It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inadvertent Time Travellers

page: 13
<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join
share:

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 10:03 PM
link   

Originally posted by teradactus

5.) On a school trip to the woods in the early 90s, the class group were all heading back to the bus to take us back to school, when one of the girls started crying. It became apparant that she had left her purse with money (less than a pound as it stood), so we all went back in the woods to look for it. Standing there I felt something tugging me to a certain direction, and even tho nothing was clearly tugging at me, I followed it all the same. A few hundred yards later, I could hear my teacher shouting at me to come back, but I was transfixed to a spot on the ground. I looked down, and underneath a fallen brown leaf was a purse (no where near where any of us had been earlier), I shouted "I found it" and walked back with it in my hand, only for me to get there and be accused of stealing it in the first place!

Well all those stories were really about precognition. Do you still do stuff like this? This one I have quoted is of special interest to me. Maybe you can help me, see I have lost a very important gold bracelet just this week, do you think you could tell me where it may be? I know it's a long shot and a lot to ask, but if you could try maybe? Please!!!! I am dead serious. I am this close to going onto craigslist to enlist a nearby psychic but of course this will cost me money to do.
edit on 5-2-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling

edit on 5-2-2011 by ldyserenity because: "I" was missing

posted on Feb, 7 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
I have had a lot of these things popping in my head lately.. The problem is I cant seem to figure them out, until I see the things unfolding in front of me.. I wish I knew how to get an understanding before it is to late.. Any help?

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:16 PM
link   
Man, What a great thread, and one of my favorite topics. I love the time slip stories a lot! I find them to be more intriguing and more likely to be true than stories of time traveling ie. Al Bilek, Titor.. etc. Even if mostly or completely untrue, it is still so much fun to ponder!

S & F for you OP!

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 07:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Startruth144

You would like this thread. chek it out.

posted on Feb, 8 2011 @ 08:10 PM
link   
reply to post by TechVampyre

Very much up my alley! Thank you for pointing this thread out to me!

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
My mother told me of a time travelling story that happened to us in the 70's. We were being offered by the Council a new house about 30 miles away in the country. My mother wanted to go and check it out so asked my father to run us but he was too busy with work that day, so she took my 2 brothers, sister and me with her on the bus to look at the new estate.
Everyone gradually departed the bus until it was just us left then we came to he terminus and the bus driver asked us to get off as this was as far as he was going. My mother said we wanted to head to the new estate being built and the bus driver said go down that road there and the bus to the estate would take us there.
So, we headed down waiting on a bus and sure enough it came towards us but it was not a new bus, like the old buses you see in the 1940's. My mother thought well it is in the country maybe they are utilising old buses for local destinations?
We got on and the bus driver asked my mother were we wee going? She replied to the new estate but the bus driver looked puzzled. He said he did not know what she was talking about but said to sit down and if she recognised it then to hop off.
My mother was confused by then as she went to get us seats and noticed all the people on the bus were dressed in clothes from the 40's era.
She thought to herself, this is odd but maybe in the country people still dress like this? She spoke to someone sitting nearby about her dilemma as no one seemed to know what she was talking about.
The woman asked her where she got the portable pram (the baby buggy had just came out about then) that my youngest brother was lying in?
My mum replied she got it in town at Goldbergs, a local high street store well known at the time. The passenger did not know what she was talking about.
My mother said everyone on the bus was looking at her and us with suspicion, as if they realised we shouldn't be there either.
Then a small village came into view and that was the last stops yet again. My mother got out, and asked others on the road where this new housing estate was?
No one knew what she was talking about. We went into a cafe to get something to eat. Yet again it was a back in time moment as everyone was dressed the same. We stood out like a sore thumb.
My mother rushed out and we ran back to the same bus going the other way and swiftly got on.
By this time my mother did not speak to anyone, just wanted this to end. We got off at the same spot and watched the bus carry on up the road we were going to catch the bus back to town.
My mother wondered why the bus went up the same road we were heading but the bus went out of sight by then.
We waited for the bus back to town and it duly appeared, a modern bus with automatic doors. She got on with us and breathed a sigh of relief that we were heading back home.
She told my father who was a lorry driver and he said that she was havering (confused, delusional) and he would drive us out the next day.
We drove up the same road as the modern bus, then took the pike in the road to the new housing estate and passed the old bus stop that we had waited on.
the road was the same and we then saw in the distance the partly built houses of the new estate come into view.
Arriving at the destination my mother was shaking and confused. How was the housing estate here but it was not there the previous day?
My mother then asked my dad to drive on to see if we could come across the village and there it was 6 miles up the road.
But it was modern looking, not old fashioned as she had seen it the previous day?
My dad was by this time loosing his patience at her rantings and they argued on the way home.
We never moved there as the experience spooked my mother so much she did not want to ever go back there, and to live there was a definitely not an option.
I don't remember this but it sounds just like the stories mentioned here.

