It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Have you ever tried fighting while dreaming..?

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:24 AM
link   
OK i have tons of dreams some lucid some not. I too have had dreams like this to where every punch I throw is like the most meaningless thing i could do. Now i have also been in these dreams and realized it is nothing more than a dream when you realize that your dream is a dream then you can do anything you want. Now when i have come to terms that is only a dream you can do alot more than you think when you fight. For example, In one of my dreams i am walking in a field and i hear like a hissing noise in the sky, I look up and see 20 meteorites streaking across the sky in a triangle and each one is a different color. Now after seeing this i knew it was a dream and decided to change things up. So i ran across the field and started to fly. As i am flying i get knocked down by something invisible and i hit the ground hard actually feeling pain as i landed on a rock. Then out of no where this thing i cant even describe what it was just starts walking towards me. As i got up and looked at my arm it was bleeding and was broken and i was feeling actual pain as i seen my arm broken. Confused to why i was feeling pain in a dream i ran. After getting away i looked at my arm and it was healed no pain no blood and no break. Then i heard a voice telling me to focus and hold my palms out and to focus on the space between them. So i did so. Eventually i felt all this energy rush through me and my palms had what looked like blue flames emitting from them it was not hot but warm it felt like pure energy. After this i felt i need to go kick that things ass so i went and looked for it and it never showed back up.
I have no idea what this meant but strange things tend to happen when your able to tell if something is a dream, or is a dream you soul entering another dimension, do to lucid dreaming or astral projection....... Just a thought.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:48 AM
link   
I often wondered the same thing myself. At one time I was unable to scream, run, punch,etc. Then something happened one night. This is for real.... I was in good ol' dream land when suddenly I realized I was dreaming. It was amazing! I turned and twisted it all kinds of ways. The point is now for some reason I am able to knock people out in dreams.... run and fly like the wind.... Swim and breath under water. I do not know why this is or how it happened, it just did. My guess is that after you open that part of your mind that was blocked for what ever reason, anything is possible. True to form in everyday reality/dimension as well.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:55 AM
link   
I can't recall ever dreaming of fighting. I did however, dream that I was pinching someone's nose. Turns out, I actually did pinch my wife while sleeping. It wasn't her nose though - left breast. She was not amused.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by union_jack

I have been having really weird vivid nightmares lately,not fighting people but I fought two lions last night.I dreamt that two lions were tracking me near a cliff I ran to the edge and one of them went over the cliff and the other attacked me.He was on my back and remember trying to upset the balance to throw him off,I suceeded and went over with him and landed on top of him,he died and I woke up freaked out completely .I have been having these nightmares for the past year and don't have a clue as to why,all I know is I'm tired of waking up in the middle of the night scared,and freaked out and no one to comfort me,as my husband is stationed elsewhere and I only see him on the weekends....who knows? What I do know is prior to this past year I haven't had nightmares since I was a child and barely ever remember dreaming at all.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:09 PM
link   
Sure. There was one dream I was a soldier being shot through the head by sniper. I felt down and didn't feel any pain. I saw the rest of my comrades all lying dead. Somehow, I convinced myself I didn't die. Then, I sprang up. grab 2 hand guns off my dead comrades and began shooting. Funny though, when I pulled the trigger, instead of firing bullets, I was shooting pictures. In real life, I am an advanced photography hobbyist. We often use the expression of pulling the trigger as synonymous as hitting the shutter button.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:11 PM
link   
Years ago I read maybe 50 books in the Destroyer series in a years time. (A friend had a huge collection so they were convenient.) Anyway, I had dreams of calmly going in and killing rooms full of people. As I remember though I paid little attention to the people/victims, but was focused on my technique, keeping my elbow straight etc. I would also fly or jump impossibly high in many of these dreams and had no problem landing a good solid hit.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Most of my fights in dreams are like that, it's hard to take a swing at someone. But I have had a few that I was very quick and nimble in and could land powerful blows. One was a dream where I was like Achilles in the movie Troy. When I ran forward I would wear the shield on my back and move 3x normal sprinting speed, and I would hit people really hard with a sort of shield rush and swing tirelessly and with great force.

