It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Fairies.

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:33 AM
link   
I love fairies.
If you search online there are actually a lot of communities, and reports about these creatures.
Have you ever had a fairy encounter?
I was wondering if any of you guys had any experience or interesting story about these beings you want to share.

CX

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:38 AM
link   
www.fairygardens.com...

I know my kids grew up on them, have been a bigger part of thier lives than many will ever know.

I won't knock it, many believe in things they've only read about in books and haven't seen before.

CX.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by CX

Yes I have seen that website before.
It's fascinating.
There are many many sightings reported in there.
I don't know if you ever heard about Herbie Brennan. He's the author of a book series called Fairy Wars.
I never read them, but I intend to buy them so I can read them soon.
Anyway I recently find out that he has as several videos on the Internet, and he claims that he started to write the books after a several of encounters with fairies.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:26 AM
link   
reply to post by _SilentAssassin_

Thanks for that video. I've never really thought about the possibility of fairies being in our environment. I will have to plant more bell-shaped annuals this year and watch them more closely! Even if I don't catch anything, the communion with nature it will provide will be beneficial.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:45 AM
link   
Personally I do not believe in faeries.

My grandparents and a lot of the older generation in Ireland do tho. There is hundreds of stories regarding Faeries in Ireland, lots involve 'Fairy forts' , i was told many stories as a child by elder relatives or family friends, the stories usually involved someone who took something belonging to a faerie fort, then something bad would happen the person , be it illness, bad accident or even death in some stories, i know people who would point blank refuse to take anything from a faerie fort, and ive heard stories about superstitous builders refusing to build properties through them, ( they are usually a circular patch of land, with an indentation around the outside, they appear in various parts of the irish countryside, some have an old tree at the centre, some nothing but grass, )

I enjoyed the stories as a kid, and will admit i was always too scared to remove anything from a faerie fort lol just incase.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:05 PM
link   
I believe in the Farie Folk, having seen them before. I had a lady friend quite awhile ago that had Faries living in her bathroom. I would always leave the light off when I used it, so I could see them. Beautiful creatures they are, and the females of the Folk are are very well endowed, and beautiful to look at.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:36 PM
link   
reply to post by autowrench

That's a very interesting story and you are very lucky to be able to see them.
Sometimes the fairies fancy mortals.
Everything is capricious about them, even their size. I'm not sure if some of them are evil, but they seem to be playful by nature & secretly aid good-hearted humans in ordinary household tasks.
There are a lot of interesting stories about fairies.

reply to post by Iamonlyhuman

Thanks for that video. I've never really thought about the possibility of fairies being in our environment. I will have to plant more bell-shaped annuals this year and watch them more closely! Even if I don't catch anything, the communion with nature it will provide will be beneficial.

Make sure you plant some oak trees, they live in them in great numbers and use the acorns as decorations.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:38 PM
link   
I sort of believe in the Fey Folk. This island has a very strong Irish heritage, and there are a lot of tales and legends that sprung up around this. I've actually got a book or two on it here somewhere. I've never personally had an encounter, but I know of a few places around the island where you get an uncanny feel that you're not alone or that you're in the presence of something strange.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:08 AM
link   
I am in love with the idea of fairies. When I started researching my irish/celtic roots I studied it a bit. I would love to see one. I have heard good stories and bad.

A year or so ago I went into a craft shop we have here and found a huge pattern for s sun/moon fairy. I got it and all the thread I needed. As the lady was ringing me up she went crazy for the pattern. She proceeds to ask me (with a line slowly forming behind me) with dead seriousness if I feed my fairies. It took me off guard. Usually people don't generally announce things like that loudly lol. I tell her no. She then proceeds to tell me how and what I should feed them. She sets out their food every other day and they come through her "fairy door" into her house to eat.

The people behind me are huffing and irritated and I am just standing there in awe that she is actually saying this in front of everyone. Not because I don't believe but people just usually don't shout out things like that. It was refreshing and slightly amusing. I believed her. She stated it like it was normal for everyone to see and feed fairies.

I also saw a good movie that is based on a true story www.imdb.com... I included the link if you are intersted. It also tells the girls names if you want to do a little research on it.
edit on 1/23/2011 by Kangaruex4Ewe because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 07:46 AM
link   

Originally posted by Lady_Tuatha
Personally I do not believe in faeries.

My grandparents and a lot of the older generation in Ireland do tho. There is hundreds of stories regarding Faeries in Ireland, lots involve 'Fairy forts' , i was told many stories as a child by elder relatives or family friends, the stories usually involved someone who took something belonging to a faerie fort, then something bad would happen the person , be it illness, bad accident or even death in some stories, i know people who would point blank refuse to take anything from a faerie fort, and ive heard stories about superstitous builders refusing to build properties through them, ( they are usually a circular patch of land, with an indentation around the outside, they appear in various parts of the irish countryside, some have an old tree at the centre, some nothing but grass, )

I enjoyed the stories as a kid, and will admit i was always too scared to remove anything from a faerie fort lol just incase.

I had never heard of faerie forts before. Are these natural indentations, like an old meteor/comet impact site? In the U.S. there aren't many traditions around faeries. The only one I know of is that faeries live in mushrooms and that you are not supposed to kick over a mushroom after dark because the faeries won't have time to find a place to sleep if you do.

reply to post by Kangaruex4Ewe

What did the lady tell you she fed faeries? And, what is a faerie door?