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:20 AM
link   
reply to post by DeafRaz

I can see photoshop traces on the back tyre and the photo is over exposed but the car is exposed perfectly. I think someone has doctored this photo?
Here is a thread that I commented on recently that is a Charlie Chaplin movie where you can see a woman walking in the shot with what appears to be a mobile phone to her ear talking into it? It has 310 flags and has not been debunked yet as far as I know.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 06:57 AM
link   

Originally posted by kalenga
reply to post by DeafRaz

I can see photoshop traces on the back tyre and the photo is over exposed but the car is exposed perfectly. I think someone has doctored this photo?
Here is a thread that I commented on recently that is a Charlie Chaplin movie where you can see a woman walking in the shot with what appears to be a mobile phone to her ear talking into it? It has 310 flags and has not been debunked yet as far as I know.

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Oh yes it was debunked. Thoroughly so. By every forum on the internet, including ATS. But you need to plough through the pages of that thread to find the most likely interpretation.

On the other hand, if any of you want to learn about REAL time travel (not just anecdotal stories), that solves at the same time the great historical mystery of Rennes-le-Chateau and ironically links to Charlie Chaplin's family, read the book "The Portal" by Patrice Chaplin, Chaplin's first daughter-in-law. She is a playwright and author (one of her books was turned into the Hollywood film "Siesta"). Here is a web page about her:
www.patricechaplin.com...
Before reading this amazing account of her initiation into a secret Spanish society that practised time travel, you should read as background her book "Secrets of Girona", made into this documentary:
vimeo.com...
It describes how she discovered that her life-long lover, the Spanish poet Jose Tarres, was the custodian of this society. It had involved the mysteriously wealthy French priest Berenger Sauniere, who encoded in his church at Rennes-le-Chateau in France the society's great secret about a certain ancient, Kabbalistic ritual that enabled its members to time travel. She underwent this ritual and claims to have passed through a higher-dimensional portal on Mount Canigou to travel back into her past lives. Her book "The Portal" describes her initiation and climactic experience.

edit on 10-2-2011 by micpsi because: typo corrected

posted on Feb, 14 2011 @ 05:52 AM
link   
Here's another strange account from Canada in 1895:

Inspector Denny of the N.W.M.P. and His View of the Past

In 1895 Inspector Cecil Edward Denny of the North West Mounted Police took a trip from the Fort of Old Man river to the foot hills of the mountains, in an "Indian rubber boat" which he said was impossible to tip. But he was caught in a rain and lighting storm with steady lighting. So he had to disbark from the river and stay on land for a while. During his trip he saw a Cree encampment (he knew it was Cree by the symbols on the tipis), and "I could plainly hear the drums beating... and the sound of the Indian "Hi-ya" mingling with it" (p. 116) during the storm. He noticed that he could see the fires from within the tipis i.e. they had the front flap open, which he thought was strange because it was so wet, and usually the Cree are careful to avoid anything getting wet during a rainstorm. When he approached one of the tipi lodges it was surrounded by blue lightening. There was a terrific clap of lighting which hit a nearby tree, and Inspector Denny was hit with "electrical fluid" - he was lucky to escape with his life. But now Denny was then surprised that all that was around him now was broken trees and wet forest. With this sudden change Inspector Denny felt a wave of terror, he dropped his rifle and ran to the river bank. There was no evidence of hearths, tipi rings were almost covered with grass. And there was evidence of human remains. The whole site that he was going to visit dissapppeared. He was told, later, that two generations ago this group of Crees had been wiped out by the Blackfoot.

