It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

The only thing that can wake up Americans

page: 2
<< 1    3 >>

join
share:

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:36 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
reply to post by beezzer

Name one? Name one danged nation or majior political system in this world today that didnt come off the edge of the sword. Or that doesnt use the sword.

We're talking about "lasting" change. Not change that brings one to power only becuse he has a bigger rock, gun, or stick. Change here, in America, if it is to be done, won't be effective if we use simple force to create that change. If we did that, then we'd be no better than those already in power. Real change means returning the voice to the people. Or rights have been slowly eroding over the years. Well, we need to erode the powers that politicians have given themselves. If it takes years, then so be it.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:41 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

What is "lasting change"? Just asking. Rome lasted for many hundreds of years by brute force and was beaten down at last by a combination of social erosion and the brute force of thier foes. And yet to this day we borrow from that world.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:46 AM
link   
This is just more Sorros manuipulation! - as to wether he is still working directly for the KGB or the NWO or wether both are in fact the same nowadays is another matter.

“Spontaneous” demonstrations of thousands of youths pouring out into the streets with such force as to compel the flight of a long-time president… To which country are we alluding: Georgia, Serbia, Myanmar,[1] Ukraine, Poland, Czechoslovakia, Iran, Hungary…? This time it is Tunisia. All of these “revolts” followed the same pattern. Already the Tunisian revolt is being called a “color revolution” by media and political pundits, and it has also been provided with a name; the “Jasmine Revolution,”[2] like the abortive “Green” and “Saffron” Revolutions, and the successful Velvet, Rose, Orange, and Tulip Revolutions, etc. These “color revolutions” all have a common pattern because they are all planned by the same strategists; namely the Open Society network of money speculator George Soros, who serves as a kind of modern-day Jacob Schiff in funding revolutions;[3] and the National Endowment for Democracy, the latter a post-Trotskyite founded, Congressionally-funded kind of “Comintern” promoting the “world democratic revolution” in the service of plutocracy and under the façade of liberty.

www.foreignpolicyjournal.com...

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:47 AM
link   

Originally posted by Logarock
reply to post by beezzer

What is "lasting change"? Just asking. Rome lasted for many hundreds of years by brute force and was beaten down at last by a combination of social erosion and the brute force of thier foes. And yet to this day we borrow from that world.

Lasting change would be change that doesn't have to be reinforced by the barrel of a gun.
Real change should allow freedoms to develop and flourish. Real change should allow you, me, anyone, the oppourtunity to grow and explore.
Forgive me for waxing prolific, but I can dream.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:57 AM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

Yea thats ok to dream, nice dream. Would be nice.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:09 AM
link   
Serious Change has come through non--violence just askk Barack Obama. I mean the reason he was able to run for president or go to harvard was because ofthe peaceful non-violent protest by MLK Jr. The same thing with India being free from English rule because of Ghandi.

Peaceful protest do incite change. Not all that often but it does sometimes.

Look at the IRA and the women who peacefully protested there actions.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:44 AM
link   
is this one of thous tavistock fishing threds?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 03:18 AM
link   
I do not agree with OP's remarks about Americans being complacent. generalizations rarely fare well to logic.

obviously, we first have to discount a whole chunk of the population that do not figure into "taking it to the streets". those under 18 have to answer to their elders, our many prisoners are all locked up, those too old, feeble or ill of health will not be participating.

I read the largest voting pool in the USA are the senior citizens. The seniors I know have been lied to all their lives by their government but they still got out there and voted. The papers have been full of stories with people protesting, speaking their minds and changing laws for a long time.

Also read that 51% of American households are now females with children, many of whom are unmarried. a lot of these ladies only get five minutes of peace and quiet when they use the bathroom. they would probably love to change the world but after a day of work & kids the Wonder Woman act gets worn out. These ladies are not complacent. they are tired.

there are a huge amount of wageslaves in America that are in a similar boat. the slavemasters only give them the weekend off so they will have clean underwear ready for work on Monday. add up the time Mom & Dad of America spend sleeping, morning prep, commute, work, errands-chores-family responsibilities.... how much time is left? Three hours on a Sunday to take in NASCAR or football? these people are so overworked and zombied that we would have to vacation them for six months before you could even get them on the train of conversation to enlightenment regarding the state of the world around them. think about it. you've probably tried to talk to loved ones about SHTF concerns, and they just give you the deer in the headlights look. it's sad.

so, they are not complacent either. they are wageslave victims of the corporate government. they are living their drone lives just as the schools & churchs meant them to be.

