It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gabrielle Giffords, Tom Hurndall and Palestinian Children; Shot in the Head

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   

Gabrielle Giffords, Tom Hurndall and Palestinian Children
Shot in the Head

By ALISON WEIR

There is something particularly horrifying when someone is shot in the head. Perhaps it’s the gruesome image, the destruction of the brain, the clear intent to kill. The recent shooting of Arizona Congresswoman Gabrielle Giffords is made even more nightmarish by the location of her devastating injury.

Those of us who focus on Israel-Palestine are acutely aware of this horror.

Several years ago, I was researching the cause of death of Palestinian children killed by Israeli forces during the first months of the Second Intifadah, the Palestinian uprising against Israeli occupation. As I counted up the numbers, I was chilled to discover that the single most frequent cause of death in those beginning months was “gunfire to the head.”

In the past 10 years Israeli forces have killed at least 255 Palestinian minors by fire to the head, and the number may actually be greater, since in many instances the specific bodily location of the lethal trauma is unlisted. In addition, this statistic does not include the many more Palestinian youngsters shot in the head by Israeli soldiers who survived, in one form or another.

counterpunch.org...

In 2010, 26 Palestinian children were killed with the majority shot in the head. Of those children in Gaza not killed by blasts in the Israel siege of Gaza, Cast Lead, most of the children were shot in the head.

Israeli snipers deliberately target Palestinian children to take advantage of the ripple effect it has on the wider community. It is an act of terror meant to devastate the wider community. In a family group walking around their neighbourhood a zionist sniper will target the youngest of the group in the head.

In the meantime, zionist shills in the West howl that Palestinian parents use their own children as human shields to cover up the degenerate behaviour of the zionists in Palestine.
edit on 22-1-2011 by Ilovecatbinlady because: link

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:01 AM
link   
reply to post by Ilovecatbinlady

This is an honest question, with no intent behind it:

How do we know that Israelis are targeting children by shooting them in the head? If children are walking within a group of adults, and if adults are taller than children, then it would seem at least a little logical that gun shots aimed at the group in the chest region of adults would hit children in the head.

Again, just an honest question. I'm not arguing either way.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   
This article has some horrible stuff.

I'd hate to think any IDF soldier deliberately shoots at children's heads, but I'm sure that it did happen (not so sure that these things happen now a days though), but can we really assume that all of these are deliberate? They dish out all these numbers, which no one's supposed to question, but then there's no source for these numbers either, then they tell us a few truly shocking stories but leave out all traces of context- What was happening at the time, who fired the shots and at what distance, etc, and in the end we're channeled into thinking that Israeli soldiers shoot children in the head for sport.

Well I should mention a few things for the sake of balance-
1) Hitting a head is very difficult at a distance, definitely not as easy as hitting the body mass, and it's definitely not a part of the rules of engagement or shooting regulations. It actually makes no sense to aim for the head in any given situation, that is because this is real life, and not a computer game.

2) In a combat situation things get crazy, and in that environment errors of judgment are more easily made, mistakes are more easily made.

3) No details on any of these events leaves us thinking they were shot while standing alone in an empty quiet street. The truth might be the exact opposite.

4) Rubber bullets aren't very accurate, I can see how shooting at an adult's body mass (chest) might hit a child's head. I can actually see how any of these shots could have been aimed at an adult's chest and hit a child by accident.

5) "Breaking the silence" is a righteous group with a good cause, but nothing they were quoted on has anything to do with kids being shot in the head.

All this doesn't cancel out the possibility that children *were* in fact shot in the head on purpose, but it does raise a few doubt on whether or not all of these incidents were purposeful, especially when considering that we're given very few details on anything shown.

What bothers me the most is that this somehow leads people to the conclusion that Israeli snipers shoot children in the head for shock and awe, simply because they'd like to assume that it's true, even though there's nothing about it in the article.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:04 AM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

How do we know that Israelis are targeting children by shooting them in the head? If children are walking within a group of adults, and if adults are taller than children, then it would seem at least a little logical that gun shots aimed at the group in the chest region of adults would hit children in the head.

You query is not really that honest and is a good example of sophistry. You are merely aiming to sow doubt in the face of this horrible indictment of the zionist state.

Clearly the post states that Israeli forces use snipers. Snipers shoot at the head for a kill shot but you are suggesting that these snipers aim at the chests of adults and completely miss but achieve the kill shots on children's heads by mistake!.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:34 AM
link   

Israel employs snipers, but not everywhere, you're more likely to find a sharpshooter in most units which has an M4 with a X4 sight on it.

And a sniper would aim at the body mass, as a hit to the chest would likely be as deadly as a shot to the head, and shooting at the head is extremely difficult, as it's much smaller than the chest, and harder to predict its movement.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:54 PM
link   

WARNING NOT FOR THE FAINT HEARTED

www.liveleak.com...www.liveleak.com...
WARNING check this out but don't watch if you faint hearted

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:04 PM
link   
reply to post by majestic3

You just linked to video on the C IA sponsored attempted Iranian colour revolution. What has this got to do with the thread. What has an event in Iran got to do with Israelis killing Palestinian children?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:08 PM
link   

just thought it fitted in with the hole sniper thing

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:19 PM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

snipers aim for the head and very rarely the chest...to say they miss the adults chest and hit the children in the heads is absolutely absurd...

