It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fairies.

page: 2
<< 1   >>

join
share:

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:37 AM
link   
reply to post by Uncle Gravity

lol not what i expected.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 06:07 AM
link   
reply to post by _SilentAssassin_

Fairies have their fair share in Greek folk tradition.People especially in small villages still believe in them.According to a researcher there over 200 villages in Greece named after fairies(Neraida is the greek word).

The most common story is if a man steal her headkerchief he can marry her,but the moment she finds it she disappears.There are numerous stories about men marring fairies and even have children with them.

Another one is in the nights when fairies dance in the woods mortals can watch them but if the fairies talk to them they mustn't answer back because they will lose their voice or lose their mind(depends on the encounter).A darker vesrsion of the fairies is stealing newborn babies to raise as their own or abduct young men to mate with them.

The closest i have come to fairy(if it was a fairy) is when i visited ancient Olympia and the locals warned me not to go in the river at night because fairies dance there and when they are disturbed by mortals they turn them into stone.I did go of course but there was nothing there.
The next night me and my friends we had a very weird encounter, in the camping were we stayed, with a very tall being,couldn't tell if it was male or female because it was wearing a hood.It was sitting watching us and then it disappeared into thin air.We started searching around but found nothing.Until we left a few days later every night strange things happened.Strong air was blowing every time we went near the river and then stopped,luminous shadows among the trees in the forest watching us and a continuous feeling of terror with no apparent reason.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 11:46 PM
link   
This is one of my all time favorite videos. It is a fairly chilling description of an encounter that a woman and her children had in Nova Scotia with the Good Folk... " It was the most weirdest music you ever heard. Like voices or some kind of instrument...it was just indescribable".

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 11:36 AM
link   
reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

I had never heard of faerie forts before. Are these natural indentations, like an old meteor/comet impact site? In the U.S. there aren't many traditions around faeries.

here try this Native American Indians and fairys
edit on 6/5/12 by Whateva69 because: oops

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:04 PM
link   
Nice thread. I've encountered them in the appalachias and know for a fact that they are real. I have a photograph of a fairy that I accidently took about 6 or 7 years ago but don't know how to upload it into my thread yet. Thanks Whateva

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
Here's some confirmation of the existence of fairies from a place you might not have expected.

I'm reading Convoluted Universe 3, by Dolores Cannon.
If you don't know, she is a hypnotist that specializes in past life regressions, where she commonly makes contact with what she refers to as the subconcious, or the soul.

Although Extra Terrestrials are by far the most common "characters" in the book, Fairies have featured a few times in these regression sessions. Apparently they are nature spirits/beings whose duty it is to look after the environment. I can't say I gave this much thought before reading it in the book

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:18 PM
link   
reply to post by Fylgje

to upload a pic.
step 1: at the top of the page click TOOLS
step 2: under that click ATS UPLOADS
step3: on the left hand side button with green text says SELECT IMAGE FILE click it and find your pic .

to post i, coppy the link and paste it in your post as is. you dont need to click add link or add pic, the code is already to go exactly the way you copied it.

i hope this helps, if not just give me a u2u.

posted on May, 6 2012 @ 12:21 PM
link   
Thanks again Whateva. You are an angel.

Here is the photo I took about 6 or 7 years ago. I just posted this in my thread aswell with description.
files.abovetopsecret.com...
edit on 6-5-2012 by Fylgje because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 26 2013 @ 11:43 PM
link   
My favorite Fairy Videos!
Why cant all fakes be this good!

edit on 26-7-2013 by Thorneblood because: (no reason given)

posted on Jul, 28 2013 @ 11:48 AM
link   

You rarely or never see Fae people (gnomes, fairies...) in towns or even in smaller villages. They do not like electricity and modern technology. And you don't just see them, they allow you to see them. Or in very rare cases when they are careless and get spotted. And they don't speak. They are said to live in an alternate reality with the ability to "walk through" to our world at will.

If you live on a farm with horses then you might see a gnome. They tend to like it there and they like to care for animals on the farm. People often see them walking in and out of the stables and many people back then used to set out a plate of food on the porch, as thanks to them. Usually at Christmas. And to not make them angry too, since no one want a cranky gnome on the farm (honestly, you don't).

And about that movie with the girls and the fairy photo:
The story with the fairy photo was quite a long runner, but in the end one of the girls admitted when she was in her 80's that they made drawings, pinned them down with hat pins and took the pictures. It's one of the most well known hoaxes of all time. Cute story though...

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 05:48 PM
link   
I don't believe in fairies, though I was reading up on them in some form recently in regards to Schiehallion, in Scotland.
landofthefae.blogspot.co.uk...

Might be of some interest to some to even visit. I am planning to go there next year, will have to look around for the mentioned cave, see if there is any truth, anyone welcome to join.

Also, maybe or maybe not fairies: breathingenglishair.blogspot.co.uk...
Down the page mentions about little blue men.

posted on Aug, 16 2013 @ 06:12 PM
link   

emm Fairie fort, fairie ra, fairie ring, woe betide you mess with those, one story of a friend of mine, who was cutting down a tree, it stood within a Fairie fort, he was aware of this, but was the sort of lad that didnt hold to such clap-trap as he put it, anyway, he got his chain saw and began to cut the tree, he first cut a wedge out of it, to get it to fall the way it was leaning and away from a nearby lane, the law of physics would tell you the tree would fall inward as intended, even the village idiot could see that much, but low and behold, as my friend cut through the tree toward the wedge cut, it done nothing, he had cut clean through it and it done nothing for about half a minute, which was enough time to think yourself gone mad, why its not falling, and then crash it fell right onto the lane, the opposite way to how it should have fallen, defied the law of physics, he never again set foot in the fairie fort, and never will he,,, nor will any of the folk that know about this place... superstition or not,,,, stay away from these tricky little sods....

posted on Sep, 6 2013 @ 10:35 AM
link   

I loved the take on Fairies in that Hell Boy film, The Golden Army I think it was. Abe was explaining that they were "Tooth Fairies" because they ate the bones of people but loved to go to the teeth first. Hilarious!

top topics

<< 1   >>

join