It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Plan for survival now !! Its starting !

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by jamiejames
There sure is ALOT of talking about food....and no one mentioned....Jesus said, "Man shall not live by bread alone, but by EVERY WORD that proceeds from the mouth of God." Also, keep this in mind, Jesus went without food for 40 days...which is 1/2 a winter. My advice is this.....LEARN HOW TO CONTROL YOUR EATING HABITS!!!! In other words......FAST!!!!

You'd be surprised at how LITTLE the body needs to function......UNLESS, of course, you're overweight, obese, FAT!

What happens is this....when you're constantly 'snacking' your stomach is expanding....allowing for more food to be digested. Therefore, when you eat....you have to keep eating to fill that space...and that's when you become full. It also makes you hungry faster! That's why...people that are overweight....are constantly grubbing.

The only way to fight that hunger....is through FASTING. I've been fasting for about 4 or 5 years now....meaning, i only eat when i'm REALLY hungry; which is darn near the point of passing out. I usually don't eat my 1st meal until sometime in the afternoon; around 1 p.m. ish.

Now, let me tell you.....IT IS NOT EASY....but, i have gone DAYS with nothing......because i am disciplining my body. Keep in mind.....food is just for energy...not for munching away when your stomach growls. I, personally, can go an entire year....on a squirrel's portion of food...because I AM IN CONTROL OF MY BODY...not the other way around.

So, all you overweight people....might want to put down them snacks, NOW! Believe me......when your body wants to eat...and there is NO DISCIPLINE.....YOU WILL eat! That's what i fear; millions of overweight people...dying a slow death, while wreaking havoc because of their starvation!

Excellent point you make, is your fasting part of your religion? It is a significant part of mine to varying degrees to discipline ourselves and to economize and donate the savings to the less fortunate among us. As you say, it is not easy, and I see the difficulty those who are overweight have with it. I personally am not overweight but 2 of 4 in my own home are so I can clearly compare the varying levels of difficulty we each have with it. I'm not Mormon, but they have some valuable information with regard to food storage and selection. I figure the better I control my diet the more I will have to share with others should the need arise.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 11:52 AM
link   
Gosh! It must be something about us Irish lol! Because I have nothing prepared either, and don't have a clue where to even start!
I have been saying for the past while that I want to prepare, but I actually have no idea where to even begin. :/

I do feel with a personal certainty that we are very close to an extreme change, but I really have no idea what to do to prepare.
I have tried to talk to people in person about this, but honestly, they just don't get it. In fact, I think most think I am a bit loopy when I try explain my feelings about it all.
So I don't even bother trying to explain anymore. If they don't want to listen, I can't make them.

Couple of questions...

What sort of things would one want to stock up on, with the best nutritional value etc.

Can someone tell me the best way to training yourself to fast healthily too? I wouldn't mind putting this into practice either.

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 02:55 PM
link   
The exteme couponers with the garages full of products are the only ones I know who can stockpile on a dime.
No matter how much stuff you buy, you will eventually run out. Save seeds, practice gardening, practice canning from the garden, buy some how to books on how to: make soap, candles, can food, treat medical emergencies, wine making, cheese making, sewing, etc... What edible plants are edible...

I give up, I even put gas in the cans in the garage my husband just uses stuff up and doesn't replace. People will drop like flies from lack of knowledge, starvation, and depression. Think about how much stress comes from abrupt changes. It takes more than one person in a family to help prepare and think of what to do.

Here' something easy to do... burn your gagbage off in the back yard, when the animals come at night to check it out shoot them for food. People's dogs and cats would eventually be wandering too as people die off. Look up squirrel, racoon, possum, buzzard recipies on line. Buy rat traps. You would be amazed what animals come to check out the food garbage. Save your animal grease in a jar, this would be a great lure. Pour some on the fire trash pile. These tactics will work for the elderly who can not run around hunting. I know being really practical is greusome.

edit on 25-1-2011 by frugal because: spelling

posted on Jan, 25 2011 @ 03:13 PM
link   

Originally posted by Moose318
Man reading this thread and thinking about food made me think of something. What if all these bird, fish, and cow deaths are somehow related to a plan to make us starve...To make natural food scarce? If the SHTF, people will likely resort to hunting more. If the natural selection of game animals is gone, what will we do then?

I've seen this as the bigger picture for a while, especialy when the floods started.

The QLD floods wiped out a particular Valley which i wont name as i cant spell it
(fine, Lochyer?) but that valley was jampacked with QLD's biggest fruit and veg producing farms.

Brazil's been flooded, NZ's been hit by a few Quakes... ontop of the mass animal die offs. Knew it wouldent stick to birds for long, and when it made the switch from a few hundred or thousand small wild animals to ten thousand cattle in vietnam.... yes...............

It may not just be to starve us, it may also be to cripple us financialy as well so the whole thing comes about quicker. With HAARP, and all the natural disasters - alot of people loose their homes or all their belongings. EVERY SINGLE INSURANCE AGENCY that can turn to the fineprint to give you the finger when you claim... will, and they have been over here.

So people are loosing their homes, pretty much everything, not getting any aid, so this will upset employment also as people i dont think will cope with the stress of not having a home and still going to work every day.

Food prices are allready starting to skyrocket over here, and they're being greedy buisnesspeople as well - fuel prices and labor will go up too under the excuse of oh we have to pay more to feed ourselves too now so we're passing on some of the price.

For the people that arnt hit and get to keep their homes... well... once theres enough homeless, angry and desperate people out there. You're homes and food will look very nice indeed to them...

think you can figure out the rest of the story im seeing may happen here.

posted on Jan, 29 2011 @ 05:42 PM
link   
As a gardener and someone whom grows a fair portion of their own food I just wanted to add a couple of things about seeds and growing. If you're going to save seeds keep them cool and like a couple of peeps have already mentioned - only non hybrid varieties. With hybrid seeds - they are either sterile or they will revert to one of the parent strains. With non hybrid you will be able to collect seeds, store them, plant and thus keep a cycle going. Just bear in mind that one person will not be able to grow everything they need so a good network or barter system is a good thing.
Isolation just won't work. Also think about eating seasonally now - because if TSHTF I very much doubt we'll get many imports.
For seeds to save, take a look at companion planting guides for useful flowers and don't forget herbs.
The biggest top tip is to get as fit as possibe. Cos that ole adage just keeps running through my mind...

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:17 PM
link   
reply to post by 10987654321

I also believe in pre-destination, and I am really not afraid of the whole idea of death. What I am more afraid of is what I will have to go through before I take my final breath. I don't want to see the things that I believe are coming to our country, but if I have to I would rather face them prepared and informed.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 07:38 PM
link   
reply to post by Screwed

You may not kill for food, but believe me, there are plenty of people who will. ESPECIALLY when they see their children dying of hunger. I am not as concerned about having a store of supplies as I am concerned about the people who will be roaming about looking for those of us they refer to as "Supply Depots".

With the increase in unemployment comes the rise in crime. Not doomsday predictions...facts. With meth heads killing their mothers for another day of poison, what will starving marauders do? If you plan on preparing, prepare to defend your preparations. If you don't you are only storing for someone else.

posted on Jan, 31 2011 @ 08:03 PM
link   
reply to post by Wildeagle

Anything is better than nothing. Remember the basic necessities for life itself, first. Shelter, food, water, light. Start small and plan for 3 days. If there is more time, add to your supplies. A good site with loads of information is survivalmonkey and survivalblog. Get a couple of backpacks and get started. Tomorrow may be too late.

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join