It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The Ascention Is Underway And Will End In 2012, What Is Your Choice?

page: 5
<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:12 PM
link   
reply to post by strangleholder1

We die and we don't return here, out of the vast cosmos, chances are your reincarnation won't even be in our galaxy, although it could but unlikely.

I am skeptic on the whole spirit thing, but it does ring a bell close to home, if you know what I mean.

Logically nothing happens, but if something does I know where my adventure takes me.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by 0zzymand0s
reply to post by jrmcleod

All Armageddon-like visions and prophesies are personal. In other words, see a doctor, because you may have a tumor.

A bit harsh wouldnt you say? So everyone who has thoughts on Armageddon as you put it may have a tumor?

Unless you totally ignored my OP you will see that i HAVE NOT fore-seen or had visions of anything, i am simply stating my belief.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:16 PM
link   

Originally posted by Quasar_La-Zar

~~~Begin quote~~~
and if reading my posts helps others re-evaluate their manner to other people then thats a good thing that leads towards a betterment of humanity.
~~~End quote~~~

Thats what every single religion will say, its for the betterment of humanity, when in reality you're doing more harm than good. The sooner the world gets away from these unrealistic views and obvious bait to lure people into said religion, the sooner we can get to world peace.

Besides, resources and religion were always causes for the major wars, Islam vs Christianity for example.

I was making reference to the fact that people who are filled with negativity, fear and anger etc, if they read my posts and it makes them feel better then surely this helps the betterment of humanity.

I wasnt stating that if you belief what i belief you will help in the betterment of humanity!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:20 PM
link   
What about children? What about babies? What if parents are ready to ascend but kids are too young to know the difference? Do they get separated? What about people with down syndrome? What about an old person with dementia? Would people that can't consciously make a choice be left behind? Would kids who aren't quite able to understand "raising their vibration" be left behind? Where exactly are these "portals"? What if people can't physically get to the "portals"? What's the exact difference between the 4th and 5th dimension? Details make things a little more believable.
edit on 23-1-2011 by kalamatas because: typo

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   

All you were doing was stating a belief?

Well -- me too, Jack.

Here's "my belief."

There are two sides to life and death. Those who obsess over what happens on the side opposite from where they are now are completely missing the point of existence. Do you think Ascended Beings sit around having long, drawn out conversations about e moment in the future when they might all be forced to take a human form? Because that sounds like a real downer to me.

IMO -- You are alive today. Get out there and do something to make the world a better / cooler / more interesting place for other living beings while you can. You can be "ascended" and stuff when you are no longer bound by a human body.

YMMV.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:24 PM
link   
I'd like to take the opportunity to post some things in response to what others have stated throughout the thread, i'm sorry if you have asked me a question and i havent replied but the thread has attracted more attention than i thought.

I am aware that poeple have hugely different views on life and death etc and the processes within, but i would like to ask people to not accuse me of being suicidal and other people who belief their own things as being suicidal or have some other severe medical condition. I think its an extremely hurtful thing to say to someone and its totally unnessecary.

By all means post your thoughts on the subject matter or other peoples responses but its not required that you verbally bash others because of their beliefs.

Many of you have stated that you feel something similar and thats great, many have said they dont believe it etc and thats great also. i am NOT trying to tell people what to believe, i have simply made a thread about my belief...NOT VISIONS OR PROPHECIES that i am entitled to do as an ATS member. If some of you think its rubbish and not worth a mention that thats fine, if there are others out there who wish to contribute to the thought then thats also fine, but please stop the (what can be taken personally through own life experiences) implications of serious medical conditions because of the belief because it can have an effect on people that you cant see or recognise.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:27 PM
link   
Verbally bash?

That's pressed-milk thin skin there, kid. I'd suggest you work on that before you worry overmuch about your ascension, but that would be hateful I guess.

Again -- YMMV.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:31 PM
link   

Verbally bash?

That's pressed-milk thin skin there, kid. I'd suggest you work on that before you worry overmuch about your ascension, but that would be hateful I guess.

Again -- YMMV.

No its not hateful, its your opinion on me. I posted the statement because people have taken the whole concept of my belief and turned it into their own reason to post things about me and others that they know nothing about.

