It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Gov. Abercrombie drops effort to disclose more information on Obama birth certificate

page: 1
<<   2 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   

Gov. Abercrombie drops effort to disclose more information on Obama birth certificate

www.staradvertiser.com

Democratic Gov. Neil Abercrombie will end his quest to prove President Barack Obama was born in Hawaii because it's against state law to release private documents, his office said today State Attorney General David Louie told the governor he can't disclose an individual's birth documentation without a person's consent.
(visit the link for the full news article)

edit on 22-1-2011 by devildogUSMC because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:59 AM
link   
First the governer claimed be would find the birth certificate to shut everyone
up, then he could not find it, now he is not going to look anymore because he needs consent?
I have never put much stock into this theory but this string of stories that constantly are changing is very suspicious, I will admit.

www.staradvertiser.com
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Abercrombie needs Obama's original birth certificate to achieve his quest. It has been stated time and time again, he does not hold authority in having it released. Aside from Obama and his immediate family members, only Hawaiian state health officials, one of them being Fukino, has access to it, but even she is cannot go ahead without permission.

Guess birthers will just have to continue raising more questions and dead evidence.
edit on 22-1-2011 by Southern Guardian because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:21 AM
link   
Rreply to post by Southern Guardian

I'm not a birther and I don't even know about the people you mentioned at all. I just don't understand why the guy said he would put this to rest then could not find it and is now not allowed access. The story keeps changing and usually when that happens something is going on.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:26 AM
link   

Originally posted by devildogUSMC
Rreply to post by Southern Guardian

I just don't understand why the guy said he would put this to rest then could not find it and is now not allowed access.

I trust it's just political on the side of Abercrombie. However I don't see the patience in the Hawaiian people lasting too long. While he is chasing off nutty rightwing conspiracy theories, there is a state that needs to be run.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:34 AM
link   
reply to post by Southern Guardian

You think the governer is just trying to make a name for himself?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:53 AM
link   
reply to post by devildogUSMC

his office said today State Attorney General David Louie told the governor he can't disclose an individual's birth documentation without a person's consent.

Hah. So, in reality, that person is Obama. And he apparently refuses to give consent for the disclosure of his birth certificate. So apparently, a president can just "say no" when the public demands confirmation of his/her legitimacy.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:02 AM
link   
reply to post by WhizPhiz

I guess so, huh. It seems like there mighr be more to it than that. I mean, does anybody know if they asked this for consent?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:03 AM
link   
Should have added Gov. Abercrombie.
At first i was like wait... a clothing company what?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:09 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhizPhiz

his office said today State Attorney General David Louie told the governor he can't disclose an individual's birth documentation without a person's consent.

Hah. So, in reality, that person is Obama. And he apparently refuses to give consent for the disclosure of his birth certificate. So apparently, a president can just "say no" when the public demands confirmation of his/her legitimacy.

Bingo...

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:13 AM
link   
I'll be the first to say the GOV should have stayed out of it. As the story goes, the GOV knew both the parents and was in contact when Obama was born. He wanted to put an end to the story by getting it.

Like many elected officials he found out when he took office that his powers, do not go above the law.
I wish they would release the thing so this could be put to rest, however..

Would it not just be called a fake if they did produce it?

The one they produced is the "Legal" document that is released for identification purposes.

All I can say is if you think it's a fake, keep at it.

If I were him I would not release it either just on principle.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by WhizPhiz

The only person in the USA that needs to demonstrate his natural born status - and he says 'nah I don't think I will!' - how can anybody support his refusal!?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:17 AM
link   
reply to post by ziggystrange

You know what, they probobly would call it fake now that all this happened. Its a rigamarole.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:24 AM
link   

Originally posted by ziggystrange
I wish they would release the thing so this could be put to rest,

That will not happen I assure ya.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:36 AM
link   
It's deplorable that someone who is Governor could make such a pathetic mistake. Of course he can't release someone's birth certificate without their consent. This man must be a complete idiot to have created this situation ..... good luck to Hawaii, with Governors like that you really need it!

