It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Inadvertent Time Travellers

page: 10
<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:02 AM
link   
Now I don't know whether my situation classifies as a time-slip or not but here's my story: My brother and I are avid golfers and took a day-trip to a golf course 45 minutes away to another town. On the way home there is a town (5 minutes out from our city) with a new development and a golf course that was slated to open last season but was delayed for a year to establish the seed more thouroghly. I piped up and said "let's go check out the new course and see what it looks like." So we meander through some unfamiliar new suburbish type crescents (as they are called in our parts) to get to this new golf course. Amidst conversation and an unfamiliar route we turn down a crescent that appears to be a dead end or loop. We see an old man walking down his driveway to unlock his car (presumably to get in and drive), a woman jogging on the left, and just a bit farther down we let a father and his son riding bicycles cut in front of us toward a pathway (or catwalk) and they head down toward some park. Now we are still conversing about which way we should go and I absentmindedly turn down the same crescent we just were on, effectively going in a circle. What do we see when we go down that same street we just passed 2 minutes ago? We see that old man walking down to his car exactly how he had previously. That same woman jogging in the exact same spot (did she stop to tie her shoes??) and the kicker was the father and son cutting in front of us to go down that exact same pathway that we saw them go down just 2-3 minutes earlier. I casually say to my bro "hmm, a glitch in the system", but he is flabbergasted at the scenario. I have had many oddities of that nature happen before but he seemed floored by the experience. We still laugh about that to this day and I think it's a neat thing to share. I'm just glad he witnessed it too so I know I'm not completely off my rocker.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 01:21 AM
link   
Oh, and for the record I'm not sure this corresponds with the original thread but might concern alternate timelines or realities (being this is the most recent thread) but I distinctly recall that the following people have died and was quite suprised to learn otherwise:

Billy Graham- died a few years ago. All over the news and memorials were everywhere?
Ed Asner
Gary Coleman- very recently

I read my local paper religiously and DISTINCLY remember these events happening. I wonder if I scour the archive will all of these articles be erased? Just Bizarre!!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:43 AM
link   
reply to post by Goldcurrent

I believe you may be thinking of Oral Roberts' death instead of Billy Graham. He died December 15th 2009.

Gary Coleman is definitely dead. He died May 10th 2010.

Ed Asner is still alive. I personally don't remember ever hearing reports that he had died.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 08:57 AM
link   
Great post. I really enjoyed all those stories being together. Keep up the good work!

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:44 AM
link   
I've seen that hotel story told many ways

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 11:58 AM
link   
reply to post by ldyserenity

Myself and ldyserenity have had multiple experiences with timeslips/dimensional shifts, mine are so frequent now that I quit logging them and just kinda shake it off and go "ok, whatever...." My girlfriend has also experienced these with me, I just try to go with it......

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   
Never happened to me, but I remember reading the latest comet Elenin thread on ATS days before it was created and I remember vividly the images on the first page. Some days later I see the thread newly-created and I was like 'WTF, I saw this thread before, the text, the images, everything is the same'. Sort of a deja vu. How's that possible?

I've noticed most of these time slip stories involve driving/walking on streets. I've always wondered if the reverse stories exist, for example:

In 1997 Lyn lived in a small outback town that was built in 1947 and had changed little since that time.

"I was driving toward the main intersection of the town, when suddenly I felt a change in the air. It wasn't the classic colder feeling, but a change, like a shift in atmosphere. The air felt denser somehow. As I slowed at the intersection, I seemed to be suddenly transported back in time to approximately 1950. The road was dirt, the trees were gone and coming toward me to cross the intersection was an old black car, something like a Vanguard or old FJ Holden. As the car passed through the intersection the driver was looking back at me in total astonishment before he accelerated.

From what I could see he was dressed in similar 1950s fashion, complete with hat. "This whole episode lasted perhaps 20 seconds and was repeated at least 5 times during my time there, always at the exact spot. I tried to make out the registration plate number but the car was covered in dust."