This thread was posted in the Metphysical forum to begin with because i felt it was right to have it there as it was MY belief. It was moved by the MODS to 2012 because, i presume the title has 2012 in it. This has made people think its a prophecy or vision or that its fact, when it isnt.

MODS - I would appreciate it if you could move this thread back to its original forum to save the confusion.
edit on 23/1/11 by jrmcleod because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:40 PM
link   
It wasn't even an opinion. I don't actually know or "believe" you have a tumor any more then I believe in the book of revelations, 2012, or emo girls with vampire boyfriends.

It was just a carefully worded suggestion that you "snap out of it," and get on with the business of living, because mystics have been overly concerned with the far side of the veil for thousands of years, and there has never been a single documented case of their obsessions doing anything good for anyone (else).

Now -- if you just want a cheering section, or "only positive" replies to your thread, I can understand it. I don't happen to believe that such demands promote the denial of ignorance, or even interesting debate, but -- whatever.

I'm not in charge around here, and god knows I'll probably be "warned" for providing any kind of serious counterpoint in this thread.

So there you have it: My counterpoint to your "idea" / "opinion." I'll bail out now and go do something productive with the rest of my morning, and you are free to continue doing whatever it is you do, as well.

Best of luck to you.
edit on 23-1-2011 by 0zzymand0s because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:45 PM
link   

It wasn't even an opinion. I don't actually know or "believe" you have a tumor any more then I believe in the book of revelations, 2012, or emo girls with vampire boyfriends.

It was just a carefully worded suggestion that you "snap out of it," and get on with the business of living, because mystics have been overly concerned with the far side of the veil for thousands of years, and there has never been a single documented case of their obsessions doing anything good for anyone (else).

Now -- if you just want a cheering section, or "only positive" replies to your thread, I can understand it. I don't happen to believe that such demands promote the denial of ignorance, or even interesting debate, but -- whatever.

I'm not in charge around here, and god knows I'll probably be "warned" for providing any kind of serious counterpoint in this thread.

Look, serious counterpoints can be made without judgemnet on others. Its a simple as that. If i post something someone disagrees with when its clearly MY thoughts, then they have no right or need to make comments that hurt peoples beliefs simply because they believe it to be induced by a medical condition or suicidal notion.

I dont want cheering or all positive replies, i want opinions on my thoughts that others can share, but not opinions on the health of myself or other posters because of their belief...this isnt hard to understand or steer away from!

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 12:55 PM
link   
jrmcleod pay no attention...I appreciate you posting this...I think it's interesting to hear other peoples ideas and thoughts, and to discuss them, whether I believe in them or not. I happen to think your right, partly, or wholly, im not sure but I know what your talking about.

You also have a right to post your thoughts here (it would be better in the section you originally posted it in) and to discuss them without the abuse you seem to be getting from kids like 0zzymand0s.

I think the point I am trying to make is that no one should be shouted down or made to look stupid for what they believe...

namaste my friend

edit on 23-1-2011 by doubledutch because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:08 PM
link   
Can you reply to kalamatas.

BTW, I don't like it when others use insults and demeaning remarks just because you are proposing a theory/opinion.

We are all here to mentally masturbate.

Let the discussion continue.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:16 PM
link   

I reject your version of reality and choose to follow my own path. We will be here in 2013 and you will still be waiting for your ascension.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I love the idea of ascension... but I think that in the end it causes some people to just sit around doing nothing with the belief that they are good enough to "ascend", and they just have to wait a couple more years and then all their troubles will go away.

I like to believe ascension will happen, and I do my best everyday to live a life of light and love, and to spread it to the people around me- But I am not consciously "planning" to disappear from the world in 2012 and re-appear in a totally new environment and life. I will continue to hope and work for the idea that the world will change not through some kind of spiritual intervention from powers beyond- but by the spiritual intervention of ourselves rising up to challenge our current reality and create a new paradigm of peace and love... on THIS earth.
edit on 23/1/1111 by Monts because: shpelling

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:23 PM
link   
reply to post by Erongaricuaro

Many Thanks for the reply Eron.

I appreciate the feedback and my post is borne out of experiance rather than hearsay.

I used to visit ATS because I had the other end of the stick thinking it was a place where people came who just beleived in conspiracy theory.