Had he entered the village would Inspector Denny have gone back in time?

link

Cheers.

posted on Feb, 18 2011 @ 02:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by daleomaleo
These are awesome stories, however, I emphasize the word "stories." A lot of them sound like something someone would see while taking drugs. Aliens chilling at a texas roadhouse driving egg cars? Cmon

Ummm, I'm not sure what drugs you're talking about but I'll take a kilo or two (on credit of course)
They would have to be pretty hefty drugs to cause a hallucination of that magnitude. Generally drug induced hallucinations tend to use more of the actual visual sensory information available but it's just "jumbled" and processed by the brain at different rates - not really inventing completely fabricated worlds - and more than one person experiencing the exact same hallucination ??
More like schizophrenic delusion than drugs but more than one person corroborating the delusion negates this a bit too
edit on 18-2-2011 by skonaz because: feng shui

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:07 AM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Thanks for the post, not sure if my experience could be called time traveller, and if so it is harrowing. I am now in my late 40's, but since a very young age I can recall being in the middle of a war in Europe, I know from the memory that I was killed by soldiers, I must have been about 4 years old. I can vividly recall the building I was killed in, as it was a unique styled two storey house (traingular style) with a sharp front pointing into a street intersection. The house was collapsed on top of me and my family after we had been murdered by the soldiers. It was a grey and dismal day and I can still visualise the collapsed wall of our home.

I have had this memory since I was really young, and now 40 years later I can still see it clearly in my mind (I could easily draw the building and street scene now,) as well as the soldiers who murdered us.

I know in my heart it was somewhere in Europe during the second world war, and my family and I at that time died a horrible death.

So not sure if this is time travelling, perhaps more along the lines of reincarnation.

By the way, I have never lived in Europe, I have spent my life in Australia.

Interested in your thoughts?

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:15 AM
link   

Originally posted by searchforknowledge
reply to post by Rising Against

Thanks for the post, not sure if my experience could be called time traveller, and if so it is harrowing. I am now in my late 40's, but since a very young age I can recall being in the middle of a war in Europe, I know from the memory that I was killed by soldiers, I must have been about 4 years old. I can vividly recall the building I was killed in, as it was a unique styled two storey house (traingular style) with a sharp front pointing into a street intersection. The house was collapsed on top of me and my family after we had been murdered by the soldiers. It was a grey and dismal day and I can still visualise the collapsed wall of our home.

I have had this memory since I was really young, and now 40 years later I can still see it clearly in my mind (I could easily draw the building and street scene now,) as well as the soldiers who murdered us.

I know in my heart it was somewhere in Europe during the second world war, and my family and I at that time died a horrible death.

So not sure if this is time travelling, perhaps more along the lines of reincarnation.

By the way, I have never lived in Europe, I have spent my life in Australia.

Interested in your thoughts?

Do some research . I would love to read your findings
edit on 20-2-2011 by gandalphthegrey because: (no reason given)

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:23 AM
link   
These time slip stories keep popping up more often lately and like others have said, I believe that it might have something to do with 2012.

I have an experience that I get often and shared it earlier but got no reply because the thread is dead.
I'll post it again here because its an active thread and I'd really like to know if there are others that often experience this weird phenomenon.

Sometimes when reading (either on the mac or reader) at home I will get so involved in what I'm doing that I will lose sense of my physical location so to speak.

Its like this; When on the mac I KNOW that to my right is a printer and a bunch of dragon figurines and I KNOW that to my left is the kitchen table and the microwave.
Sometimes for a second or two I will get the feeling that I'm in a different location such as a different house or a previous house.
It will then FEEL like I know that to my left is a yellow wall with a window as aposed to the microwave, kitchen table, and white wall with no window.
Then when I physically look to the left and see the kitchen table it startles me because in that exact point in time I'm expecting to see the yellow wall and a window.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 12:26 AM
link   
reply to post by gandalphthegrey

Thanks, have thought about that before. But to be honest would not be even sure where to start to research as it is only clear in my mind. I have spoken to my family, parents, siblings about it many years ago, but none of them have any recall or recount so it only seems to be me. In addition, the family I recall in the vivid memories are not the family I was born into 47 years ago.

posted on Feb, 20 2011 @ 10:43 PM
link   
Long time reader of the site, first time poster.

I had an experience like this. First time going over to my friend's house, we go up to his room and for some reason, I ask him: "Hey, when did you get rid of your bunkbed?"

He told me that he hasn't had a bunkbed for 5 years. He had never mentioned ever owning one either. To this day, he still brings it up from time to time.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 08:14 AM
link   
reply to post by searchforknowledge

That's actually very interesting!