Also please don't overlook recent American history that firmly teaches citizens what takes place when Uncle Sam frowns upon citizens they perceive as 'not complacent'. Shooting unarmed college students on the campus of Kent State. The killings at Ruby Ridge. Texas industrialist Ross Perot being gaslighted to thwart his presidential bid. Sarah Palin's association with the Tea Party when it actually looked like they had legs and were going to go places. the writing is all over the wall coast to coast. those who speak up, those who stand out, live to regret it.

This is why i feel Americans are not complacent - but I will agree that for some, complacency exists.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 08:52 AM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
And yet, nobody takes to the White House to take back their country.

If Canada was a true friend they would burn it to the ground again. Take Congress too this time I will supply the marshmallows,

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:36 AM
link   
We are getting the dirty end of the stick in Canada too....We dont even have the fredom to own guns, much less carry one in public.
The lies are the same everywhere in the western "democracies.....
I think the biggest tool the gov Boys have to trot out, is the hackneyed adage that we have it sooo very much better than anyone else out there.
If this is true, the whole world is ripe for change, and it is my opinion thats what itll take forr real lasting change.The whole damn family of man has to stand together against these corporate dictators who actually run everything through bribery, violence, and intimidation of one kind or another.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 09:56 AM
link   
It was burned in the war of 1812 + 200 years = 2012 Is this a sign that 2012 is the year the people take their freedom back?

I hope Jesus wasn't being sarcastic when he said "The meek shall inheirit the earth."

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 11:14 AM
link   

Originally posted by LargeFries

Also read that 51% of American households are now females with children, many of whom are unmarried. a lot of these ladies only get five minutes of peace and quiet when they use the bathroom. they would probably love to change the world but after a day of work & kids the Wonder Woman act gets worn out. These ladies are not complacent. they are tired.

Well now a lot of women have made this bed for themselves. Just saying. As far as the crying about long hours and being tired well welcome to the old boys club. You wanted it you bought it and now you got it.

..... these people are so overworked and zombied that we would have to vacation them for six months before you could even get them on the train of conversation to enlightenment regarding the state of the world around them. think about it. you've probably tried to talk to loved ones about SHTF concerns, and they just give you the deer in the headlights look. it's sad.

Know what you mean. May take longer than 6 months.
edit on 22-1-2011 by Logarock because: ex

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 12:50 PM
link   
reply to post by beezzer

And what has changed??????
2nd line.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 01:12 PM
link   
The biggest problem, IMO, being an American and very aware of the political landscape and games of TPTB, is that there is no solid plan, no person or even group, that can move the masses enough to create the needed changes.

As others have pointed out, and I will echo, being a parent (to 3 kids), husband, full time worker, it leaves almost no time to march or protest or do much of anything if you care about your family and want to have some small quality of life.

There is no solid "plan" that is laid out step by step, with details for those who want them, that will turn everything around.

Nobody wants war anymore, except the elite and TPTB.

Nobody wants people to starve and go without basic medicine, except the elite and TPTB.

Nobody wants to work and pay taxes that go directly to the bankers and elite, except the elite and TPTB.

There is no person, group or thing that has presented a good, strong, solid plan for doing what needs to be done. Some have tried, but with no success because the elite have so much control and power and they don't care about money, they care about keeping control and power.

We, as people in the world, are lucky to get crumbs. They have built such an incredible web of "complexes" (social, media, industrial, military, etc.) that they have essentially cornered everyone into being slaves.

If people want to take back the country, someone like Ghandi, MLK, Jesus, etc. needs to polarize 100+ million people at least, and then, maybe, just maybe, the rotten members of our government who know they have something to worry about will just leave, and the people who are there for the right reasons will stay. We can then fill in the gaps with the right crowd.

As it stands today, everything from the Presidency down to the city and county courts and judicial systems, with everything in between, is almost totally corrupt. Even the people who think that they are not corrupt don't realize that they are just pushing papers or doing the grunt work for someone who is.

We need someone who can truly polarize the masses, then you'll see changes.

~Namaste
edit on 22-1-2011 by SonOfTheLawOfOne because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:00 PM
link   

Originally posted by TheOracle
Note: I am not calling for a revolution, simply asking why it hasn't happened yet

Seriously, the govt is happy for you to keep your guns, because nothing else will move you out of your sofa, dear american friends.

I know this might sound absolutely absurd to you, but here in America we dont shoot people that have different ideas. We have politics. We argue. Arguing can take a long time to bring about a rightful change. Our government has checks and balances, meaning that no branch can be too powerful to actually matter. And every American will agree that we dont want a war in our homeland. The civil war was the most brutal war in American history and nobody wants to revert back to a land not governed by law. We like laws.

