It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

Osama bin Laden threatens to kill French hostages in new tape

page: 1

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   

Osama bin Laden threatens to kill French hostages in new tape

www.telegraph. co.uk

By Richard Spencer, Middle East Correspondent 7:00AM GMT 22 Jan 2011

France is believed to have eight of its nationals held by Islamist radicals in various parts of the world, including five in Niger, two in Afghanistan and one in Somalia.

Two more Frenchmen, Antoine de Leocour and Vincent Delory, were killed in Niger earlier this month, probably by their captors, during an attempt to rescue them.

Mr de Leocour worked for a non-governmental organisation in the country and Mr Delory, a childhood friend, had flown in to be best man at his wedding.

In the new tape, a voice believed to
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:51 AM
link   
Hmm,interesting timing here,not even a week after the President declared that France is our closest ally then we have the dead guy show up and threatening to kill some french hostages if they don't pull out of Afghanistan..Perhaps the Anglo/American faction is showing it's disapproval of Obama's statement?

www.telegraph. co.uk
(visit the link for the full news article)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:53 AM
link   
what a convenient time for this guy to rear his ugly head again.

something must need covering up...

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:02 AM
link   
reply to post by The Mo

No different than the 2 guys who are still being held in iran. It eats me alive that they can't send us in to get them out. Let me take that back, they CAN but they wont. That bothers me more than anything. One group any sf deployed in could get these guys out.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:33 AM
link   
I remember reading a thread about trying to capture ghosts on audio tape. I guess this is proof that a dead man's voice can still be recorded.

After seeing the fake bin Laden videos I haven't believed any of the tapes/videos released. And unless I overlooked it, the public doesn't even get to hear this recording.
edit on 22-1-2011 by JohnnyTHSeed because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:40 AM
link   
Yeah, funny. Dead man talking like that....

Hey, we can't let the people know he died. He is the face of terrorism after all. If he dies, the government loses it's main justification for it's occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan... though... In 50 years when Osama is still releasing tapes, the people might start getting a bit suspicious.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:32 AM
link   

Originally posted by The Mo
what a convenient time for this guy to rear his ugly head again.

something must need covering up...

Covering up yes , the 6ft deep hole they left behind when they dug him up again .Seriously someone could get hurt with a open hole like that !

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:35 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Hey, we can't let the people know he died. He is the face of terrorism after all. If he dies, the government loses it's main justification for it's occupation of Iraq and Afghanistan... though... In 50 years when Osama is still releasing tapes, the people might start getting a bit suspicious.

Yes they will still be useing him and releasing tapes a hundred years from now .Don't think many would question it though . Sad

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:40 AM
link   
The CIA already admitted to faking OBL videos.

OBL is more alive then sheeple brains apparently.
edit on 22-1-2011 by Danbones because: www.dailypaul.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:50 AM
link   
I found a better site for the thread.

The article says the video, is really just audio.

And that can definitely be ruled out as Bin Laden. Anyone can speak Arabic over a audio recorder.

www.france24.com... /en/20110121-bin-laden-warns-france-hostages-pay-policies-muslim-lands-sarkozy-afghanistan-niger
edit on 22-1-2011 by Quickfix because: Link adjustment

edit on 22-1-2011 by Quickfix because: Just put the link together with the rest of the text and put it in the URL. The link wasn't posting properly.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:51 AM
link   
Double post
edit on 22-1-2011 by Quickfix because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:10 AM
link   
He might be dead? Sorry, I haven't heard anything about that, to be honest I'd forgotten all about Osama and not searching for news like that posted here I never came across anything saying he might be dead or that his previous videos/audio had been faked.

I have always found it odd that he'd make tapes declaring whatever every few years, surely if he was alive and as arrogant as people make out in his hatred for the west at he'd be denouncing things all the time

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 05:14 AM
link   
Any proof that he's dead?

I'm not doubting you, but i like proof. He could just as easily be alive, y'know since the Americans stopped the British SAS from getting him.

www.sasspecialairservice.com...
edit on 22-1-2011 by mr-lizard because: added linkie

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:45 AM
link   
Oh, he is alive and kicking so to speak and that fact that he was located within Mecca as it was offered as the only choice for him to stay alive.

Remember,

There are some serious bounty hunters across the world and the prize fish is in shallow waters, its all up to the saud family to allow the supposed intrusion.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 06:48 AM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

Exactly what I was thinking. Damage limitation I think. It did seam rather strange that he made that comment.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:41 AM
link   

Originally posted by gimme_some_truth

Col Sanders is still doing chicken, but no one thinks he's alive, why don't they just admit that bin-lamping is dead, but just keep him as the franchise "face".

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:42 AM
link   
reply to post by mike dangerously

Bin Laden has been dead for years....get over it.

Second line

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 07:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by mr-lizard
Any proof that he's dead?

I'm not doubting you, but i like proof. He could just as easily be alive, y'know since the Americans stopped the British SAS from getting him.

www.sasspecialairservice.com...
edit on 22-1-2011 by mr-lizard because: added linkie

Military analyst on CNN explains he was killed in the Tora Bora attack in 2001, the video is on youtube somewhere and it was posted on ATS somewhere too.

Several Pakistani soldiers have claimed that they knew where his body is buried too, but apparently these soldiers can't be found now? Go figure.

new topics

top topics

join