I'd love to read up on some of your findings also.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:37 PM
link   
To reply to people that asked me about my travel to that town...

Well, AFTER the experience, ALL the previous events of 2008 came back like a PERFECT replica, and it all started on Groundhog day...
I'm living into a complete deja vu since that day...

ITS AMAZING.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 04:43 PM
link   

Originally posted by Zagari
Oh my God, this could explain an event in my life and my father's life that I never thought about in such detail...

It was March 19 2008, late afternoon, we were returning home from a city we went in so many times, but all of a sudden my father can't recognize the street and we are lost in the dark...
We lose ONE hour wondering in the dark trying to recollect the right way to go and finally we find the way home...

I recognize that day as a very fateful day because so many things are changed since that day...But I never thought about a time slip until now...

That same night, I met a boy who than I was going to discover that me and this boy shared all the friends, same friends but I've never met him before that day...Like he came out from nothing...

The following month was the freakiest of my life, I had some experiences I would read about later the same experiences some ATSers had in 2008...

The sun's light was more bluish and the sun was more shining, so much that I had to wear sun glasses in May, for two weeks, something I never did, because I usually start wearing sunglasses in July.

The sun-light changed in mid- May 2008, but life was never the same for me anymore...
I still meet almost everyday this boy who came out to share all my friends from nothing...

I went from not knowing about him to meeting him almost everyday with my friends since that very day...

Did we change universe? Cool way to explain all this stuff...

ALSO: We never went to that city anymore after that day...But we planned to return this year in a few weeks...
edit on 23-1-2011 by Zagari because: (no reason given)

Guys, I'm living IN A TIME LOOP LIFE since that very day...
Actually it all started on February 2...

Same situations, all exactly like that in 2008, with different people, but I can't find any difference what so ever...

Febraury 2 2011 was Groundhog day, this deja vu experience is lasting since that very day NO STOP.

posted on Mar, 8 2011 @ 06:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Zagari

Wow, interesting,

Bumping this thread in case those whom were interested missed your post. There was a lot of them.

posted on Mar, 29 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
I haven't posted a great deal to this thread, particularly because I was enjoying reading what other people had to share rather than post my own experience(s) to be honest. But, I feel I should share it now as It have the potential to fit into the "Inadvertent time traveler" kind of scenario... I guess.

Anyway, I don't have a particularly interesting tale to share, or a particularly long one really, I'm just looking for information or some feedback from someone. Even a nice discussion on something that occurred to me. Something that I'm admittedly not even sure is "anything" at all.

Basically, as I was growing up, I moved from another country (Scotland) to this one I'm in now (England). And I can remember growing up in around 4 separate houses in total, this one being the 4th. I was very young at this time also, maybe around 6-8 years old (My memory on this is sketchy at best) One thing I'll note at this point is that I can distinctively, despite being young, remember watching the terrible events of 9/11 on the television after coming home from school as well. It was something that really stuck out in my mind growing up. Something I can remember seeing quite clerly from my second house also.

I can even remember where I was sat, how I felt, the shock on my parents face all the while I wasn't quite comprehending the severity of the situation. But I know where I was and what I experienced.

I can also remember living in the first house for a mere couple of weeks (As it was temporary while my parents "got on there feet" so to speak), then I can remember living in the next house maybe around a year or so, then the next for about 4-5 in total. Although these are rough estimates from what I can remember myself. And finally that puts me at living in the house I'm in for around 5-6 years give or take so which personally feels about right for me.

But I was talking to my step-father the other day (also at this point both my parents feel the times don't seem to add up too) and according to the official records and documents and so on, We've been living in this house now for around 9-10 years in total. Something which seems to make absolutely no sense what so ever. Especially since we've been living just in this country for a while longer than this period of time.

That means my own memories of such events like 9/11 appear to be completely false - not forgetting tons of other memories that don't make sense anymore.

I've been reassured that there is no possible mistake with the records and we have in fact lived here for this amount of time which to me is absolutely fascinating but again, It seems to make no sense at all. Anyway, I'm just curious about what others may think of this. I'm inclined to believe a mistake has occurred along the way personally but who knows, could be an inadvertent dose of time traveling I suppose.

Anyway, I'd appreciate thoughts. Maybe I made a simple mistake (then again, so have others, including my parents in there memories of living here too), who knows.

Thanks for reading.

top topics

<< 10  11  12    14  15  16 >>

join