It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

How the Rig Crew Responded to the Blowout: 1 Worker’s Response & Story/Vid-Intense

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:11 AM
link   

Caleb Holloway, a floor- hand on the Deepwater Horizon, recalls his final minutes on the rig. Below, a diagram of the rig and what happened in three key areas.

A Disaster in the Making

The Deepwater Horizon had a number of defenses against blowouts. But members of the crew hesitated at critical moments and failed to coordinate a response in three key areas.

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/25ea102b70ae.jpg[/atsimg]
Drill Shack
Bridge
Engine Control Room

Please refer to the main article for the 7 minute video of the explaination of the Chain of Events. I feel it is the best one yet.

Source: www.nytimes.com...

Im telling you this man is going to be a very important witness in the future when the cases start heading to court. A very telling chain of events.

He and the ones the survived this event are truly lucky.

It is funny how not too many ATSers bother with this subject anymore when threads are posted up but I think now is when we need to be most watchful and concerned. IMO>

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:54 AM
link   

Originally posted by anon72

It is funny how not too many ATSers bother with this subject anymore when threads are posted up but I think now is when we need to be most watchful and concerned. IMO>

I agree.

I have no doubt that these men were trained very well in the safety systems on board. I'm also sure that safety was emphasized daily if not hourly. Of this, I have no doubt.

At critical moments that night, members of the crew hesitated and did not take the decisive steps needed.

However, if the safety systems/processes/procedures did not allow for hesitation, which is a normal human reaction to an unusual situation, then the safety systems themselves - not the employees - were inadequate.

Thanks for the video.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:35 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Glad you liked and responded.

You make an excellent point about the Human delay etc in the planning and/or natural reaction. I never thought of that before.

I am going to look around there manuals and see what they indicate-if I can

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:51 AM
link   
With the media blackout and lack of transparent investigation there have been many suspicions surrounding this event. Overall things have been poorly managed and the use of corexit, while looking pretty on the surface has only made matters worst. It is good to finally see some transparency come to the case, there is still a long way to go and many questions and problems remaining.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:17 PM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

then they have been successful at their mission of deception.

If you think transparency is at work. they got you.

I think it is more covered and hidden than ever. And forgotten about.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 05:26 PM
link   
Anon,Thank you for your post & good video. I have not forgotten and I am still very much involved in the GOM disaster. I had spent most of my time & posting on "Up to the Minute..." & "Video Proof..." sites & I'm still there...
Unfortunately we cannot see what is going on below since the ROV feeds were cut & major
problems still exist with the well still leaking. I think it's important to keep BP disaster as
Alive as Possible & I appreciate the postings concerning the matter as it seems information is
hard to come by these days.

Ektar

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:11 AM
link   
reply to post by Ektar

Im sorry I missed your reply.

Please tell and/or show us more info/pics/videos.

This is one of the biggest reasons I posted this thread was to try and get some attention back to the BP Leak. It was a hot topic but since the hype and cover-up has begun/stayed in place, most people have let if fall of their radar screens.

And then you add in all the crap going on around the world.....

Keep up your great efforts and BE SAFE!

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 02:34 AM
link   
reply to post by anon72

If you think transparency is at work. they got you.

Agreed. It is too little too late. There are huge scandals under the scenes, but the fact they have released something is a start. Still a long way to go to get at the real problems.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:05 AM
link   
reply to post by kwakakev

What I find even more interesting is that the State Gov't isn't being vocal-enough OR are being
flat out ignored by the MSM.

I see little stories coming out every couple of weeks-up my way. I would think Bobby J would be all over the place yelling up a storm to get/keep attention on the area & BP problem.

Now, just a faded memory. Their plan of lies and downplaying the event has seemed to worked.

Obama: "Hey BP. You give us 20 Billion and we can make this go away for you"

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 12:33 AM
link   
It's all very convenient, isn't it? BP decided to take one for the team, and now they'll be quietly rewarded...

posted on Feb, 2 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   
Here are a few shots I grabbed re ship locations...
This was taken 31 Jan 2011 at 12:47am...
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a20a5d01ae17.jpg[/atsimg]
This was 31 Jan 2011 12:51am It's a zoomed screen of the one above. It appeared 2 ships were on top of each & so I zoomed in & there 2.
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/5bf5aa675c1c.jpg[/atsimg]
2 Feb 2011 6:06 pm
[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/a93fa6064b4a.jpg[/atsimg]

So if nothing is going on at MC252, why have Discoverenterprise & the Virginia Responder been at the well location this whole time? They have been there prior to the "capping" & have continued to be there doing what? Now we also have Development Driller 3 right above the well.It's an extreme expense to have those rigs in that location especially if they aren't doing anything. So makes one wonder...do you think BP would just walk away from they $$$ Pit? Wonder if they're drawing oil one of the wells? Just makes no senses if it's dead & capped.

Ektar

posted on Feb, 3 2011 @ 12:03 AM
link   
With this information released, it help explains a little of what happened at the surface. But it was what happened bellow where the real problems where. None of that has been mentioned and why it took so long to close up the hole? If is is indeed closed, there has been a lot of cover up so far and the government / BP cannot be trusted for a straight answer. One site that has been good with information about the disaster is intotheashes.imva.info...

top topics

join