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:31 PM
link   
Can you explain to me what Giffords has to do with Palestinian children getting shot in the head? I'm missing the correlation....

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:35 PM
link   
Remember These Children 2000 Memorial
lists names of children and how killed killed in 2000, many head shots listed.

Remember These Children has been trying to list this information since the 2nd Intifada started in Sept 2000. There is a page for each year 2000-2010. I suppose if anyone doubted the story enough to research, using the child's name may be a start.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:48 PM
link   
reply to post by here4awhile

Originally posted by here4awhile

snipers aim for the head and very rarely the chest...to say they miss the adults chest and hit the children in the heads is absolutely absurd...

And you base that statement on what, if you don't mind me asking?

Shot placement:
Shot placement varies considerably with the type of sniper being discussed.
Military snipers, who generally do not engage targets at less than 300 m (330 yd), usually attempt body shots, aiming at the chest. These shots depend on tissue damage, organ trauma, and blood loss to make the kill.

en.wikipedia.org...

As I said. Anyone with any military experience would know that.

But I doubt any of the examples given in the article are the work of a sniper.
With the way you guys are describing it if I didn't know any better I'd think the IDF is 50% snipers. You're completely exaggerating.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:56 PM
link   

Originally posted by Skippy1138
Can you explain to me what Giffords has to do with Palestinian children getting shot in the head? I'm missing the correlation....

It is about shots.

You see how America is doing back flips over the head shot of one person, well the zionists blow children's brains out.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:05 PM
link   

Originally posted by Eliad
It actually makes no sense to aim for the head in any given situation,

Actually that is wrong, The head shot or to be precise the part of the head just
above the neck at the rear of the skull or just above the nose at the front of the
skull is what sniper's refer to as "the apricot" Because it represents the same size
and general shape of the area when hit stops ALL motor movement in the body so
is mainly used if say a shooter has hold of a captive at gunpoint or if there is evidence
that the target may be carrying a bomb set to go off at the push of a button.

Though i cannot really see why children would be targeted this way unless as stated
to do maximum psychological damage?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:19 PM
link   
reply to post by stealthyaroura

It's a question of range and threat level, isn't it? Why would a sniper make a shot to the apricot at ranges over 100m? Especially when you consider that most Palestinian combatants are armed with assault rifles and there's no real need in going for the apricot?

As I said, we're lacking context and information, the writers of the article would have us believe these children were shot in an empty street while standing in the open with a white flag in their hands.

And again, I doubt any of these were shot by snipers, but I can't really know for sure.. I'll see if I can find information on where snipers are generally posted and what role do they play, as these "Israeli sniper" blood libels are getting crazier and crazier.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:31 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ilovecatbinlady
It is about shots.

You see how America is doing back flips over the head shot of one person, well the zionists blow children's brains out.

People are shocked because she nearly died, not because of the actual placement of the shot. People would be just as shocked had she been shot through the heart.

This is just a poor attempt to portray Americans as hypocrites, when in fact you employ a double standard when it comes to anything related to Israel. I see you defending prejudice against Islam, when you yourself are willing to believe the worst things about Israel with little to no hard evidence, hell, you won't even acknowledge any of my posts simply because I'm an Israeli. Hypocrite much?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:57 PM
link   
reply to post by Eliad

Yes I am with you on this. I was only stating from a sniper's point of view
that head shot's SOMETIMES called for but I can't see that being
the case here.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by stealthyaroura
reply to post by Eliad

Yes I am with you on this. I was only stating from a sniper's point of view
that head shot's SOMETIMES called for but I can't see that being
the case here.

I see the logic here, snipers like to shoot at the chest, therefore, 20+ Palestinian children in one year getting shot in the head with sniper bullets is an accident.

I actually believe you believe this. It actually explains why many Americans are blind to the zionist atrocities in Palestine. It is genuinely the final insult zionist can offer the dead; they deny their victimhood as if they are worthless animals.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:51 PM
link   

Originally posted by Iamonlyhuman

You query is not really that honest and is a good example of sophistry. You are merely aiming to sow doubt in the face of this horrible indictment of the zionist state.

Clearly the post states that Israeli forces use snipers. Snipers shoot at the head for a kill shot but you are suggesting that these snipers aim at the chests of adults and completely miss but achieve the kill shots on children's heads by mistake!.

You have no idea of my views on this issue nor do you have the information you need to make an accusation of sophistry on my part.

If you’d read the article you linked thoroughly you’d have known that it only gives one example of an Israeli sniper killing one person, a 21 year old adult who was rescuing 3 children. The killed children they speak of in this article were killed by “Israeli forces”.

I could ask the question, who looks as if they are exemplifying sophistry now?

My question stands… AND, whether you want to believe it or not, it is an honest question.

Originally posted by here4awhile

It could be considered absurd by some if the article was talking about snipers killing children, but it is not. Read the article.

edit on 22/1/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:57 PM
link   

edit on 22/1/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

top topics

<<   2 >>

join