more prominently since my own very strange experience I wrote about here in August '11, I'll post it below and see what people think of it...

But to cut a long story short it got me wondering, if there are infinite multiples of ourselves throughout what we call 'time' moving through the Universe etc as 'time' moves on and whatnot along with multiple possibilities of ourselves on an alt' dimensional level... Does this mean that if something tragic happens to us and we live through a "near-death" experience (to us at least) there's a possibility that in 'our' time/dimension we may actually have died but our spirit/consciousness has actually slipped off, elsewhere to continue on? So, for us it would mean that we just 'had a near-death experience'?

Anyway here's the story I'd written back in August of last year...

Anyway... So about three years ago I was rushing to get home from University for Christmas (was in my final year) and I'd gotten on a train from West Drayton to London Paddington it was totally falling down (rain) and there was thunder and lightning... As we were roughly about three minutes away or so (I traveled the route regularly but didn't count it) from Paddington station I'd called my mum to tell her I'd be home within the next half-hour or so.

Whilst chatting to her on the phone, the train began to rock a little and I could hear the brakes hitting hard... I could also hear what sounded like screams coming from people in the carriages further up front - The next thing I remember was the tannoy announcement "We're now at London Paddington, where this train terminates" Everything was absolutely fine and my mum was on the other end of the phone asking me if everything was okay because I'd been 'cutting out' a lot.

since this incident a lot of things have seemed extremely strange to me, that cause other people to think I'm an idiot (to put it bluntly) - Some to do with 'major newsworthy events' and others to do with really minor things... For example at the time the TV show "Two and a half men" had allegedly been around for 5yrs yet I had no recollection of the show because I recall Charlie Sheen dying of a heart attack back in 1999...

I also don't recall Saddam Hussein being executed back in 2006, I don't recall him ever actually being captured, to put a finer mark on it. I had several arguments with friends over whether or not this had actually happened as well as the death of Princess Diana - Many friends tell me it happened at the end of this month, in 1997 when I am convinced it happened around Christmas time of 1999 (same incident though 'car crash' in Paris with Dodi Al Fayed.

There are other 'situations' that don't seem to correspond with my recollection of these events... But these are the most prominent I can remember but my big question is... WTF Happened to me, on that day??

Timeslip? Partial Slip? Did I die and move on? - It's all extremely confusing

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 05:23 AM
link   
Sorry to DP but I also found the list I'd made when writing the above post which I'd detailed some of the 'big' things that had happened or not happened, as I remembered them here they are.

Okay... So I was asked earlier in this thread to detail out exactly what I personally knew 'historically' or whatever that may be different from what actually has happened... Some of these will be repeitions of things I mentioned earlier. I'll try and be as chronological as I can it's quite a short list for what I can recall tbh.

• Nelson Mandela was executed in Prison in 1990.

• In 1993 an Earthquake killed more than 300 people in California, including two well known celebrities (their names escape me, sorry)

• In 1999 both Princess Diana & Charlie Sheen passed away. Diana's via car crash in Paris, France; Sheen died of a heart attack allegedly attributed to an O.D of sorts.

• 9/11 did occur, however there was never a fourth plane, in PA.

• Saddam Hussein was never captured and therefore never executed.

• Heath Ledger [as far as I recall] did not die and in fact finished making a film which was to be released in Christmas 2008 titled "Seven steps to Heaven".

And one personal one I can think of is recalling a girl I went to school with & had a massive crush on when I was like 8-9 years old... I tried looking her up on Facebook under any name I could think of including her middle one(s) and using [nee] within the search... I then asked a guy I went to school w/ and still hang out with who I remember arguing with at the time over "whose girlfriend she was" and he doesn't remember her, at all. - In fact he asked if I was sure she wasn't my 'imaginary friend'.

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:00 AM
link   
Just something else, whilst no-one else is posting lol... I've lived in this area for my entire life, literally... (I'm 30 now) and something strange has just occurred to me... 3 things actually. The first two are 'Street-Lights'.

Photo 1

This particular one is literally outside my house... Now, I am SURE I would have remembered the council coming and changing them. Last I'd checked we had typical "Lamp Posts" dotted all throughout our Calder sack here... But upon walking out of the house now it's only just struck me we now have these.

Photo 2

This one is just around the corner from my house, as you walk out of the Calder sack and toward the shops... Where this photo is taken there has never been a 'street light', that I can ever recall! However where the phone box is, there were 2 more next to it (to my right) which would have been slightly obstructing my view...

This third photo is of an antenna or something of sorts, on top of a building opposite my Calder sack that I know matter of factly was never there before! But something I would definitely remember the council or whoever putting up as it's directly in my line of view as I walk out of the Calder sack and I always look up at the Penthouse there as I recall wanting to live there (for some reason lol) since it was built...