I can do telekinesis in my dreams so I can knock people back if it's alot, or 1 on 1 I can totally control someone, suspend them in the air and systematically slam them against a wall or into the ground, game over lol.

My latest fight was against a gang of men, and all of them towered over me in size. At first I threw a few with telekinesis but I could not get enough power cause there wasn't time to single them out. They just got up and came back at me as more ran in the room to attack me. They overwhelmed me and I could barely move, but knowing it was a dream I knew they could not hurt me. I put my hands on one's shoulder and they got mad as hell, they all did, cause they couldn't hurt me. They would hit me and I'd feel it but no pain, or their fists would go right through. As they steamed with anger I said "Ohh such a cute baby," I imagined the one my hand was on to turn into a toddler. It worked, and I turned 3 or 4 into harmless toddlers and I guess the rest fled or stopped trying.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:40 PM
link   

I've had several dream fights and that's odd because I'm such a non-violent person. I hate fighting. But anyway, yeah, I have had dreams where I couldn't really put enough power behind a punch to accomplish anything, but I've also had dream fights where I flat out kicked ass!!!

edit on 1/25/2011 by gemineye because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:42 PM
link   
I can only remeber ever haveing very few dreams were I was hindered in my movements, or felt like I was in slow motion. I have had some were in the dream I feel somehow drugged or about to pass out, or I do pass out (even though I am in a dream- is that odd that one can be unconsious and dream that one is unconsious?)

usally I can move quite well however and often have...super powers!
I can fly, change in to animals...ex
in fact I have had a number of dreams were when attacked I change into an animal to defend myself, so no violence inhibitions in my dreams. Although i am not in general a violent person.

I would say if you dream your fighting someone but seem hindered in movement that perhaps that is symbolic of something your expereinceing in wakeing life. Although the situation in real life may not be violent at all. Perhaps you feel like your fighting a battle symbolically- for example maybe you have a ton of paperwork you need to finish but no matter how much you do you never seem to finish.
edit on 25-1-2011 by shadowind because: forgot a ) and capped and un-capped "i"

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 09:43 PM
link   

intersting cant say i ever really got into a fight in a dream I usually try and avoid them conscious or subconscious but I will say i have i problem rather an inability to run its like im in a swimming pool fighting extreme current so I jump very very high like a supercharged mario "no racoon suit needed" I also found or I suppose observed that running backwards was a bit more achievable its strange I have found that if I flap my arms like some sort of retarded superman I can sustain Um float well ok maybe racoon mario flight but seriously no racoon suit anyways I spend most of the time sort of floating from roof to tree not as gracefull as mario would have done it but you get the idea wish I could find a fire flower or something no need to racoon float I would torch all who apposed like the little Goombas they are

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Thepreye

That happens to me too. It's horrible, because the other person can hit you but you can't fight back

I can run, jump or fly, but God forbid I try to punch someone because it all gets really slow and I wake up in a bad mood.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 08:20 AM
link   
Learn how to shock yourself awake.
edit on 27-1-2011 by SystemResistor because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:06 PM
link   

Originally posted by union_jack
Could it be possible that our dreams are programmed like a computer setting. Ok i know it sounds silly, and it probably is..but how many of you members have been dreaming, and for some reason you end up in fight.
Your trying your best to take a swing at this guy...you can,t...well i can,t, its as if your mind is programmed as (NO VIOLENCE) default...has anyone else had this kind of experience...?

when we sleep our mind puts our body into a state where we can't move very easily, this happens so we won't hurt ourselves or others around us. just think what would happen if we did the things in the physical world that we dream about we would hurt ourselves. this translates back into my dream as having trouble running or fighting, i never have trouble flying though.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:11 PM
link   
Depends on the dream for me.

Fighting is always horrific. It's always me defending myself from a 'bad guy'. Most of the time I can move just fine, only when my punches land, it's like I hit the guy with a pillow. I throw punch after punch with no effect.

