It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Ex-Chicago cop gets jail for lying about torture

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:36 AM
link   
One of the more infamous to wear and badge and blue uniform will be spending some time behind bars. Having looked into former Chicago Police Commander, Jon Burge, and his controversial police record, anytime time in prison is better than nothing. This man abused his authority to such considerable lengths that I am astounded that it took so long for him to face the serious allegations against him.

I made an extensive thread about him that chronicled his notorious career. His crimes while in uniform regarding torture of alleged suspects seems to have been taken right out of the Gestapo handbook. This man was brutal, and was more of a terror to the City of Chicago than the people he was pursuing. Many were sent to prison by confessions while under duress as a result of torture, with some getting lengthy sentences, and in some cases even the death penalty.

I am glad justice is served on this monstrosity. Still, his accomplices in the police department need to face similar treatment for their part in all of this. As it stands now, only Burge has faced an indictment and sentencing for his misdeeds. What about the others? Hopefully, Burge is not sent to some club Fed style prison that looks more like a university than the hoosegow. This man deserves what hard time has to offer.

[url=http://www.google.com/hostednews/afp/article/ALeqM5gRYZo6FMbfS3YAYun0txOqe_aFag?docId=CNG.33c855c62ac31e866a675dc4892e20de.2a1]www.google.com[/ur l]
(visit the link for the full news article)
edit on 22-1-2011 by Jakes51 because: formatting

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:40 AM
link   
Today american gov and uk gov, can go through a whole lifes memories, and they can find police like this all over i would assume.

Just like a drop in an ocean, but at least there is a little justice for the ones he wronged. But its just a drop in the ocean.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   
Existing thread here:
www.abovetopsecret.com...

Please add further comments to the ongoing discussion.
Thank you

-thread closed-

for future reference:
Search ATS

new topics

top topics

join