I always loved the idea of faeries as a young girl and when I grew up and had children, I decorated my daughter's room with them.
edit on 23/1/2011 by Iamonlyhuman because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 08:17 AM
link   
Well not that i think there are fairy's but if your one that does believe I know were 2 fairy rings show up on a regular bases .
now ovesly it winter right now but if we get rain in may June July and high humid they show up.
so any one want to be the fairy queen .Ps sorry guys there is no fairy kings lol.
all you need to know is were the rings show up wate till a full moon at midnight and step into the center of the ring and you will be transported into the fairy kingdom .
Ps hope you like nectar and cream because thats all they eat.
ok so heres where the rings show up 9rember may june july aug a wet month .
highway 19 north monticello fl right before you get to the dog track right in the highway medim yea in the gras middle of the road there are two taht show up side by side.
ps to any mod this spot is in the middle of a highway and accessible to any one .
so there should be no problem with me putting in the town and spot .

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 10:37 PM
link   
I believe in faeries I do I do! lol

although in all seriousness yes I do. I believe I may have seen them on occasion, most of the time out of the corner of my eye as a fliting bit of light or dark. Our cats see them too. I have a few photos that I have taken that I find to be rather curious as well, I lost one. But I still have the other, perhaps I will post it if I find the time.

There was one incident I think I might have seen one strait on sighting of a faery... but I was on medicine at the time that might have effected me that way...
...still there were 3 other people in the room that I could tell also seemed to see it, as there eyes followed it as it moved and one of them even exclaimed "look it is a little green man" (as in alien)
so I just don't know. Sadly I didn't know these people who also saw it and haven't ever had any further contact with them so can't confim it.

I don't know if it is possible for more than one person to share a hallucination of exactly the same thing?

If it was real I am still not for certain that it was a faery and not another type of supernatural being, as it did not appear to have wings. However it was only about 2.5 to 3 inches tall. It was perfectly purportioned and in the shape of a human, probably male. I couldn't make out any of its features as it seemed to glow rather brightly as if its body was made of pure light. It appeared white with a slight blue hint to me, although as I said someone else exclaimed it to be " a little green man" so perhaps they were not see exactly what I was, or took it to be an alien rather than a faery, I do not know.
It seemed to have the ability to teleport it would sort of just vanish and seconds later it would be standing on someones shoulder or running across a table. One of the others who also appeared to see it tried to catch it by clapping his hands over it, at that point it vanished completely and did not appear again.

I hope to have further faery sighting someday. I would looooove to go to Ireland and search for them.

faeries eat various foods, often it is said cake, nectar, milk, and fruit (apples are a favorite) but some tells also tell of them luring humans to their death to dine on them, some of them take the forms of animals like the fox so I think its safe to say that some eat meat as well.
I believe that the pervious poster may be mistaken as I think their may be legends of faery kings as well as queens or perhaps at least a few prominate fae knights aka lords if not kings.

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
here in ireland belife in the faery folk is still strong in places, and I remember my grandmother telling me about seeing faerys in the pheonix park in a part of the park called the fury glen ( fury, is faery in old dublin lingo) but that part tof the park has a lot of weird stuff that happens in it, if you take photos in the fury glen at least 2 will have orbs in them I have seen a lot of photos from this part of the park and a lot of them have orbs in them

posted on Feb, 5 2011 @ 09:07 AM
link   
How uncanny, I recently had a dream about fairy’s.

Two emerged beside me, the eldest or tallest was female, she was absolutely surreal, I was very excited and kept repeating your real, your real, she was carrying a woven wicker basket, but I can’t remember what was in it, she had golden blonde hair it was clipped up in such a way so that it showed her ears, pointed and delicate as of typical fairy reports, her hair was to her waste and had natural waves and curls, If I remember correctly her dress was a very pale pink and stopped just above her knees. She was about 3 feet tall.

Weird I know, every fairy I’ve looked up trying to find anything else similar have all been very very small,

The younger or shorter fairy, I felt was her daughter, and in my dream I didn’t pay much attention to her, I mainly focused on the taller of the two.

All I could find about dreaming about fairy’s is this.

Dream Dictionary

Fairy To dream of a fairy, is a favorable omen to all classes, as it is always a scene with a beautiful face portrayed as a happy child, or woman.

What does that mean? favourable omen to all classes ?

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 04:08 PM
link   

[color=3B9C9C]Richard Dadd was an English artist of the late nineteenth century, known for his fantastic subjects. He went mad

[atsimg]http://files.abovetopsecret.com/images/member/0c680541ab14.jpg[/atsimg]
[color=C8B560](Link) Richard Dadd 1817 - 1886

in the early 40s, [Dadd] exhibited subjects from A Midsummer Night's Dream and The Tempest, noteworthy for their delicacy of touch and supernatural lighting effects....[After his detention]Dadd was extremely fortunate in being attended by sympathetic doctors who encouraged him to paint. Isolated form the world outside and from new developments in art, he fell back on the themes of his sane period, historical and literary subjects, recollections of the Middle East, portraits and fairies. The body of work he produced after he went mad is often bizarre and puzzling, but even in his disturbed state he painted with a clarity of form which reflects Nazarene influence....[his] most extraordinary achievement is the enigmatic The Fair Feller's Master-Stroke (1855-64), a hallucinatory vision of fantastic creatures, seen as if with a magnifying glass through a delicate network of grasses and flowers

posted on Feb, 10 2011 @ 05:08 PM
link   
reply to post by Whateva69

How beautiful.

Thank you so much all for sharing your experiences!

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 02:35 AM
link   
bump, because i'd like someone to answer my fairy dream lol

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 03:16 AM
link   
Well I heard Fairies wear boots.

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 04:07 AM
link   
reply to post by randyvs

I believe you are correct, well according to google

Fairy Boots

posted on Mar, 3 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   

Here are a couple of Fairies caught on camera..........

edit on 3-3-2011 by Uncle Gravity because: (no reason given)

new topics

top topics

<<   2 >>

join