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:46 AM
link   
I love it!
Gov. Abercrombie tells Barack Hussein, “I got your back buddy. I’ll put this to rest”.
Then BAM, “ah sorry can’t find it”.
Nobody was even talking about this anymore. All he did was poke a stick on old crap and stir up new smell.
Being an ATS.com lover, should I think bringing this up now is all a clever ploy, to distract us from what the government is about to do?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:03 AM
link   

Originally posted by Southern Guardian

Originally posted by ziggystrange
I wish they would release the thing so this could be put to rest,

That will not happen I assure ya.

How do you know that? Considering how Obama's acted so far ... I find it highly doubtful.

Just release the damn thing .. it would be so much easier and would put this to rest for most people.
But Obama hasn't done it. Heck, even Bush43 released his military medical records
(even though he didn't have to) in order to satisfy the people who claimed he was AWOL.

If he wasn't trying to hide something, it would be released.
There is SOMETHING there that he's hiding .. dunno what .. but it's pretty obvious that there is.

IMHO -
Born in Hawaii? Probably.
Something on the BC that wouldn't look good for election time? Probably.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:15 AM
link   
reply to post by FlyersFan

Agreed.
Something is going on. With all the speculation and contaversy, who would not release something within their power to stop it if they could?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by D1Useek
I love it!
Gov. Abercrombie tells Barack Hussein, “I got your back buddy. I’ll put this to rest”.
Then BAM, “ah sorry can’t find it”.
I don't think it's that he can't find it, though that's what some misleading headlines have suggested, I think it's more like this poster claimed in the other thread:

www.abovetopsecret.com...

Originally posted by 46ACE
Abercrombie:"This birther thing is stupid!" I'll fix this..."
Democrats : " uh no please don't bother"..
abercrombie "Er ....uh...
uh....
crap..."
Actually he'd just need Obama's permission to put it to rest, and I think if Obama was willing to provide that permission, he would have done so, since Okubo offered to release the vital records years ago, with Obama's permission.

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Just release the damn thing .. it would be so much easier and would put this to rest for most people.
I wish he would, it would put it to rest for me.

There is SOMETHING there that he's hiding .. dunno what .. but it's pretty obvious that there is.
That's a logical assessment given what has transpired.

IMHO -
Born in Hawaii? Probably.
Something on the BC that wouldn't look good for election time? Probably.
Probably so, however I can't help wondering if what they are hiding does relate to his birthplace, or maybe lack of documentation for it. All the conflicting stories about whether the hospital he was born at was Queens, or Kapiolani, or neither one have me wondering where in Hawaii he was actually born. If it was that clear I don't think we'd have all these conflicting stories and I think this makes Obama the first president ever where we don't know his place of birth.

So much for the promised transparency.

Originally posted by JohhnyBGood
The only person in the USA that needs to demonstrate his natural born status - and he says 'nah I don't think I will!' - how can anybody support his refusal!?
He claims he has demonstrated it, and if we accept that Fukino is not a fallible human being, but instead, an infallible god-like creature incapable of making a mistake or misinterpretation, then yes I'd have to say he has demonstrated it. However, I think Fukino probably isn't an infallible god-like creature, but instead a fallible human being like the rest of us, so the source document would be a much better fact than her word, especially since she didn't confirm the birthplace was Kapiolani as governor Lingle claims to have instructed her to do.
edit on 22-1-2011 by Arbitrageur because: clarification

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:45 AM
link   

Originally posted by FlyersFan
Just release the damn thing .. it would be so much easier and would put this to rest for most people. But Obama hasn't done it. Heck, even Bush43 released his military medical records
(even though he didn't have to) in order to satisfy the people who claimed he was AWOL.

Most people are already satisfied.

And your Bush military records comparison only helps Southern Guardian’s point because there are still people who believe Bush was AWOL. They’re not as vocal now because he isn’t in office anymore.

If Obama doesn’t get re-elected how many birthers will there be? Yeah...

top topics

<<   2 >>

join