Lyn wondered if there is someone out there still living who remembers seeing a strange sight at the intersection back in the 50s...of a weird car with a bug-eyed woman at the wheel.

Were people in the past more reluctant to share such stories? What would you think about seeing the people from the past/future you saw in a time slip moment in a real-life and real-time situation? Would talk to them about it, as you both/all have that thing in common? Was nature trying to say something to you, are the people you see in a time slip situation people from your past/future?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:28 PM
link   
reply to post by Rising Against

Great post,I have always been intrested in time travel,another good story is that of john titor,who supposedly posted on the internet 2000-2001 or somthing like that.Any way he said he came here for a specific computer that they needed back in his time, here is a example of him talking about the comming civil war in america and stuff,
John's Posts about War,In 2036, I live in central Florida with my family and I'm currently stationed at an Army base in Tampa. A world war in 2015 killed nearly three billion people. The people that survived grew closer together. Life is centered on the family and then the community. I cannot imagine living even a few hundred miles away from my parents.

There is no large industrial complex creating masses of useless food and recreational items. Food and livestock is grown and sold locally. People spend much more time reading and talking together face to face. Religion is taken seriously and everyone can multiply and divide in their heads.

Life has changed so much over my lifetime that it's hard to pin down a "normal" day. When I was 13, I was a soldier. As a teenager, I helped my dad haul cargo. I went to college when I was 31 and I was recruited to "time travel" shortly after that. Again, I suppose an average day in 2036 is like an average day on the farm. Well thats just a small portion of it just google John Titor and make you own conclusions. anyway again great post.

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 12:53 PM
link   
reply to post by ufoyoshi

Wasn't John Titor revealed as a hoax?
2n line

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:07 PM
link   
i believe those are real stories time travlers. www.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 26-1-2011 by DeafRaz because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 02:48 PM
link   
Weird things happen to me rather frequently and I pretty much just chalk them up to I have a good imagination and also maybe that I just notice some things other people may not bother with. I decided earlier not to post this but maybe it's interesting to someone so here it goes...

Back in 1987 I was playing a lunch time christmas show in a busy, visible, touristy spot in town. I had my best friend with me who wasn't performing but came with me so we could hang out after. After the performance I was breaking down my equipment. As I was cleaning my instrument I looked up and noticed an odd man heading straight for me. It was a common joke amongst my friends that I am rather "approachable" and odd people seem to feel comfortable with me lol....so I didn't pay too close attention or think much of it at first; I remember just sort of bracing myself for the encounter and hurried myself so I could scurry away as quickly as possible. The next time I looked up the man was directly in front of me. I immediately got chills and felt embarrassed as I knew I must have made some sort of face when my eyes met his.

He was dressed very "odd" but I hardly noticed the clothes at the time. What was most remarkable to me (before he spoke) was his skin color. I guess I would have to say he was a black man but he wasn't really black, certainly not white.....he was gray - that's the best way I can describe him. Not the gray that someone who is mixed may have like just being more light skinned it was an odd, creepy, kind of gray. I thought maybe he was sick, and felt a sort of empathy for him. Then he started talking and he spoke with an unmistakeable southern accent. He started asking me if I was in the Union.....I still get chills when I remember the way he said the word. He drew it out really long with emphasis on the "u".... anyway, I asked him to repeat himself so I could gather my wits and think of some way to get out of there and asked me again if I belonged to the union. I assumed he meant the musician's union so I started to answer him and as I was answering him I just knew full well that wasn't what he meant. Then he started talking something about angels and the union and how important it was to be in the union......Lots of people associate flute playing with angels so I just figured that was why he made the reference (I am a flutist) and thought maybe it was his way of complimenting our playing. By now it was like blood was rushing in my head from the adrenaline and I don't even remember what he continued to say. I did become what I suppose was rather rude and excused myself as politely as possible and (probably almost ran) to my friend who was watching the whole thing. We got out of there and he followed us. She kept saying to me why would I even talk to him and was more freaked out by then than I was. She mentioned his clothes and said matter of factly that he looked like someone from the civil war. I don't mean matter of factly like she thought it was normal but rather there was no doubt in her mind that he was dressed from that time period. When we got outside he was still behind us following us down the street and we both heard him whistling (don't remember what) - we both heard it. It went on long enough that we knew it was him whistling and we were discussing it. After a point we both turned back to see how close he was and the whistling stopped and he was gone. Just poof! Nowhere to turn off and he was no where in sight.