When I'm non-fight moving in my dreams, I've been able to get along quite well. Even superhuman movements at times.

I just...can't...punch...

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:22 PM
link   
Perhaps when not in control of your dreams, or if your subconcious is trying to tell you something in particular.

I've gotten in fights in dreams, ran in slow motion, walked on legs that felt like dead-weight.

I've been beaten by and beaten all of them, destroyed once unstoppable objects that reoccurred in my dreams: most of the time now I walk unhindered in my dreams and any challenges that may present themselves rarely bother me more than once.

Meditate, analyze and examine yourself. Understand what your mind is telling you, and what your heart is telling you and constantly work to improve who you are. If you feed your spiritual being you will begin to dream more vividly and lucid dreaming will one day become second nature.
edit on 1/27/2011 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

Fighting in dreams as I understand it typically represents inner turmoil, the person you are fighting may even be an incarnation of whatever aspect you are at odds with. If you can't even damage your opponent it likely means you feel helpless against whatever it is or simply weak/helpless in general.

Figure out what it is, and either learn to rid yourself of it, or accept it as part of you and focus it constructively and you will never fight it again.
edit on 1/27/2011 by eNumbra because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:34 PM
link   

When I was small I kept having a repetitive nightmare. I was walking up some steps in a parking garage and I passed a woman sitting on the steps drapped in black. I was scared to pass her, but had to because I needed to get up the stairs. She would reach out every time and try to grab my ankle and I would run and she would chase me. I woke up so scared each time!

Mom told me that next time she wanted me to turn around and push her down the stairs. She said, "You just take both your hands and shove her with all your might and she'll fall down and stop bothering you."

Next time I was running and instead of pure terror I remembered I could push her down the stairs and I did it! No more nightmares, either!

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 01:42 PM
link   

I fight often in my dreams. Never start it, but I usually finish it in grand fashion. I don't seem to have any trouble kicking wholesale ass in my dreams, even multiple opponents sometimes.

It's shooting where I run into trouble, firearms in my dreams always weakly shoot something lame like toothpicks or bb's.

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   
I have been resisting posting in this thread for four days.

My fear is being condemned for my dreams
no matter how much I explain that
I am very peaceful in real life.

Since the best way to
overcome a fear is
to face it head on
here I go.

David Grouchy

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I lost count after the first thousand, back in 1983. If I had to estimate I would say that I have killed several hundred thousand, if not millions, in hand to hand combat. It always starts the same way.
I'm alone, unarmed, and surrounded.

The first time it happened there were only three opponents. Armed with ancient weapons and coming at me fast. I disarmed the first one, and then killed all three with that long knife by moving so they always had to attack around one of the others. When I woke up I remembered where I was.

I sit up blinking in the sunlight on top of Olomana in Hawaii to a cool breeze and the faint sounds of car horns drifting up from Kailua below. My friend Robert and I had spent the day hiking up the crater rim, and then climbed up the rest of the way to the peak. Exhausted we had paused for a nap. I remember him telling me that the natives used to perform human sacrifice up here. I took my nap on top of a large flat stone at the highest point.

But that was just the beginning. It escalated. Night after night, more aggressive attackers, more of them, more dangerous weapons. My condition becoming less each instance. Missing a shoe, missing both shoes, no shirt, no pants, no clothes.

During the late 80's they started to grow into monsters, then groups of monsters, then hordes, then one night I had to fight Cthulhu. An ages long nightmare of being chased by the mountain of tentacles. Running through town after town, through a city, no matter where I went Cthulhu always caught up and set an eye on me. Finally I made it to the coast, led Cthulhu out to sea and drove the vessel backwards over him letting the propellers do the job.

After that dream I changed jobs and moved.
The dreams changed accordingly.

Vast empty fields of grass surrounded by hundreds of people all coming at me, armed. I had to use all of my study of eastern philosophy, Mussashi, Lao Tsu, Taoism, and strategy to conserve energy and use their own motions against them.