Photo 3

lol what's even stranger still, is that the "captcha" that come up whilst I was uploading this last photo to tinypic... Was "Forget This"...

posted on Nov, 18 2012 @ 08:13 AM
link   
Very interesting stories. I like the one about the alien type men.

edit on 18-11-2012 by RussianScientists because: (no reason given)

posted on Nov, 19 2012 @ 12:32 PM
link   
Wanted to pick this up a bit because I'm just wondering if anyone who's been through this thread knows of any occurrences or stories from where they are, locally?

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 12:55 PM
link   
Easily the most fascinating thread I have ever read on ATS.

Has anyone here ever read the book, "The Holographic Universe"?

In some way, I think it might help explain some of this.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 04:01 PM
link   

Originally posted by followtheevidence

Easily the most fascinating thread I have ever read on ATS.

Followtheevidence, it's certainly up there mate -here's the new address for the 'Strange But True' episode dealing with timeslips.

There was also a video relevant to this thread about a British artist called David Mandell but it looks to have been completely removed from the internet
- here's some info about him anyway:

The Man Who Paints The Future

Cheers.

posted on Jul, 30 2013 @ 04:49 PM
link   
I´m a "freshman" as a member but I´ve been reading ATS for some years.

Only today I noticed this thread and I´ve already talked about this topic on another thread in this forum (this year).

To A55A551N:

I remember Ernest Borgnine death in early 1990´s (not in 2012 as this seems to be a fact!).
I also remember the death of a known politician in my country. In this case the death occurred in late 1980`s - early 1990´s and I even remember his ex-wife talking about his death on the TV news).
To my surprise, in the late 1990´s I found that he was still alive (and in 2013 he is still alive!!!)!

These are the most evident cases that I recall for the time being. There are some other "bits" that don´t quite fit in our current timeline.

So, yes, I think that timeslip can happen. I have no clue why they happen.
And for those seeking to experiment this, I must say that is quite an odd feeling and leaves you very confused.

posted on Dec, 10 2014 @ 11:33 AM
link   
a reply to: [post=10399639]Jedite[/post

I have only just come across your remarkable story and hope you are still visiting ATS. I tried to send a private message but got only a note saying "private messages can only be sent to ATS staff." So I sent a message to ATS STaff asking to be put in touch with you only to be told "Private messages can only be sent to ATS Staff"... Actually I think websites are even stranger than time slips.

I have been investigating this phenomenon for nearly 2 years and your case comes closest to something I had begun to think was unobtainable -- the Holy Grail of time slip research, a time slip confirmed by witnesses in both time periods.

Do you actually know the identities of the two older witnesses, or do you still see them around? It would be great to get a written account from them to match with yours!

posted on Dec, 25 2014 @ 01:55 AM
link   
I want to give my experience, it happen 3-4 years ago in Bandung, in Cibaduyut road, me, dad & mom is coming home from.. i forgot what we do lol..

im the one driving, its like 8PM , the road is famous for having a lot of motorcycle accident and death by that accident, so that night im in All New Picanto car, driving relaxed.. somehow the road in front of me is so dark, and my car light isnt helping , and the road also have minimum lightning, i see suddenly theres a fast approaching light from opposite direction , and i feel the car is coming to me right in the middle of the road fast, so i take evasive manuever to the left (we use left side).. then i saw that car past me, and.. thats an 1950-70 American car with 2 people inside, i didnt clearly see whos the people inside because they move so fast , NO SOUND when they past me (Picanto soundproof isnt good, so i should hear any car that go past me), and my dad & mom didnt react panicked or something , they didnt see what i saw & also didnt feel i make any evasive maneuver.. soo... yeah.. (and my mom usually scared or scream if theres any sudden stop, too fast, evasive manuever)
edit on 25-12-2014 by SEDRChang because: (no reason given)

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 12:00 AM
link   
This is my second time attempting this post so my apologies if punctuation and such is off, still pissed I lost my entire post...

This happened to me in the mid90s (I was about 12-13) and was in my back yard throwing around a football with my best friend. He threw an overzealous pass that went over my head and deep into the woods, and rolled down into a dried up creek bed that had 5 ft embankments on each side. I told my buddy I'd grab the ball and went off after it.

I found the ball, climbed down into the creek bed to retrieve it and when I bent down to pick it up, everything went silent. Eerily silent. No birds, no wind, no critters scrambling around, nothing. Then I got the chills, permafrost chills that made me tremble for a moment. Then I stood up with the ball, but immediately dropped it again...