Lets stop blaming America because of Iraq and get over it. It was ten years ago and its coming to an end finally. When we leave I hope the Taliban run back in and own the country again so that people like you can pull your head out of your American hating ass for five minutes to realize that you cant just bomb a country, overthrow its government, and then leave as quickly as you beat them, even if you bombing the country was wrong in the first place. You have to maintain order in the country, and until theyre capable of combating the Taliban on their own we cant just pack up and leave.
edit on 22-1-2011 by Secularist because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:02 PM
link   
reply to post by Logarock

Well now a lot of women have made this bed for themselves. Just saying. As far as the crying about long hours and being tired well welcome to the old boys club. You wanted it you bought it and now you got it.

I beg to differ with you. I don't believe that people set out to make a hard life for themselves. And for all you know a Single Mother could have become one because her husband died in Iraq.

Myself, I have no kids and have been able to do a bit better for myself. I am kind of in, or near anyway, that "old boys club" rather then being just a regular workin' stiff.

Mainly because I watched what I was doing and have a lot of education. But of course I was able to do that.

This leads me to thoughts of this "revolution" everyone wants or at least discusses 50 ways to Sunday on the net.

How about "creating this revolution" by doing things differently? I actually have ideas for businesses and could put them into effect as I have contacts in banking and there *is* gov $ out there too, tax breaks, etc. I actually do research and work on these things.

However - the bureaucracy is immense and sometimes things just won't work. For instance - I was interested in processing a particular (agricultural) commodity (no, not reefer), and this could be done, and is done successfully in other countries - however - there are various trade embargoes against it - so that kinda stops me right there.

And as far as "change" in general goes - things are not going to change overnight. See the aforementioned bureaucracy. People crucify Obama for not changing things fast enough - but IMO the same would be happening no matter what - due to the ridiculous amounts of bureaucracy.

I find it funny - I think most US people noticed this - "Eggo" waffles were not available for the longest of times. Months if not close to a year. There were signs in the grocery stores stating this. They may still be there. It's funny, no one questions that when to me - I am baffled as to what exactly went wrong here - and WHY it has taken so long to fix. I mean - it's a few ingredients, fairly simple industrial food production, malfunctions or bad ingredients in such places can normally be fixed quickly. Wasn't lack of, everybody else was still cranking out waffles and pancakes. I find this odd.

What's even odder is - people seem to think this is "normal" and wait patiently for this "change" - yet scream when "Teh Government" can't automatically change life into a Utopian Paradise with the snap of fingers.

In any case, I am involved in several biz concerns and researching more, and of course investigating new ideas and what could be done.

I feel ~ this ~ is how any "revolution" is going to come about. Innovation.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:04 PM
link   
reply to post by StripedBandit

Nothing.
Yet.

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 02:15 PM
link   

Originally posted by Whiffer Nippets

I beg to differ with you.
I knew that you would

I don't believe that people set out to make a hard life for themselves.
Ofcourse not

And for all you know a Single Mother could have become one because her husband died in Iraq.
But I know so much more than that

I am kind of in, or near anyway, that "old boys club" rather then being just a regular workin' stiff.
by that my meaning was back in the day when mostly men wroked themselves to the point of not having much energy to do anything else. Now the gals are in and both are to tired to do anything.

I find it funny - I think most US people noticed this - "Eggo" waffles were not available for the longest of times. Months if not close to a year. There were signs in the grocery stores stating this. They may still be there. It's funny, no one questions that when to me - I am baffled as to what exactly went wrong here - and WHY it has taken so long to fix. I mean - it's a few ingredients, fairly simple industrial food production, malfunctions or bad ingredients in such places can normally be fixed quickly. Wasn't lack of, everybody else was still cranking out waffles and pancakes. I find this odd.

this is odd.

edit on 22-1-2011 by Logarock because: (no reason given)

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:06 PM
link   
While I don't agree with everything the OP has written, reading a lot of these responses I'm seeing that most of you have proven the OP's point - not only are we complacent but we're fearful of our government. We're afraid of being labeled terrorist and unpatriotic by demonstrating against our out of control government. We're too tired, too poor, too complacent, not wanting take away from the quality of our lives (what little we have these days) to stand up and do the right thing for our country. Let those of us who aren't bogged down by those things take the stand and we'll back them. Problem is - we're ALL tired at the end of the day. We're ALL struggling to make ends meet living (if you call it that) week to week, paycheck to paycheck. We ALL value what little quality time we have with our families. And since we ALL suffer these things then who's left to take the stand? Who's that "other American"? As long as we all think and feel that way then nothing will ever happen - ie: we're complacent. If our forefathers thought like that then where would be today?

posted on Jan, 22 2011 @ 04:25 PM
link   
the people in the US are castrated and gaged from years of secret bull $h!+ thats been going on in our country for years that we havent been aware of and with all our rights being taken makes there agenda that much easier to control. unless you have a good idea to change tptb atm let us know.

new topics

top topics

<< 1    3 >>

join