It looks like you're using an Ad Blocker.

Please white-list or disable AboveTopSecret.com in your ad-blocking tool.

Thank you.

 

Some features of ATS will be disabled while you continue to use an ad-blocker.

 

Bush snubs the NAACP

page: 1
0

log in

join
share:

posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 12:28 PM
link   
The Chicago Tribune has a tiny article about Bush's remarks about their organization. Not only is he the first President in 70 years to not attend their convention, but he also said: "I describe my relationship with the current leadership as basically non-existent because of their rhetoric."

I find it curious that a President would snub the NAACP during an election year, especially considering the influence the organization has on the African-American constituency. Heck, I don't agree with a lot of their rhetoric either, but if I was running for President, I'd smile and nod my head at one of their conventions anyway.




posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 12:35 PM
link   
Hmmm, the President of The US snubbing a racial hate group? About time, I'd say.



posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 12:47 PM
link   

Originally posted by Ambient Sound
Hmmm, the President of The US snubbing a racial hate group? About time, I'd say.


Could not have said it better. Until humans start being humans and not racial groups there will never be equality.



posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 01:11 PM
link   

Originally posted by Hecate100


I find it curious that a President would snub the NAACP during an election year, especially considering the influence the organization has on the African-American constituency. Heck, I don't agree with a lot of their rhetoric either, but if I was running for President, I'd smile and nod my head at one of their conventions anyway.


Now, why would you sit there and pretend to agree with them if you really didn't? If you don't agree with their crap, stand up and say so. Dont be fake like most of these loosers we call leaders. Where is the genuinity? If more people stood by what they believed than we'd be headed in the right direction. I have no respect for anyone that would pretend to agree with something they didn't. I am not big on Bush but I for this I appluad him.

What, Jesse Jackson going to boycot Bush? Like he is going to get their vote anyway, why waste time trying to talk to them. All they want is something for nothing and Kerry will give it to them. Bush knows this and doesn't see the need to waste his time listening to their crying.



posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 01:21 PM
link   
I think he had a prior engagement at Bob Jones University!



posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 02:00 PM
link   
I don't like the NAACP, I don't like Jesse Jackson.

But the only reason Bush should've done the speaking there is to gain the black vote, I read that 9 out of 10 blacks vote Democrat or something around those lines.

I can see Kerry getting the black vote.

But Kerry will not get the south vote, even though Edwards is a Southerner.



posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 02:14 PM
link   

Originally posted by JediMaster
But the only reason Bush should've done the speaking there is to gain the black vote, I read that 9 out of 10 blacks vote Democrat or something around those lines.

I can see Kerry getting the black vote.


So dont you think it would be a big fat waste of time to go there and listen to all their "poor us" jabber? Maybe it's his way of giving the NAACP and Jesse Jackson the finger.



posted on Jul, 11 2004 @ 02:59 PM
link   
I think it's telling that the left would expect Bush to just go and save face with an organization that has basically turned into nothing more than a racial hate group. By this we can assume that Kerry would have gone and smiled at them, even though he probably doesn't share their views either.

This is true hypocracy.



new topics

top topics



 
0

log in

join