Standing on the embankment just above me was a young girl in a Victorian style dress, staring at me. (I say Victorian but Im no historical fashion expert) She looked a little younger than me at the time, I figured around 8-10 years old. Her whole presence was muddled, as if a Sepia filter had been placed over her, but it wasn't overwhelmingly so and more pink than orange colored. I was frozen still, but we stood there for a moment almost studying each other. She looked at me as if I were a curiosity but while she hadn't been startled like I had, seemed unsure or somewhat set aback by me. Like I could have been a dog that she was unsure about temperament. We both continued to stand there, motionless staring at each other, in equal parts awe and aghast. In my mind anyway.

After another few moments I decided I needed backup and yelled for my buddy to come quick. No response. This time I yell over my shoulder as loudly as I can, but no response. When I turn back to the girl, she's gone. Vanished. A little spooked, I ran back to the yard to tell my friend what happened, but he was nowhere to be found. I ran inside to find him watching TV. I asked wtf happened to him, why he came in and bailed on football so quickly.

His response: "Dude you went to get the ball and never came back! I stuck around for like 20 minutes, even yelled for you a bunch of times. You didn't respond so I said eff it and came in."

The whole ordeal for me was maybe 2 minutes, but to my buddy I was gone for over 30 min.

This situation was the catalyst in my life that changed everything. It changed the way I think, the way I view the world and our Universe, it made me understand that the "impossible" is quite possible, it opened my mind to strive to find and understand the truth; and I have been ever since.

This happened nearly 20 years ago, but I can imagine that moment crisply and perfectly like I'm watching a video of it. I have had other strange occurances in my lifetime, but that moment, those 2-30 minutes changed everything in an instant. I wouldn't be the person I am today had I not experienced what I did.

My theory is dimensional spillage or bleed over, however I believe it's equally possible one or both of us somehow stumbled into a temporary time distortion.

I thought ATS would be interested.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 10:53 AM
link   
That is a fascinating story, and the fact that it had a real impact on your thinking aftrwards is impressive. I think a lot of people try to forget these events, if they experience them, because they don't want their oversimplified view of the universe threatened.

I have been researching this business, in the context of a local mystery, for the last 18 months, and I am currently starting to compile a catalogue of cases available in the literature and online. I anticipate there will be well over 200 cases in all. I have developed a very simple classification system, which will require some modification. At the moment it is: Type 1 -- a vague, blurred, or otherwise unusual image, which clearly differs from a normal visual perception;
Type 2 -- a sharp, realistic image which the witness automatically takes as a normal perception;
Type 3 -- the witness seems to enter an environment from another time, he can see people but they seem unaware of his presence and there is no communication
Type 4 -- the witness is fully integrated into another time, can communicate with people there, can touch and hold objects in the environment.

But there are a lot of cases, like yours, that don't fit so easily, because the perception is not "natural" but the people (or some of them) do perceive the witness.

The missing time element is not often met (or at least noticed) but in one case a 4 hour walk was followed by a 10 minute return walk (during which features had aged many years), and the witnesses subsequently found they had lost 30 hours in all!

I have written a report on my investigations so far and here is a link if you would like to download it:

www.dropbox.com...

Thanks again for sharing your fascinating experience.

posted on Dec, 27 2014 @ 11:37 AM
link   
What an interesting thread. I have many ideas about what time is (probably not very scientific) and I am being lazy and will look for some linkies later on.

I love time-slip stories. I think that this sort of thing could go towards explaining encounters with ghosts - an incomplete time-slippage for the viewer maybe? Or maybe the events through time are recorded on to the environment (wood, stone etc.). If these are repetitive, someone walking to work, or particularly violent then they might make a better recording. Under the correct circumstances this can get "played back" like you would with a record on a record player, and a person can see them.

Maybe time is actually happening all at once and it is compressed into a simultaneous moment. We perceive this "moment". That is, our senses collect the information, and as our brains decode it, we experience the flow of time as we move through the information in a logical way (present) creating a past (decoded) and a future (not decoded).

In the ghost/time slip occurrence, maybe under a special set of circumstances (weather/state of mind etc.) we somehow temporarily move away from our "path" and traverse to another point.

Someone a way back was talking about seeing and not seeing colour. There are many interesting topics on the senses and brain function and eyesight. I watched a documentary about a women who could only see things that were on one side (I can't remember which) due to the way her brain was wired up. When asked to read from a book she would only read the words from the side she could perceive and would ignore anything on the other side of this invisible line. Objects too would cease to exist for her if moved away from one side and into the other.

With the deterioration of eyesight it is not unusual to see things that aren't there as the brain remembers most of what we see. Usually this works well, but as the eyesight diminishes more and more, the brain has to compensate for more and remembers incorrectly.