Edit to add: I guess it might be significant that this took place in Pittsburgh by the point.....near the old fort.
edit on 26-1-2011 by glad_to_be_His because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:05 PM
link   
I really don't know what this could be considered., but this morning I had an incident. I took my kids to school (they woke up late yet again) and as I am in the left only turn lane and look in my rearview there is a black car behind me and I went into my turn as did the car in back of me, I looked in the rearview as I was turning and then looked at the road ahead for a split second and looked in my rearview again----no car!!!!!
I looked to see if it illegally went straight, it did not. There was nowhere for it to go at all, it could not have gone into CVS on the left from the road we turned down or it would have made a racket going over a solid concrete median that blocks left turns into the CVS parking lot and there was nothing for it to go on the right. It was nuts!!!!!

edit on 26-1-2011 by ldyserenity because: spelling

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:56 PM
link   

nice thread..

the world is a crazy place..

so much still unknown...

cant forget this guy & his kitchen sink travels...

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 03:58 PM
link   
Does anyone else think if Time travel into the past was possible that we would of already most likely been visited by people from the distant future?

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 04:01 PM
link   
reply to post by reeferman

Thanks for your post! Unfortunately though, I believe that guy has been debunked...(link to previous post in this thread)

edit on 26-1-2011 by Rising Against because: fixed link

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 05:01 PM
link   

orly..

ill read up on that..

thx

well...

dam those corporate bastards...

anything for a fake fiat buck..
edit on 26-1-2011 by reeferman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 26 2011 @ 06:17 PM
link   

Originally posted by halfmanhalfamazing
I had a similar experience to the "white wedding" one mentioned on the first page.
I went out to go watch a movie "The Longest Yard" and then realised that I had already seen the movie. I knew exactly what was going to happen ie. Chris Rock's character dies etc. Strangely it only released the previous day, also I cannot recall when i saw it for the first time... i asked all my friends but none of them were with me when I saw it the 1st time... I swear I saw it in a dream.

Back in 2000 my mate and I went to the cinema to watch the film adaption of American Psycho. As we were watching it he started saying "I've seen this before!". I scoffed and told him that it's only been out for a few days, how on earth could he have, but he insisted he's already seen it. Given that the movies in Australia usually come out a few months after they do in the States, I reasoned that maybe he downloaded it a little while back and watched it, but he said he never did this.

Up until now I've always just assumed he'd just forgotten he'd already downloaded it, but after reading this thread and seeing your and the 'white wedding' post, it's made me think that maybe my friend was correct and was in fact having one of these strange moments! Hmm....

Anyway, I've really enjoyed this thread too. Just wish I had a cool story of my own to add! Actually on that, seeing ldyserenity's post just above, I wonder if this sort of thing (and paranormal events in general) happens more often than we think, but we're oblivious to it as we're caught up in our daily lives and not focusing on the mysterious. If we intentionally stay aware of this and 'keep our eyes open' perhaps we will notice just how often strange things that shouldn't be there, occur? Who know, but I'm certainly gonna try and test this out

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 12:19 AM
link   
What I wonder about is does destiny have something to do with 'connecting' people with other people through a time slip? I think every time slip story is unique and sometimes it's just accidental, other times 'destiny' or whatever you want to call it wants to say something to people.
Are there any movies about time slip? I've only seen movies about time travel, but not involving time slip specifically.

link   
Can time slip be dangerous, what do you think people?
edit on 27-1-2011 by michelbel because: no reason given

link   
[double post] sorry
edit on 27-1-2011 by michelbel because: no reason given

top topics

<< 7  8  9    11  12  13 >>

join