I have since switched polarity's and now think much more critically and feel if I have a valid point I will provide it.

You may hear much more from me in the future re some experiances and in my experiance mental health which quite rightly should be questioned will rear its ugly head and input will be asked for as it will make a great thread on its own as to the why's and how's and whether mental health makes an important factor in those experiancing abductions,obe's, mediumship and whether or not a chemical imbalance is needed in order to experiance what most of us hear other people experiancing.

I beleive the field of psychology and Giving Patients FMRI are looking into the possibility of that now but I dont beleive important questions should be regarded as Taboo because someone thinks it's ruining their thread.

On that I beleive I will leave the bashing to other folk but I wanted to raise awareness and not nessesarily debunk anyone, we are all kindred spirits to one degree or another and there is much to be learned from everyone, I dont think there is much point though on discussing anything if claims are baseless and disguised behind language which infers intelligence in the poster and not the reader, by all means bring a subject up if it makes you feel good to do so but be aware of the comments that will be attracted because of the subject matter.

One final point most of the posts I have seen relate to a lot of B movies I have recently seen and I dont know if I am correct in saying so but this whole thing with solar storms and the earths magnetic field was from the movie Ground Zero (just made its way to the scifi channel here in the uk),and I wonder if some of the posters are seeing these movies way long before we do and introducing such matter into the forums before we become collectively aware a bit like some photos that were taken and are available in the alien forum of crafts with strange symbolism but then a few years later I recognised such a craft from an episode in the x-files, I think some people may see such references as proof of disclosure in the form of a tv series rather than the other way around of someone stealing thier idea's from the same tv series.

Sometime's it requires a bit of upsidedown or back to front thinking when processing the story's I read on here and some are just downright unexplainable.

At the end of the day there will always be people who seek to question everything and who catch onto a thing pretty quickly and try and get the info out there but we must be careful whom we impress our ideas upon and this is the point I want to make.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:41 PM
link   

I understand why you FEEL like an ascension is taking place and why that would happen. We live in a world that is nothing like the fairy tales told in those new age web-sites. You feel the need to ascend because this world is dark, evil, and does not stack up to something that sounds like paradise. You could say it is your home away from the world.

That is what it is though, a fairy tale. We will not ascend than you will be left with a major disappointment. I have been to that place where I thought ascension would be great. I was sold on the idea that you are reborn in a new universe with what I already know but emerge as a child in that dimension. However, when reality set in I had to make a choice. I had to either move forward in my life not leaving anything to what someone else says or I had to live in this illusion.

I chose to move forward in my life and not let someone else's theory, that has no proof or validity, take over my life. Because if I did I would be going out and buying those same people's books. So while they are making millions I am sitting here glamoring about a fantasy world.

edit on 23-1-2011 by Equinox99 because: sentence re-structuring

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:58 PM
link   

Originally posted by Somehumanbeing
The OP has delicately written about "ascension" in such a way that when "ascension" does not happen at the end of 2012, it will not be enough to dissuade him from his delusions.

I never said it would only occur in 2012, i said it will end in 2012...read the title. Ascension is occurring right now but the mass ascension that is taking place at the moment through all the natural disasters and other means yet to unfold (IMO), will stop after 2012. That is what i am implying. If i do not ascend, either through death or whatever between now and the end of 2012, i will still get my chance. The ascension process IMO doesnt ever end, its just the mass ascension that will end after 2012.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 01:59 PM
link   

The ascension is not a outwardly event the ascension is personal and of yourself.

You ascend yourself to the level/frequency of denser awareness that you choose to both consciously and subconsciously.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   

Originally posted by 11118

The ascension is not a outwardly event the ascension is personal and of yourself.

You ascend yourself to the level/frequency of denser awareness that you choose to both consciously and subconsciously.

Could you maybe elaborate further on your notion here 11118?

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 02:10 PM
link   
I am sure you have good intentions, but this all seems a little “Heaven's Gate” to me. Heavens Gate tried to ascend to a comet they thought was a mother ship so they offed themselves to hitch a ride.

Lets just hope someone with mental problems doesn't misunderstand your thread and try to make their own “portal” so they can be a part of this “great ascension.”

Most of what you stated does not add up if you figure in children and babies.

top topics

<< 2  3  4    6  7  8 >>

join