I had a book on the Philadelphia Project when I was a teenager (I was really into stuff like that). I am still uncertain as to which parts are fact and which are fiction, but I am sure it will be a mixture of the two. Earlier in the thread someone said that the ships documents had been released but the parts covering the period of the experiment were not there and had been erased, destroyed. If nothing happened i.e.

If it was just an experiment to do with degaussing and radar invisibility (and nothing else) then would there be a need to hide that information? It is interesting to read that once the ship was sold on there were problems with it like a haunted ship that created a bad atmosphere.

Most of the stories in time slips deal with people going backwards in time. Maybe the ghosts we see are the other way round, with the people visiting us from the past as the ghost. There seem to be more accounts of people from a time period closer to our present going back and I suspect that the lack of past accounts of time-slips is that this would be interpreted as madness/possession/being a witch etc. and experiences were kept quiet.

It is interesting too how it is not just the person, but multiple people and their vehicles too that go back which would suggest that is it more than perception maybe. Mmmm a great subject to think about

Oh and are UFO's people from the future coming back to visit us?
edit on 27/12/2014 by YarlanZey because: (no reason given)

edit on 27/12/2014 by YarlanZey because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 04:58 AM
link   
a reply to: CarlGrove

Sorry I just seen you're post. I've seen them around a few times when I lived in Iowa. Ended up talking to them once, they ran into me while I was at work. We talked a little bit on it. She seemed to think it was the work of god putting them at the right place at the right time. I was just freaked because an advent that just happened maybe no more then a week or so ago they are claiming happened 3 years. The husband thought I was pulling his chain so we talked a bit more about it. I don't know if he took it seriously. I just remember she did,like I said, she kept saying it was god's will and that they probably prevented something worse and they shouldn't question an miracle. I have a few friends back there I can ask if they are still around.

I haven't really thought of much on it till recently after a few stories my parents and relatives have told me about when I was a kid. I've had a few strange run ins, some I've totally blocked out. So I guess I shouldn't be to surprised. But if I find any more info on it, or if you want anymore info let me know.

posted on Jan, 6 2015 @ 11:31 AM
link   
Thanks for the additional info, Jedite. It seems the husband doesn't want to say much about it, and the wife doesn't want to question it, which I can understand. I think she may be right -- maybe something nasty might have happened to you if they hadn't picked you up. I don't believe these things happen "at random" as a lot of people think. If you do get another chance to contact them, maybe ask if they could write out a brief account of what happened from their point of view. Dates and times if possible. I only know of one other case where there seem to be accounts from both ends of a time slip, and that's not as convincing as yours!

I suspect a lot of people have similar experiences, especially when young, but their internal censor attempts to repress them. If you do ever recall the events, or you would like to post them here, I'm sure everyone following this thread would be very grateful.

Thanks again
Carl

posted on Feb, 24 2015 @ 11:21 AM
link   
a reply to: Jedite

Working on my catalogue of time slip cases, I have come across two cases in which a young boy saw his older self (one sensed that it was him), and then later in life they each relived the incident when they had a vision of their younger self. Obviously this can't carry the same evidential value of your experience (as there is actually only the one witness in such cases) but it shows that these things are happening. I have tried to send you a personal message but ATS won't let me! I don't want my email address to be captured by some robot email address seeker, so if I say that it is just my name followed by yahoo dot co dot uk you should hopefully be able to reach me.

Best wishes,
Carl

posted on Feb, 25 2015 @ 07:47 AM
link   
The sea of time

posted on Jul, 4 2015 @ 12:38 AM
link   
Found this site entirely by accident via means of googling "time slips" and figured I'd add my story to this excellent thread.

That being said, one of the oddest and most unexplainable things that ever happened to me was about 20 years ago at a shopping mall. I was around 15 years old at the time and my Dad figured it would be cool if we took a ride out to this mall by Umass to see what they had. Everything seemed pretty normal till we decided to get something to eat at the pizza restaurant that was in the mall (it was a Papa Geno or Sbarro in one of the corners of the mall by an entrance/ exit, can't remember). When we were walking in there I had a strong feeling of dread and anxiety as my old man did, he gave me this really confused look that I still remember. Something was off and reality seemed to bend and become distorted. Everyone in the place stopped what they were doing and looked at us, they were all dressed like they were straight from the early 80s, there was even a old timey soda fountain. So we ordered a few slices and ate them relatively fast then got out of dodge quickly. As soon as we left the restaurant the weird feeling of dread and anxiety was lifted and everything else was normal, we were back in the 90s.

Here's where it gets weird, we went back a few months later and there was no restaurant...there was a food court that had apparently "been there for years". We would randomly bring it up and talk about how strange it was and how it felt like we "stepped back into the 80s". To this day I still can't make any sense of what transpired that day.

top topics

<< 12  13  14    16 >>

join