Then the grass started to be wet and dew covered, slippery to my bare feet. No matter how many weapons I took from them, I always started the dream naked and unarmed. Then to close out the 80's I faced an unbeatable mob. Thousands pressing down out of the stadium onto the dark wet football field to kill me. Armed with a quarterstaff I had taken off the first one, they just wouldn't die, I could only knock them back. They would get up and come in again.

But I noticed something odd. The costumes the attackers wore always changed with each dream. Sometimes Vikings, sometimes Saracens, sometimes romans, sometimes, world war soldiers, sometimes fantastical, sometimes monsters, but this time they were all wearing really big floppy pirate hats which made it hard to see their eyes.

As I crouched low to strike up on ones underchin I noticed something. He had a large blue tattoo in the center of his forehead. I could only see the bottom half of it protruding from under the rim of his hat. So the next one I struck directly in the third eye tattoo. He died. It only took another hour to fight my way out of them and escape.

After that dream I changed jobs and moved.
The dreams changed accordingly.

[brb: quick break. My hands are shaking while writing this.]

So the new job is very dangerous. Climbing 500 up a tower to replace transmitters or lay cables. Eventually I get to train my own crews, and I have a perfect safety record. Almost unheard of in the tower climbing business. The crews are running on their own now, and I get promoted to a desk job.

This whole time during my periods of deep meditation I am reinforcing the idea that I will not fight any more. I am tired of fighting. Tired of slipping on damp grass, and sliding around on blood spills. Tired of being outnumbered, alone, unarmed, and naked. But apparently that didn't matter.

My last fighting dream.

I'm a fully geared special forced squad leader with an automatic weapon, and a crew of four others equally armed. We are in a bombed out cinder block building somewhere in Vietnam during the war. The building is surrounded by rice hat wearing Vietcong who are closing in. The men look to me for what to do, knowing I'll lead them out of this like it's nothing.

Inside my dream self I immediately object. Who are these members of my crew. I've never had any help before. Why now. Why, now that I want to stop, do I suddenly have the burden of other souls to die along side me. WHERE HAVE THEY BEEN MY WHOLE LIFE!

blam ... blam... blam,blam,blam.

I'm now floating over my own body up along the ceiling looking down. The members of my crew are all down around me pools of blood spreading from them. I see the Vietcong move in with AK's and bayonets fixed. The tops of their rice hats. One pauses over my body. I'm curious if he is going to stab it to make sure the body is dead.

He looks up at me in spirit form floating at the ceiling and says in English "Oh no. You are not getting away that easy." And shoots me.

I immediately and at great speed fall down through my body into the ground. Deeper and deeper. Passing through strata of the earth, through bedrock, deeper and deeper, until .... suddenly ....

I'm sitting on a small stone bench in a tiny room. At one end is a demon on a throne who is just raging and shouting non stop. No words, nothing ineligible, just sound and rage. It is so loud that no one can hear anything else. On each side of the throne is a stone bench along the wall. There are three of us on this side, and two of us on that side.

I look at the demon, and softly say "I believe one only has to say, only what they mean." And behind this I have the emotional impart that he is saying nothing at all, making a lot of noise sure. But no words are coming out, hence all the fury means nothing.

He begins to rage even more intensely and great heat starts to radiate off of him.

And that's it.
That closed out the 1990's
I still have dreams occasionally.
But I'm usually running through some endless maze
somewhere underground, with passage ways that circle back on themselves.

So where am I now?
Hell if I know.

David Grouchy
edit on 27-1-2011 by davidgrouchy because: missing word

posted on Jan, 27 2011 @ 03:14 PM
link   
I was taught meditation and super learning by self induced trance states at a very early age.
I have been astral projecting since I was a young teenager.
Now... now, I don't know what or where I am.
One day, I figure, I'll make it back to the surface.
My plans for that day?
I'm going to raise crops in my dreams and feed the animals.
I'm going to teach my favorite pets to speak,
and my gardens to sing.
Let's see what the stars have to say about that.

David Grouchy

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join