It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Chris Matthews Calls for Assassination of Entire Congress

page: 3
<< 1  2   >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:09 PM
link   
For crying out loud nice example of Machiavelli here...lets keep taking things out of context so we can accuse each other of being Neo Cons and Libtards, gee, its amazing to watch this game being played, the perpetrators don't even have to engage in the action anymore as the overly fanatic followers will do the job for them just fine.

Im definitely losing any interest in a number of forums on this website now. It is all becoming worse then the radio talk shows...sure hope you are all proud

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:16 PM
link   
LOL, are people actually defending this goon and saying it's taken out of context?

Absurd.

It's in perfect context.

This is actually worse than what Palin did by far, because this one has a clear message written over the cross hairs.

Can't believe anyone is stubborn enough to even make a slight attempt to defend it.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:09 PM
link   
reply to post by muzzleflash

No I am actually laughing at everyone involved in this thread as a bunch of non critical thinking, incapable of seeing out of the box retards. Please both sides are wrong on all of these threads, sheesh once again I point out Machiavelli..are you familiar at all?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:37 PM
link   
Oh yay...someone else has picked up this headline. Chris Matthews Calls for Assassination of Entire Congress!!! So it now appears on ATS and Moonbattery.

Also...here's another video on Newsbusters that was not part of what I found on the MSNBC website itself. newsbusters.org... It's a 1:29 minute intro segment. In case anyone wants to listen to the words that went with the picture in the intro.

reply to post by muzzleflash

The clear message being what? That he's telling people, nay ordering his minions, to fire on the right?

Ever consider for a moment he may have been intentionally taunting exactly this kind of attack to maybe prove a point? To see how many of those who defended Palin would jump on him in exactly the same way in a heartbeat?

I'm sure some of the comments here are tongue in cheek and that others simple didn't take the time to watch but reacted purely to the headlines. The rest, well...you know within yourselves where you're coming from.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:39 PM
link   

Originally posted by Shadowfoot

No I am actually laughing at everyone involved in this thread as a bunch of non critical thinking, incapable of seeing out of the box retards. Please both sides are wrong on all of these threads, sheesh once again I point out Machiavelli..are you familiar at all?

Everyone? Gee thanks alot...but then you're here too

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:51 PM
link   
I have heard - an image is worth a thousand words

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:29 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

My apologies, you are always a fine level headed poster, I just did a poor job of controling my ire..once again I apologize

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:35 PM
link   

Originally posted by ~Lucidity
Before I go off a cliff with a bunch of lemmings, got a link to what he actually SAID or DISCUSSED to go along with the picture? I feel like I'd be going off 100% blind if I were to comment on this with so little information as provided in the OP and at the links in the OP. Got a link to the actual words that went with this picture? In context? Thanks.

Sorry if this has been said already, but did Palin's political add get taken in context? Or was it blown completely out of proportion...be honest.

SO to be fair- if conservatives will be blamed for violent rhetoric then it is only fair that progressives/liberals will be too.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:49 PM
link   
No problem, Shadowfoot...made me laugh. Thanks!

reply to post by freedish

Certainly it was taken more in context than this. This picture and the accompanying words convey an entirely different message. And again...proportion of scale. Her map/chart/poster...whatever we're calling it...stayed up for a long time and the accompanying rhetoric matched its theme pretty well.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:54 PM
link   
reply to post by ~Lucidity

Both sides will be blamed for violent political rhetoric. The difference here is that republicans SEE IT AS IT IS -political- violent rhetoric.

It seems Democrats think that people are stupid and if they see a cross hairs over anything they will grab their rifles and go on a shooting spree.

Common...we have all seen way more violent stuff in movies...Saving Private Ryan? And nobody seems to have a problem with that.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:55 PM
link   

Originally posted by Alxandro
I'm waiting for some moonbat to actually come out and claim the target logo is not the same as crosshairs.

Why are you waiting for that? Is it because Palin called them gunsights. Then her staff insisted they were surveyor markings just so she could go on Sean Hannity and call them gunsights again? Just because Palin cannot keep her BS straight then?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 10:50 PM
link   
reply to post by saltheart foamfollower

I'm not sure if the problem is the politicians...no, wait, it is. A few of them, sometimes, at least, But...well... its also the corporate control of the politicians! We just had a shooting of a representative. An attractive, fairly youthful, intelligent, and not controversial politician having a public appearance. A tragedy including deaths of others. And today I read how the Viacom CEO just got an $84,000,000 (yes, that's 84 million dollars) bonus. So just how warped IS our society? And where do all those dollars go? Sometimes, into political coffers. Do you think that much money in the hands of a few might be influential in a way that benefits the wealthy at the cost of the rest of us? I do. Maybe the anger of society is misdirected. I guess all the money the wall street guys and the bankers received the last few years and then the problems it caused hasn't taught any lasting lessons. No hubris, no humility, no real understanding of normal people's way of life and how hard it is in everyday life for America in these current economic times. Maybe shooting off guns isn't the answer but maybe we should be shooting off our mouths a bit more loudly in the right directions.

posted on Jan, 23 2011 @ 09:27 PM
link   
Hehehehehehehehe

Yes, this is hyperbole.

But ANYONE that attempts to differentiate between what this states and what ANYONE else states, will show their TRUE colors.

Either admit the disfunction, or go on about your business.

Can we not have some civility? Why is Mathews calling for death of the entire congress?

edit on 23-1-2011 by saltheart foamfollower because: (no reason given)

top topics

<< 1  2   >>

join